Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo, turn off the rift!

TioMegaManX

1 minute ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

If you are blitzing through the field then you are not inside the cataclysm, therefore you are killing things, I am pretty sure you are mistaking purposefully banished targets with those on the edges of a cataclysm.

Probably am, which is slowing me down.  Cant mistake a victim of Rhino stomp, or paralysis. 

TBH, Limbo - or rather, the rift - needs a way for allies to enter without Limbo's direct assistance. That would lift the 'random enemy gets banished and the player using Limbo doesn't notice' problem, and frees up a lot of his moves.

Of course, either way, being conscientious with your powers is important. Maximum range isn't everything for this precise reason. A smaller cataclysm leaves slots open for survivability, utility or power strength if you want to double up with Rift Torrent, and allows enemies to get near enough for a trouncing. I've got a good all-rounder setup on my Limbo prime that has only 145% range (about half max range Limbo) and some power strength for Rift Torrent. He's extremely capable and I use him for almost everything. I can even run Plague Star in a decent amount of time thanks to Shattering Impact, Tiberon Prime and the 600-1000% damage buffs the infested horde give me. But still, when playing with other Tenno, I try to avoid using all my powers simply because I can mess with everyone else. No need to use a hammer when a little elbow grease is all that's needed.

But hey, same can be said for a bucketload of other frames. Nyx, Nova, Frost, they can all mess with other players. Even Harrow can screw over Nezha's, Rhino's and other Harrows. Limbo's not that much worse than any of these frames. And of course, for some people, any nuke frame is ten times worse than Limbo.

3 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

If you are blitzing through the field then you are not inside the cataclysm, therefore you are killing things, I am pretty sure you are mistaking purposefully banished targets with those on the edges of a cataclysm.

Probably am, which is slowing me down.  Cant mistake a victim of Rhino stomp, or paralysis. 

2 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Every time something new comes up I just see what they do even if I don't use them, otherwise how would I know I am interested in getting the new toy?

Thats fine to be like that if you are interested in newer, shinier things.  Like i said, my frames work well in their intended fields, so why look for something else?

Besides, plenty of peole let you know on the forums when something good is out.  Its not hard to miss.

Edited by (PS4)brettles1983

1 minute ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Like walking inside a big bubble?

5 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

without Limbo's direct assistance

Last I checked, I need to put down the bubble. That sounds like direct assistance to me.

Also, sometimes I have a cataclysm up elsewhere - for example on an interception game - and need to rift something else, like a Nox for easy headshots. If I then grab some other mook without noticing, that guy's still in the rift and is still a nuisance to everyone else.

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

Last I checked, I need to put down the bubble. That sounds like direct assistance to me.

Also, sometimes I have a cataclysm up elsewhere - for example on an interception game - and need to rift something else, like a Nox for easy headshots. If I then grab some other mook without noticing, that guy's still in the rift and is still a nuisance to everyone else.

The only way would be to leave permanent rift portals when you jump inside.

Just now, VanFanel1980mx said:

The only way would be to leave permanent rift portals when you jump inside.

No, not really. I'd recommend checking out @PsiWarp's ideas, he's had a number of thoughts on adjusting the rift. I don't necessarily fully agree with all of them, but the point stands that permanent rift portals are not the only way.

That aside, there's also the possibility of giving rifted enemies some property that grants players who attempt interaction with them the ability to enter the rift.

Just now, (PS4)brettles1983 said:

Im not sure if this is true or not but man it made me laugh.

Cataclysm, usually the only way Limbo is using the rift on static defense targets, the one people complain the most despite being the easier to play with and basically the only one Limbo players use with randos because they won't learn about the other three abilities.

Yeah, we limbo players are mostly at fault for people's ignorance.

Some people leave before the match starts cause they consider all limbos noobs.

Others complain about the range of his 4, even thought everyone wants it on the negatives, most people cant survive on 1 spot for too long. Yes i can revive you safely, but how about helping you not die to begin with?

People complain aswell (in this thread mostly) about not being able to shoot inside cataclysm. They dont even know that he was buffed.

People complain that he makes the match slower. Thing is, unless you are using a fast nova the difference of speed with and without limbo is almost unnoticiable, just move your ass to the edge of the map and kill the enemies, a good limbo dont have an over the top cataclysm. (People reccomend negative range, but i reccomend at least 100% cause i just dont trust that my team mates will do the job.)

