Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Prime VS Excalibur Umbra

(PSN)CommunistWorld

Question

18 answers to this question

vor 11 Minuten schrieb (PS4)CommunistWorld:

What do you mean both?

Damage wise both of them are close to beein gamebreaking and neather lacks in survivability so there really isn't a better or worse. Just two frames that fill the same role but feel different. Try them out and pick whoever you like better.

For one both Warframes are different, with their own stats and abilities. So putting the exact same mod set up on both may not be optimal. For example, Excalibur Umbra has no way of going invisible like Ash Prime can, and has to rely on Radial Howl as well as his higher armor stat to survive, so it may be more worthwhile to equip hp and armor mods on him compared to Ash who doesn’t need them as much. Then there’s Warframe ability augments, such as Seeking Shuriken that lets Ash’s Shuriken strip enemy armor, or Chromatic Blade that boosts Umbra’s Exalted Blade status chance while changing its damage type from physical to elemental based on energy color.

As for your question, both frames are capable of surviving while dealing out damage, Umbra is more tanky, and can use his Exalted Blade to take out sortie-level enemies quickly assuming you have a decent build. Ash can avoid getting shot at in the first place with his Smoke Screen, and can use his Blade Storm to take out enemy mobs easily while leaving the player free to engage other enemies.

vor 33 Minuten schrieb (PS4)CommunistWorld:

So if I switched to Umbra, I won’t end up dying more or dish out less damage?

Nah but if you feel like you do, there's a few tricks that push his survivability ad infinitum.

There's generally two paths for his exalted blade: you go Chromatic blade and focus on Cc from his Blind and blade generated Ex status or you go Surging Dash, build up combo and have more status types that build up slower but that may end up doing more damage.

The second option makes using Huras Kubrows possible, what realisticly replaces the Wave status with a)invulnerability while you dash and b)invisibility when you keep doing it, what can be followed by a blind for full security. Looks something like this.

http://imgur.com/gallery/tqI7izl

8 hours ago, (PS4)CommunistWorld said:

So, I’m about to gain Excalibur Umbra from a quest; if each Warframe had the exact same mods, which one would be more suitable for survivability while also be able to dish out high damage?

(Not sure if this is important but I use the War as my main weapon, as I primary only do melee).

ASh. since you can shoot or evade why your clone is doing blade storm

Why not both? 🤔 They are two different play styles, unless you've come from CS and you view them as different skins.

Ash has stealth into meme strike written all over, you'll be like an immortal blender as long as you don't leave stealth and will probably 1shot almost anything.

Excalibur can reach immortality as long as you don't afk, he won't 1shot enemies, but properly built, his exalted blade is like an aoe machine gun mowing enemies at range.

The holy trinity of immortal Excal is Quick Thinking, Hunter Adrenaline and Life Strike. Quick thinking uses your energy as a "mana shield" before death, Hunter Adrenaline converts damage to hp into energy and Life Strike is probably the most OP life steal I've ever seen in a game, from 0 to 100% in one hit, you don't even need to max it and even at max rank it will be dirt cheap - 15 energy or so, so you can just hold it down if you're being focused.

Overall I'd go with Excal, because there's rarely a mistake severe enough that could get you killed, but I often go with Ash as well.