The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What will happen to the visual channeling effects with Melee 3.0?

Oturbo

As a person who sometimes really enjoy pressing the channeling button solely for the purpose of getting the cool effect is gives.(Targis prime armor OMG)

What will happen to these effects with Melee 3.0 with channeling being removed? Will these effects be accessible in another way or will they just disappear never to be seen again?

Il y a 3 heures, (PS4)Equinox21697 a dit :

Channelling is still there but it'll be automatically activated if you have your melee weapon equipped I think, they're just removing the dedicated channelling button 

I hope they intend to remove energy consumption then, or I'll never equip melee weapon 

4 hours ago, Oturbo said:

As a person who sometimes really enjoy pressing the channeling button solely for the purpose of getting the cool effect is gives.(Targis prime armor OMG)

What will happen to these effects with Melee 3.0 with channeling being removed? Will these effects be accessible in another way or will they just disappear never to be seen again?

wait for the devstream where they'll talk about it

What: We’re back, and we have LOTS to show and tell. Updates on Melee and what Channeling is becoming, Fortuna + The Orb Vallis' secrets and more await you. And this time our K-Drives will actually work on the Coolant Lakes... or will they?

From what i can gather..

Channeling button is getting replaced with a heavy attack button.  Combo counter will now build up but not apply to regular hits, you will use the heavy attack to release the damage your combo counter has built up.  I believe they are buffing weapons so people who rely on crit builds that crit on every hit (me) wont lose too much damage.

I dont know, i hope they implement this properly because ive put alot of time into my crit builds, like alot of people i am anxious to see what has been done.

Also channeling wont cost energy so maybe using the heavy attack is "channeling" the combo counter.

• 1 month later...