58 minutes ago, Yatazanami said:

and this here is  what i meant guys, you cant cure stupid or convert haters no matter how hard you educate or reason with them , its just not going to work .

This guy, riding above us all on his high horse.  

33 minutes ago, (PS4)Pizza_Parker said:

i just dont trust that my team mates will do the job

This guy, calls us ignorant then ignorantly states his team mates cant do the job.

28 minutes ago, (PS4)brettles1983 said:

This guy, riding above us all on his high horse.  

This guy, calls us ignorant then ignorantly states his team mates cant do the job.

oh baby stop lying to yourself , the horse i am riding get his legs and back broken by DE on the

request of ignorance horse riders who think they're better than every limbo user out there

and also believe he dose not deserve 2 freaking mn of they're life to check up on the thing

that make them rage and foam and scratch they're heads on bewilderment .

Edited by Yatazanami

What if a frame had ability that made a bubble around itself that made all abilities fizzle. Abilities can't be send into the bubble, they can't be sent out of the bubble. Everyone would be having a fit. Well, that's what cata does to guns. And it's not cool. Waiting for things to get all the way to the bubble to shoot is not a good substitute for shooting them at range. That takes longer, and as they get to the bubble they spread so punch through no longer kills multiple enemies, making it take longer to kill them all. Going outside the bubble is also not okay in practice, because now we have people spread to all corners of the earth not in affinity range of each other.

What DE needs to do is either rework and change the skills of this Warframe again so all his rift shenanigans only apply to himself, or just make cataclysm a fixed tiny range ability, just large enough to cover an objective, that isn't affected by range mods. Cause right now, I'd literally rather just have an afk leacher on my team than a Limbo 9 times out of 10.

They probably outta do the same for Gara and Frost. Both of those frames are begging for range mods to improve their abilities, but range mods ruin their shields.

Edited by Erytroxylin

2 minutes ago, Erytroxylin said:

What if a frame had ability that made a bubble around itself that made all abilities fizzle. Abilities can't be send into the bubble, they can't be sent out of the bubble. Everyone would be having a fit. Well, that's what cata does to guns. And it's not cool. Waiting for things to get all the way to the bubble to shoot is not a good substitute for shooting them at range. That takes longer, and as they get to the bubble they spread so punch through no longer kills multiple enemies, making it take longer to kill them all. Going outside the bubble is also not okay in practice, because now we have people spread to all corners of the earth not in affinity range of each other.

What DE needs to do is either rework this Warframe again, or just make cataclysm a fixed tiny range ability, just large enough to cover an objective, that isn't affected by range mods.

how many times do you think DE ''fixed'' him eh ? and it was all futile

what corner of the universe you're talking about lol the max range you can have on cataclysm is 44m

and the affinity range is 50m so stop making stuff up and learn how to use him to your advantage 

and its intended to be like this , we're using his kit as DE see fit so you guys are in wrong here . 

only thing i hate is when a limbo decides to have a massive bubble on defense.. you dont need freakin limbo in 5-10 waves of defense (most full random groups leave by then) and it just makes it take longer. and you should never have an extremely large bubble for a defense anyway, or excavation, or anything else except interception it would be fine

How often do people even backflip? I think the best fixes would be that people within, say, fifty meters of any Limbo can backflip into and out of the rift freely, but Limbo no longer leaves portals when hitting shift. That, and allow people to interact with consoles from within the rift. If the console isn't in the rift, you get kicked out and can't be banished until you're done hacking. If the console is within Cataclysm, you can hack freely. That, or you get kicked out anyway and consoles aren't effected by Cataclysm. Limbo might get even more OP if you can hack from safely within the rift. Although that means you can drop a giant Cataclysm and Stasis and then hack while everything that gets close gets frozen, but at least it would reduce complaints. Hopefully.

13 minutes ago, Yatazanami said:

what corner of the universe you're talking about lol the max range you can have on cataclysm is 44m

and the affinity range is 50m so stop making stuff up and learn how to use him to your advantage 

In my experience what happens is that people forced to leave the bubble don't stop at the bubbles edge. They just go to the spawn points of the npcs instead because they might as well if they are already forced to move.

