Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Plains) Why do people keep destroying any free Dargyns?

Duality52

Each time there's free empty Dargyn (killed Pilot or spawned freely), people seems to have the incentive to destroy any Dargyn they come across.

Why? They save you the hassle of travelling across the Plains to another Bounty stage. Sure there are faster options (Itzal, Nova, arguably Zephyr), but anyone would appreciate using the Dargyn than spamming bullet jumps or abilities.

Edited by Duality52

Just now, Duality52 said:

but anyone would appreciate using the Dargyn than calling their Archwings again.

Not me. I hate the Dargyn’s. I would rather walk than take one.

I still don’t destroy them though, unless the pilots are too close. There is no reason to break them (no, I don’t count griefing as a reason).

Just now, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Their flight system is a bit clunky so they don't feel very reliable as a steal and go alternative for travel plus their dps is very weak.

They were never meant for prolonged combat. Just like Archwings, they're meant for easy transportation. Fortunately, they won't get shot down instantly like Archwings.

6 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

Each time there's free empty Dargyn (killed Pilot or spawned freely), people seems to have the incentive to destroy any Dargyn they come across.

Why? They save you the hassle of travelling across the Plains to another Bounty stage. Sure there are faster options (Itzal, Nova, arguably Zephyr), but anyone would appreciate using the Dargyn than spamming bullet jumps or abilities.

I like to destroy them so people can't use them

even though Dargyns have scaling health now, their turrets are far too weak to make them of any use in high level bounties, and DE mentioned they are going to remove Archwing Charges and make Plains Archwing unlimited, so Dargyns will have no value outside of novelty.

plus you might not always see the pilot, but it's pretty hard to miss a parked Dargyn, and you don't want any unnecessary flying enemies harassing you whilst mining or whatever. plenty of reasons to destroy them.

I destroy them because i dont want a funny party member mount that thing and start doing nothing more than annoying sound and 0 damage. One dude mounted on that dont contribute on nothing. If you want faster travel use archwing or void dash.