Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cencorship

terrorBOOKs

So... I am a (new) player in case of years as my focus in the game has been from 2014 to today but with me only actively engaging with the game and creating a profile to boot for almost 6 months. Of course having friends that play the game I have been warned about certain aspects of moderation and how they can be extreme: having phrases as a whole be a reason to ban people in a rated M game. M for mature i believe. At that time i completely ignored their "warnings" until I actually got involved with the community more, which happened around August. And so i felt the bite of extreme censorship after using the notorious phrase: zezha [REDACTED] (won't try it again). So i watched videos, searched Reddit for information and there i found the truth behind all this. And here is my questions: This is an M rated game, how come there so many banned words? Even when the mods themselves curse the community is there no reaction from DE? How am i supposed to feel as a played that has sank time and money in the game when I know there is someone above me that can ban me for saying a MEME or other joke? Is there anyway we can actually secure ourselves from this? Isn't this toxic by itself? Again on a rated game with the ability to ignore or block people you don't like this kind of censorship isn't a bit too much? Couldn't i choose how to respond to "offence" directed towards me? And i know full well of what i am doing currently. I might very well be digging my grave and setting myself on a scope (I have been warned for that as well but i believe DE is not petty) and frankly I don't care. I would prefer having a 3 months suspension for saying my opinion than playing in an environment that is not welcome to me. I love how the bots or mods respond to questions. I love how some aids of lotus are there for the newer players. I fear the power that people outside of DE claim to have. I fear for my future with this game, for the political correctness it seems to SOMETIMES reinforce when others condemn. I want someone to tell me if this is a common feeling from and for the community. Because no matter if i needed macro-economy knowledge to be able to trade in game, i still enjoyed the process of learning. If anyone sees this do take some time to reply with as much as a simple: i feel the same way, or: its really not that bad. I would really appreciate it.

1 minute ago, Oreades said:

Part of it is that DE is a Canadian company and Canada while trying to be progressive has passed some pretty regressive laws that DE has to abide by else they open themselves up to possible legal troubles. 

Then couldn't DE make an official reply with that being one of its reasons for the censorship? I have been reading through post after post and all i see is quite or worse (for me)... people advocating for that extreme censorship. In... illogical ways mostly.

Oh man, these are so fun. "I would like to umm politely complain about how ... misguided this chatbot is.." SOmething something censorship and free speech without having actual knowledge of law and what hate speech falls under. /yawn

At some point, you have to stop whining and be bigots on your own time.

Calls to more the chatbot into alliances and clans as well, please.

I literally wonder if the OP and others think it's just cishet white men playing and none of the rest of us play games as well, and...don't want to be crapped on.

Edited by SpicyDinosaur

Never said so. What i said is why is using memes online offensive to anyone? And couldn't those same people mute/block me? Do they need a big brother to clean after them? Being mature is having a mature sense of humor, and unlike using your time to do something you want

6 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Oh man, these are so fun. "I would like to umm politely complain about how ... misguided this chatbot is.." SOmething something censorship and free speech without having actual knowledge of law and what hate speech falls under. /yawn

I literally wonder if the OP and others think it's just cishet white men playing and none of the rest of us play games as well, and...don't want to be crapped on.

Well fellow human that got offended, how does being triggered by a peaceful post feel? Does my opinion and question, even my ignorance trigger you? Then oh wise lord, how am i supposed to learn if I don't ask?

Never said so. What i said is why is using memes online offensive to anyone? And couldn't those same people mute/block me? Do they need a big brother to clean after them? Being mature is having a mature sense of humor, and being able tousi your time to do something you want

Well fellow human that got offended, how does being triggered by a peaceful post feel? Does my opinion and question, even my ignorance trigger you? Then oh wise lord, how am i supposed to learn if I don't ask?

Never said so. What i said is why is using memes online offensive to anyone? And couldn't those same people mute/block me? Do they need a big brother to clean after them? Being mature is having a mature sense of humor, and being able to use your time to do something you want

The M rating is for violence and blood; online interactions are not rated because they come from other people, not the game itself. Also, the existence of an M rating, or a chat filter, or an ignore function, does not excuse you to be as obnoxious as you like. DE has some ground rules in place, presumably with this idea in mind, to try and keep things civil and respectful.

I hate to sound dismissive, but if common courtesy in a public chat space is too "politically correct" for your tastes, then...the door's over there.

Oh look, another one. You now, last thread I was in related to this topic, there was binary code being spammed, everyone was trying to reach 10 pages. It was glorious. 

Also the formatting in this one, meme worthy. Well, I'll wait for the lock. Let's see what fun happens this time. 

1 minute ago, Sajochi said:

Oh look, another one. You now, last thread I was in related to this topic, there was binary code being spammed, everyone was trying to reach 10 pages. It was glorious. 

Also the formatting in this one, meme worthy. Well, I'll wait for the lock. Let's see what fun happens this time. 

Did i #*!% something up too bad?

Just now, terrorBOOKs said:

Did i #*!% something up too bad?

Hm, your original post is so jumbled together that I barely want to read it. Also, your responses are a bit on the,  emotional and angry side. Also, don't mind me. I like watching dumpster fires when they happen. Just a hobby. 

2 minutes ago, KochDerFrettchen said:

That's a bit presumptious of you, ahahahaha

As if only a particular group of people contain bigots.  As if only a particular group of people can take rude/dark humor.  As if only a particular group of people can ignore/tank 'mean words'.

ahahahahahaha

isn't there that one joke about racism being a crime? And that being for a certain ethnic group? What can i say, I do pull triggers

Just now, Sajochi said:

Hm, your original post is so jumbled together that I barely want to read it. Also, your responses are a bit on the,  emotional and angry side. Also, don't mind me. I like watching dumpster fires when they happen. Just a hobby. 

Noted, thanks for the info

The player base has gathered a body of evidence over the last 3 years that does seem to suggest it is as bad, at least internally, as you fear.

17 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Equating dissatisfaction with the chatbot to bigotry? Ouch.

Assuming the ethnicity and orientation of someone with whom you disagree, just to make a jab at them? Not necessary.

6 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

You might be interested to know that the thread you're referring to would appear to have been deleted.

Archived links exist, but the thread and page links on these forums now return error pages instead. A second thread from earlier today appears to have suffered the same fate.

Just now, notlamprey said:

You might be interested to know that the thread you're referring to would appear to have been deleted.

Archived links exist, but the thread and page links on these forums now return error pages instead. A second thread from earlier today appears to have suffered the same fate.

That's how you know the best memes happened. They're impossible to steal. 

3 minutes ago, notlamprey said:

The player base has gathered a body of evidence over the last 3 years that does seem to suggest it is as bad, at least internally, as you fear.

Equating dissatisfaction with the chatbot to bigotry? Ouch.

Assuming the ethnicity and orientation of someone with whom you disagree, just to make a jab at them? Not necessary.

I ignored it since its the internet and I don't get offended. Also threads deleted eh? Think i should be wary of a blacklist?

2 minutes ago, (XB1)ll Ascendant ll said:

Wow, never been banned and it was probably due to not saying goofy words. Talk like you talk to your mom and you wouldn't be banned. Simple as that.

Well.... I see your point. But at the same time i fail to understand the reasoning. I got called a bigot but I didn't even flinch... Wouldn't anyone confident in himself not care about someone trying to offend him over the internet, hidden behind a screen? And in the end calling people names when they mess up feels better for me. Especially when its directed to me... WARFRAME and all being strategic and people talking it seriously. I donno