The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seperating RIven and Other Trades

DooomBringer666

I think I've seen this same topic before, but I fell this needs to be reiterated until it happens. Riven and Normal Chat must be separated. It creates a huge problem for people who don't want rivens ti either sell, or buy anything. The trade chat is filled with everyone selling their godly riven for x thousand plat. The most unfortunate thing is I thought that any riven that had ok stats must be sold as godly when I was new. The non-riven trade economy is very different from the riven one, and I feel that the game trading will be that much better off without rivens and normal stuff selling together.
This is open for discussion obviously. I will appreciate all answers, provided we all can remain respectful. If you're one of those people selling Godly RIvens, I mean no offence, but its annoying. I also understand that this is a result of the free warframe market, and one might even call it a market failure.

19 minutes ago, DooomBringer666 said:

I think I've seen this same topic before, but I fell this needs to be reiterated until it happens. Riven and Normal Chat must be separated. It creates a huge problem for people who don't want rivens ti either sell, or buy anything. The trade chat is filled with everyone selling their godly riven for x thousand plat. The most unfortunate thing is I thought that any riven that had ok stats must be sold as godly when I was new. The non-riven trade economy is very different from the riven one, and I feel that the game trading will be that much better off without rivens and normal stuff selling together.
This is open for discussion obviously. I will appreciate all answers, provided we all can remain respectful. If you're one of those people selling Godly RIvens, I mean no offence, but its annoying. I also understand that this is a result of the free warframe market, and one might even call it a market failure.

Can't you just use chat filter? Or maybe you don't know about it?

14 minutes ago, MiMiren said:

Can't you just use chat filter? Or maybe you don't know about it?

Chat filter is only good for veterans sitting on tons of plat or for someone looking to buy or sell a very specific item. For the average player who relies on TC to earn plat it's a very inefficient tool because you could miss a lot of good opportunities.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Chat filter is only good for veterans sitting on tons of plat or for someone looking to buy or sell a very specific item. For the average player who relies on TC to earn plat it's a very inefficient tool because you could miss a lot of good opportunities.

What do you mean? People that look to buy or sell riven are rarely looking to buy or sell other stuff at a good price. Anyone can just exclude "riven" from the chat without missing good opportunities.

1 minute ago, MiMiren said:

What do you mean? People that look to buy or sell riven are rarely looking to buy or sell other stuff at a good price. Anyone can just exclude "riven" from the chat without missing good opportunities.

Except "riven" (and/or variations) filtering doesn't seem to work (at least for me). I had to filter WTS to get rid of most of the riven offers. Plus, people also make offers such as WTS *Weapon Name* *Price* without ever using the word "riven".

I agree with separating the chat even if only in name. They could disallow linking rivens on the normal chat and disallow linking non-rivens on the riven chat. This would make it easier to sell on either market. Imagine being able to simultaneously market on both chats. Seems like a win win except for whole-salers who want to put everything they have on one line. 

30 minutes ago, Kalvorax said:

currently...the easiest solution DE can do is simply add Riven to the link...[Riven: {weapon and riven name}] then it would be a bit easier i think...especially when looking for weapon rivens and not parts...

If the filter would remove rivens and their links, it would help a lot. Chat still clears up a lot of you use the filters as they are currently though

Edited by Hypernaut1

to be fair, Trade chat has always been a toxic hellhole with the occasional hidden bargain, and a last resort for me when RNGsus curses my soul with junk parts and Forma. but I have to say, it really did get a LOT worse when Rivens came along, and now about 95% of posts there are Riven related (95% is a guess, but it genuinely wouldn't surprise me if I was pretty close with that figure, or if it was even higher than that).

a separate tab is more work than filters though, because each tab has to be moderated, which means kickbot or mods have to be watching all the time, and rules have to be laid out. with filters, we as players get more control, but I'd say we're now at a point where a Riven Trade tab is warranted.