Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Plains) Why do people keep destroying any free Dargyns?

Duality52

10 hours ago, krc473 said:

Not me. I hate the Dargyn’s. I would rather walk than take one.

I still don’t destroy them though, unless the pilots are too close. There is no reason to break them (no, I don’t count griefing as a reason).

Check their drops. They drop archwing mods, even a rare one so yes there's a real reason to destroy them.

Can't believe I'm the only one on topic who figured this out.

Edited by BoarWarrior

10 hours ago, Duality52 said:

Each time there's free empty Dargyn (killed Pilot or spawned freely), people seems to have the incentive to destroy any Dargyn they come across.

Why? They save you the hassle of travelling across the Plains to another Bounty stage. Sure there are faster options (Itzal, Nova, arguably Zephyr), but anyone would appreciate using the Dargyn than spamming bullet jumps or abilities.

For the same reason you run people over in GTA:

Because you can

I've tried using them a few times...mainly to take out enemy Dargyns already in the air, to take some heat off the team. However while they're not too hard to fly in a straight line, they are abysmal at "air to air" combat.

Frankly its easier to shoot them down from the ground than try to dogfight with them. Even Archwings are easier to control.

If I see a team mate heading towards one, I will leave it alone. Otherwise I destroy any I come across.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

3 hours ago, Orblit said:

Nova, and Naramon Mind Sprint passive have something to say.

Mind Sprint is nice but it doesnt get you anywhere near Zephyr speeds. Nova can come close but by doing so you give up everything useful on her since you need to stack range. Zephyr simply mods for her kit and you get massive speed and distance on her.