Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tips On the Formorian Sabotage

Duality52

As of right now, a Balor Formorian is attacking Earth (funny since the Strata Relay got rebuilt last month).

Formorian Disruptors:

For starters, if you need to farm for the Formorian Disruptors, Omega Isotopes will be dropped by any enemies that are on the same planet that the Formorian is at. I would go to: Everest or its Dark Sector equivalent on Earth to farm for Cryotic. Nano Spores, try Saturn, Eris, or the Derelict.

Formorian Sabotage:

1. Equipment:

It shouldn't matter too much on which Archwing you equip, though the fastest is the Itzal. Mod your Archguns for pure damage as best as you can, and avoid status/crit builds since the Core you will be attacking will have object health (immune to both status and crits). Archguns, go for fast DPS such as the Imperator (yes I know the Vandal is better, but it works), Phaedra, Grattler, Fluctus, etc.  Archmelee shouldn't matter.

2. Damaging the Core

It is important to have everyone as close as to the Core as possible. Don't use the Disruptor if someone isn't near the Core. Split the team into twos on each side of the Core.

When you(or a teammate) activate the Disruptor, target the Formorian Power Nodes. These are yellow cylinders that are lined at 3 sections of the core.There are 20 total (6 at the top, 8 middle, and 6 bottom). Have your team sweep the sides of the Core to destroy the more subtle Nodes. Once all Nodes are down, attack the Core directly. Destroying the Nodes gives out a damage multiplier that will help you reach over 1 million damage done to the Core (a mandatory threshold for rewards). Afterwards, fly out of the Core and extract.

Hopefully this helps for newcomers to tackle the Formorian. I also wish you good luck on getting the Imperator Vandal and good amounts of Endo.

Edited by Duality52

2 minutes ago, iamTaji said:

You cannot use the Disruptor unless all of the teammates are in range.

They must have changed it then. Last time I did it, two people were not even inside when it went off. They barely made it before the timer ran out. We still hit the target though... (new players, do not try and hit 1million with just two people)

• It used to give a warning, but let you do it if you hit the disruptor a second time.

Good guide though OP. One suggestion though - if people have access to a Nekros it will make the farm easier. Nekros can make additional Isotopes drop.

Edited by krc473

Just now, iamTaji said:

You cannot use the Disruptor unless all of the teammates are in range.

Range is big enough than on first run, when I was stuck in Zeppellin net just outside trench, other was able to activate disruptor and begin to damage core. 

other tips I'd like to add:

- it IS possible to avoid all the Zeplens, except the one next to the first Shield Generator; you can reach the Formorian itself without getting trapped by just going really far downwards and then forward towards the Formorian. the one by the shield generator will usually go off no matter what, but it greatly speeds up the run when nobody gets trapped.

- if somebody gets trapped by A Zeplen, go back and help them. not only is it courteous, you want to do whatever you can to get the whole team inside ready to hit the Core.

- have everyone take a side of the core and hit it from every side at once, aiming at the Nodes for maximum damage, with 4 players reaching 1mil damage should be easy. if you're running with randoms who can't communicate, just watch where they are next to the core and take the opposite side to them, or any other area that isn't already being targeted.

16 minutes ago, mikakor said:

excuse me, you are talking about a vandal imperator, but i don't see anywhere a sign of lotus telling us, or event in the event menu, that we'll get that in reward. could someone enlighten me?

Imperator Vandal (<-- link, blue color font makes it hard to see) is a far better version of the base model. Once you pass a certain "damage done" threshold (usually 1 million), you can get either:

• 400 Endo (Decent amount)
  • Imperator Vandal BP
  • Imperator Vandal Receiver
  • Imperator Vandal Barrel

The Imperator Vandal Receiver was infamous due to its 2% drop chance (getting a rare reward from an Intact Relic). Earlier this year, the drop rates are more generous and equalized. I should note that 10 Tellurium is no easy task to get for new players. Uranus, high-level Archwing levels (Uranus, Neptune), or the

Spoiler

Kuva Fortress

are the areas you would want to go to for Tellurium.

Edited by Duality52

4 hours ago, mikakor said:

question. what happens when you destroy the 16 nodes?

They provide a damage multiplier to the Core, which is displayed below the "Total Damage Done" to the left of your HUD.

The max multiplier is 5.0X, with each Node destroyed giving out a 0.25X multiplier. This will help you and your squad pass the 1 million damage threshold for rewards (Endo or Imperator Vandal parts).

Edited by Duality52