3 hours ago, (PS4)brettles1983 said:

I entered a random squad defence with my Eternal Warcry Valk P.

Assuming you're using Valkyr not for leveling your weapons, then you could just use Hysteria Claws which ignores rift state. Or if you're actually leveling your melee weapon, you could just either stay inside or outside of the Cataclysm, it's not like you're the only one who is obligated to kill all enemies, the limbo himself could also do the killing.

3 hours ago, (PS4)brettles1983 said:

i have no idea how the rift works

Then why don't you find out how it works? It will take less time and energy than getting mad over it. Beside, if you're planning to invest your time in this game, it's mandatory that you know the common mechanics in this game. It's just like other multiplayer games which have different classes/abilities, you'll need to learn about them to work together effectively.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only times you may get mad over a limbo are when they do these things and not cooperating even after you complains, for example:

- Limbo is afk in the rift

- Random banish spam

- Cataclysm on/off spam on high level missions

- Max range Cataclysm + rift surge

There's no need to get mad about simple things like:

- cataclysm forces me to walk in/out of cataclysm to hit enemies inside/outside of cataclysm

- cataclysm is forcing me to use operator to activate consoles (unless you don't have operator or you're embarrassed at people looking at your operator)

- i got banished and forced to use roll to get out of the rift

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, for new limbo users, it's better to learn how to use limbo and practice on solo before using it on public matchmaking.

Edited by CodeCypher

2 hours ago, Yatazanami said:

are you telling me that i should be punished and blacklisted for your ignorance ? are saying you cant take 2mn of your time to visit a wiki page and read the damn

thing because you DONT LIKE HIM and he case you so much RAGE AND PAIN but me who did that is the bad guy ? 

"Ignorance" is all about the blacklist option. I want to have the option to ignore such annoyance, but i can't. Or are you afraid to be stuck in Limbo's limbo with a bunch of other Limbos in that defense mission? I don't.

(and try to read or reread, i'm talking about misuse, not the frame per si - and all the hate Limbo have is about the neverending sea of trolls in public missions)

1 minute ago, Kwikwilyaqa said:

"Ignorance" is all about the blacklist option. I want to have the option to ignore such annoyance, but i can't. Or are you afraid to be stuck in Limbo's limbo with a bunch of other Limbos in that defense mission? I don't.

(and try to read or reread, i'm talking about misuse, not the frame per si - and all the hate Limbo have is about the neverending sea of trolls in public missions)

i am a limbo fanboy and i love him to death, i would luv to be stuck with fellow limbos but ..

this blacklist option you're talking about will only get abused more than max range+duration limbo in defense missions , i understand better than anyone here the pain of 

getting trolled by the old limbo , but i cant justifies the cries now after his stasis get reworked to easy mode

you can even bypass the whole rift plane with your operator amp for Christ sake 

stop complaining and git gud .

I never understood these "us and them" topics. Do people who play Limbo or [insert any other Warframe here] play those exclusively? I like to think not.

Do people who who play Limbo or [insert any other Warframe here] always carry the entire squad through the mission? That's a pile of nonsense.

2 hours ago, (PS4)brettles1983 said:

Friend, those who i call ignorant are the ones that doesnt know about the buff, or get mad when in the rift and prefer to complain and shoot untouchable enemies instead of rolling out for 1 second, or say the bs that the match takes too long even thought a 100% range bubble isnt that big and you can still kill enemies fast.

But if my comment really offended you then i am sorry, i will try to choose my words better next time.

And i can understand where you are coming from when you say i made an ignorant comment, and perhaps you are right, again i failed to communicate my thoughts properly.

I do restrain myself from using cataclysm right  at the start of the mission, to know for sure if i am really needed or not.

But i come to a mission ready to babysit my team mates in case they appear to struggle, after all its not hard to find low mr players at sorties for example.

Edited by (PS4)Pizza_Parker

4 hours ago, DNSchnitzel said:

bad rep from the people who troll with him or are played by people who don't understand his kit.

So 9/10 of the people who play limbo.

As much as my IMMEDIATE prejudice against limbo players has subsided, it pains me to admit I still end up frustrated those 9/10 times.

The only limbo I like/appreciate are negative range, max duration limbos. Keep that walking defense guy alive please 🙂 make a tiny panic bubble for me to run into if I need it 🙂