Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee Topic: Sonic Boom

(XBOX)RPColten

Sonic Boom is the first ability in Banshees kit and is a strong enemy deterrent capable of knocking down nearly all targets and incapacitating them for a short moment, excluding some units such as Moa's (Very short knockdown duration).

What about it?

• Changing Banshee's first ability "Sonic Boom" into a 'one-handed' casting animation that does not restrict the players movement or ability to perform other actions at the same albeit brief time.

Why though?

• Despite being fairly potent, it does however restrict the players movement and ability to perform various other actions alongside it. Allowing it to be cast with greater fluidity would allow it to more easily fit within the mold of a play-style adopted by Banshee such as rapid and constant movement. While not entirely a necessary change/update, I strongly believe it would be cause the ability to have a better reception within her kit as a whole and players would take to it more readily and reliably as a tool to avoid nasty confrontations. Additionally it would bring it in-line with other abilities that have similar outputs such as Mag's "Pull".

It does have a line-of-sight requirement and delay between casts, so allowing it to be used in conjunction with most actions (notably reloading and moving) wouldn't be a change that I believe could open it up to any more exploitation than it may or may not have.

Post-Edit: Thoughts? This topic has been on my mind for quite a while and I've been trying to think of why it would not be change well-received to her kit or the players using her. Maybe I missed something.

Edit*2: It was brought up that the ability could also see a sound design adjustment to provide more definition to the ability. Obviously not a total necessity, but a frame based around sound would probably be one of the few to have some extra detail going into the audio department.

Edited by (XB1)RPColten
Additions

I (still) play a lot with Banshee, and that would be a welcome change in the spirit of her overall theme. It's not that her first skill will suddenly become overpowered or anything, but something I most definitely would be using more than I do now. In fact I'd say Sonic Boom is the least used skill in my experience simply because it's not very practical as it stands.

Upvoted.

I've been wondering why this hadn't already happened./Support

On a semi-related note, after seeing Gara's ability to charge her 1, I had thought it'd be sweet if Banshee could charge her Sonic Boom into the Ground Pound attack

Not actually suggesting this, though. I just really miss the days when Rhino had Ground Pound. Nothin' like slammin' your fist into the floor and watching flying foes inexplicably explode. 

Edited by MagnusFury

I still think Sonic Boom could stand to have needs more range ... and also damage while we're at it,
compare it to Pull's numbers (without even going into Pull's further functions) and weep.

Alternatively, I don't think it'd be insane to give SB Silence's non-LOS stagger instead
(yay spammable stun) while still being a cone ability to have less overlap with her 4,
and replace Silence with a different, less redundant (see also her Passive) ability.