Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Next open world

ReaperOfTheSouls

Well ... firstly Cetus isn't Grineer ... thats just the faction that currently occupies earth ... one day they may have a corpus invasion on cetus ... similar to Operation Plague Star and the infested ... in regards to Fortuna and its lore i guess we can call it a Corpus planet ... well it's mostly corpus tech with corpus invasions similar to Cetus ... i see it more as introducing the foundation for more species into warframe so i'd change the question into ... what species will we see in the next planet?

I would think an 'infested' Plains type location would need to be on Eris' surface with an almost cthullu-esque living mixed with in-organic. Perhaps helping the Myconians and others trying to squeeze out a living on such a nightmarish place.

it appears DE are going in ascending level order, starting on Earth where we begin our game and moving to Venus, the next planet we visited and our first ever encounter with the Corpus. after that we took out Vor on Mercury, so Mercury could be next, though I'm not sure what they would do for a landscape there. i think that Mars, Ceres, Europa and Eris are the places with the most potential.

Mars would be an Arid Desert, a mix of towering sand dunes and scorching wastelands, we could meet some of the last remaining Sand Tribes and help them against the Grineer. K-driving over massive Dunes would be pretty fun.

I imagine Ceres as a toxic wasteland, barren, rocky flats with pools and lakes of Acid and bile. (if you ever played Borderlands 2 and remember the Caustic Caverns, something kinda like that, but in the open.). we could wage war against massive mutated beasts, deformed by the chemical waste the Grineer pollute the area with. 

Europa would likely be an arctic wasteland, we could finally run into some Ice Pirates (as mentioned in the Quanta Aufeis Skin's description) and raid Corpus caravas. what kind of secrets could lay buried among the Ice and the wreckage of the once mighty Obelisk that crashed so long ago?

Eris would be the perfect Infested world, consumed by the technocyte down to it's very core, a Tumor on the skin of the galaxy.. massive infested forests, full of ravenous horrors and creatures that make Lephantis look meek in comparison. perhaps we'd see the Myconians again, or even confront the incarnation of the Infested Hive Mind itself!

there's endless potential in landscapes, and DE knows it, which is why they will keep doing it, even though it stretches them to the very limit. if they can do even half of the kind of things I've described here, then all the content droughts and delays are worth it. 

18 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

it appears DE are going in ascending level order, starting on Earth where we begin our game and moving to Venus, the next planet we visited and our first ever encounter with the Corpus. after that we took out Vor on Mercury, so Mercury could be next, though I'm not sure what they would do for a landscape there. i think that Mars, Ceres, Europa and Eris are the places with the most potential.

Mars would be an Arid Desert, a mix of towering sand dunes and scorching wastelands, we could meet some of the last remaining Sand Tribes and help them against the Grineer. K-driving over massive Dunes would be pretty fun.

I imagine Ceres as a toxic wasteland, barren, rocky flats with pools and lakes of Acid and bile. (if you ever played Borderlands 2 and remember the Caustic Caverns, something kinda like that, but in the open.). we could wage war against massive mutated beasts, deformed by the chemical waste the Grineer pollute the area with. 

Europa would likely be an arctic wasteland, we could finally run into some Ice Pirates (as mentioned in the Quanta Aufeis Skin's description) and raid Corpus caravas. what kind of secrets could lay buried among the Ice and the wreckage of the once mighty Obelisk that crashed so long ago?

Eris would be the perfect Infested world, consumed by the technocyte down to it's very core, a Tumor on the skin of the galaxy.. massive infested forests, full of ravenous horrors and creatures that make Lephantis look meek in comparison. perhaps we'd see the Myconians again, or even confront the incarnation of the Infested Hive Mind itself!

there's endless potential in landscapes, and DE knows it, which is why they will keep doing it, even though it stretches them to the very limit. if they can do even half of the kind of things I've described here, then all the content droughts and delays are worth it. 

I want mars to be similar to the mad max game. I love the open world in that cause even though it's an arid empty desert there's just so much hidden lore, beautiful landscapes and ruins of what was before. 

I think you're bang on about ceres. I'd love an open area version of caustic caverns with maybe a volcano spewing toxic gasses in the center 

For Europe, I'm thinking something akin to hoth from star wars, but with way more ruins. Imagine the "day night cycle" being massive, vision inhibiting snowstorms. 

For eris, I have the perfect vision of if you took the world of the upside down in stranger things and added on top of all that, some of the creatures from the mist. It'd be a horrifying, scary landscape but really awesome and probably warframes first true horror aspect to the game

Edited by Arniox

Aside from an infested landscape which would be absolutely stellar, I'd love to see some kind of massive underground cavern city. If anyone remembers the Blackreach from Skyrim that's basically exactly what I'm thinking about. I'd put it on Mars, some huge ancient ruin that is being pillaged by the grineer.

Edited by Gullim92

I really want an Eris open world. Since we've never actually been on Eris the possibilities are practically endless. I want a big boi strain of infestation to consume all of Eris and the planet is living. Maybe have the planet control the infested like a hive mind or something like that. Also, since Eris is pretty far in the star chart, DE doesn't need to be noob friendly and it could have big ass mini bosses similar to Juggernauts pop out?

54 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Dude you just got me so excited for these. I can't wait for the Ceres Landscape now. The Caustic Caverns were so cool. And I totally forgot about the ice pirates mentioned in the Aufeis skin. Although I kinda hope they explore more on Europa than the crashed Obelisk. The focus on a single massive ship seems somewhat limited, especially with Railjack giving us greater exploration of those ships.

I'm not super jazzed about Infested Landscape but I know a lot of other people are.

34 minutes ago, Gullim92 said:

Aside from an infested landscape which would be absolutely stellar, I'd love to see some kind of massive underground cavern city. If anyone remembers the Blackreach from Skyrim that's basically exactly what I'm thinking about. I'd put it on Mars, some huge ancient ruin that is being pillaged by the grineer.

The caves underneath Plains of Eidolon are so massive that they often make me think of Blackreach, at least a little. It's such a shame they aren't used for more. I'm excited to see the caves in the Orb Vallis because it looks like they spent even more time on those, and they'll be more useful for map traversal and other things. Plus the giant fungi also reinforce the allusion. The Dwemer caverns, and Blackreach specifically, are some of my favourite parts of Skyrim, and I'd love anything that scratched the same itch for me in Warframe.

A mercurian day lasts for 58 earth days... so...

For me, it only makes sense Mercury having a giant subterranean complex filled with magma lakes and lavafalls in some areas, and other "livable domes" filled with rain forests, reptiles and giant insectoid creatures...

Spoiler

A+Journey+to+the+Center+of+the+Earth+-+S

I can only see Mars as a giant desert (thank to the tilesets and the Inaros quest), with a colony by the edge of a "futuristic" metropolis ruins (ancient by orokin standards) since it only makes sense Mars would be colonized first after Earth was getting too ravaged to live.

Gantulyst sized golden-maw would be a very nice addition *hint hint*

Spoiler

dune-frankherbert.jpg

But hey, DE made the Orokin magic on Venus to turn it into a very cold place. I'm always up for surprises

Maybe half of mercury is entirely mined for the building of a Dyson Sphere prototype, an orokin grandeur project, now never to be finished...

Maybe Mars has its poles made of water, and near that is all green with thriving temperate forests, just like in Halo...

2 minutes ago, Korusagi said:

A mercurian day lasts for 58 earth days... so...

For me, it only makes sense Mercury having a giant subterranean complex filled with magma lakes and lavafalls in some areas, and other "livable domes" filled with rain forests, reptiles and giant insectoid creatures...

Reveal hidden contents

A+Journey+to+the+Center+of+the+Earth+-+S

I can only see Mars as a giant desert (thank to the tilesets and the Inaros quest), with a colony by the edge of a "futuristic" metropolis ruins (ancient by orokin standards) since it only makes sense Mars would be colonized first after Earth was getting too ravaged to live.

Gantulyst sized golden-maw would be a very nice addition *hint hint*

Reveal hidden contents

dune-frankherbert.jpg

But hey, DE made the Orokin magic on Venus to turn it into a very cold place. I'm always up for surprises

Maybe half of mercury is entirely mined for the building of a Dyson Sphere prototype, an orokin grandeur project, now never to be finished...

Maybe Mars has its poles made of water, and near that is all green with thriving temperate forests, just like in Halo...

Very cool ideas! I recall that Mercury was also stated before to be one of the few areas with still active 'real-space' Void Towers that the Grineer constantly patrol the area around to keep us out. If you have heard of Mutant Chronicles, they had folk carving out a living on Mercury; lost of neat underground cities; communities in the super craters in some areas; and shielded buildings acting as solar collectors for conserving energy generation resources. Definitely something to consider for Mercury settlements.