Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Encouraging console rivalry .

(PSN)Poisonshank

1 minute ago, (PS4)Poisonshank said:

Look guy's Common sense you guys u know full well that cross platform is coming. You know what it doesn't even matter. Believe don't believe me. up to . this is more info     you.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AGe1BMaPg0 . th

Same talking points as the other guy.

Just another person (not a DE employee) who knows that crossplay exists for other games and that they hope it comes to Warframe because they feel it is needed.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Poisonshank said:

Look guy's Common sense you guys u know full well that cross platform is coming. You know what it doesn't even matter. Believe don't believe me. up to . this is more info     you.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AGe1BMaPg0 . th

That is not common sense by any way of thinking.  Common sense would be to believe DEs standing statements until we hear definite statements expressing differently, which we still haven't.  as for that video, that still isn't confirmation, he said the same thing my google search turned up: their thinking about it.

Edited by xXRampantXx

How many times do i have to say this guys it like bashing your head against the wall CROSS PLAY is coming to PS4 XBOX and PC. It does not matter if you agree, whether you believe me . Its happening LIKE IT OR NOT there just to much money in it and to many people screaming for it. And yes megan did mention it on twitch .. Her words were simple cross platform is a game changer and they were looking into it not (WILL BE) were. You don't want to believe me fine. but why would i come on here for no reason just to lie to the warframe community ...doesn't make sense what would i get from it. What would be my angle. Guy your not stupid so stop the trolling. This is happening and D.E i will be a doing it. They have to or they will loose customer quicker then a restaurant with a long running food poisoning history. Go spend some time ON youtube fish around watch all the vids .. there are thousands of vids that are out there and you will realise the truth in what im telling you. Or go back to living in a shell. XBOX VS Playstaion will happen. WHY because it has to.!!

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Poisonshank said:

How many times do i have to say this guys it like bashing your head against the wall CROSS PLAY is coming to PS4 XBOX and PC. It does not matter if you agree, whether you believe me . Its happening LIKE IT OR NOT there just to much money in it and to many people screaming for it. And yes megan did mention it on twitch .. Her words were simple cross platform is a game changer and they were looking into it not (WILL BE) were. You don't want to believe me fine. but why would i come on here for no reason just to lie to the warframe community ...doesn't make sense what would i get from it. What would be my angle. Guy your not stupid so stop the trolling. This is happening and D.E i will be a doing it. They have to or they will loose customer quicker then a restaurant with a long running food poisoning history. Go spend some time ON youtube fish around watch all the vids .. there are thousands of vids that are out there and you will realise the truth in what im telling you. Or go back to living in a shell. XBOX VS Playstaion will happen. WHY because it has to.!!

This is the reason I hope cross play doesn't come to warframe. You're getting annoyed at the very idea of speaking about it, I don't want this kind of player mindset to infect the PC world of Warframe.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Poisonshank said:

First off, Megan isn't part of the coding team.

She can "hope" for something, too, but usually she'll relay information from the code team and stating it is a game changer is just obvious, though doesn't mean it can work with Warframe due to how the game is set up.

So her saying it is a game changer is just that, hope.

The code team can go back to her and say "Well... we would have to change A - Z worth of stuff just to make it work".

I also don't think you are "lying", I just think you are heavily misinformed and are "hoping" for something while ignoring the facts. You can't just will something into existence, it takes work and effort.

You can hope all you want, but the technical limitations will still be there and would be preventing it from occurring.

In all honesty, I also "hope" crossplay happens with Warframe, I truly do, but you can't just "hope" something into existence, the reality of the situation can usually prevent something from happening.

----

btw, I am bowing out of this conversation.

You can reply and I'll still read it, but I am done responding, this is just getting dragged on for too long.

Edited by Sean

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Poisonshank said:

They have to or they will loose customer quicker then a restaurant with a long running food poisoning history.

Citation needed. If they made it this long without it why would they suddenly have to do it now.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Poisonshank said:

How many times do i have to say this guys it like bashing your head against the wall CROSS PLAY is coming to PS4 XBOX and PC. It does not matter if you agree, whether you believe me . Its happening LIKE IT OR NOT

And until DE officially announces it, it doesn't matter what you or any other YTer says. It's all wishful thinking.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Poisonshank said:

How many times do i have to say this guys it like bashing your head against the wall CROSS PLAY is coming to PS4 XBOX and PC. It does not matter if you agree, whether you believe me . Its happening LIKE IT OR NOT there just to much money in it and to many people screaming for it.

No one is denying that crossplay exists between consoles, only that there has been no confirmation that Warframe will have it.  And the only person "not liking anything here is you childishly not liking our completely reasonable and normal desire to see proof of something that goes against what has been true for the last several years

And yes megan did mention it on twitch .. Her words were simple cross platform is a game changer and they were looking into it not (WILL BE) were.

You keep claiming Megan said on twitch that it would happen but you also keep refusing to provide the proof you are responsible for providing in a situation like this.  I also find it interesting that you have suddenly changed your claim form "Megan confirmed crossplay" to "Megan said they were looking into it.  Just because they are looking into it doesn't meant anything will come of it.

You don't want to believe me fine. but why would i come on here for no reason just to lie to the warframe community ...doesn't make sense what would i get from it. What would be my angle.

I have just as little reason to lie as you do, so stop acting like we're out to get you.

Guy your not stupid so stop the trolling.

If anyone here is trolling it's you with your continuous condescension and refusal to provide any sources for your claims.

This is happening and D.E i will be a doing it. They have to or they will loose customer quicker then a restaurant with a long running food poisoning history.

Odd, they've been doing just fine without it.  Sure corssplay could help line their wallets, but it certainly isn't necessary for them to retain costumers.  Adding content is far more likely to help retain costumers (and gain new ones) than wasting time completely redesigning their development process to satisfy petty tantrum-throwing children.

Go spend some time ON youtube fish around watch all the vids .. there are thousands of vids that are out there and you will realise the truth in what im telling you. Or go back to living in a shell. XBOX VS Playstaion will happen. WHY because it has to.!!

I've spent plenty of time on YouTube, in fact I spend significant portions of my day on it and, as I mentioned before, everything I see talks about crossplay in general, and nothing talks about Warframe specifically gaining crossplay.

On a side note, I will address your actual topic, since I don't believe I've actually done so yet.  Encouraging any kind of console rivalry is pure idiocy.  Doing so will only incite toxicity, flaming, and trolling.  Activation doing so in their game, if they are in fact doing so, is a serious mistake on their part that they will come to regret, or at least would, if they didn't see their players as cattle to squeeze every drop of money out of rather than fans.

Edited by xXRampantXx
Grammar

24 minutes ago, (PS4)Poisonshank said:

They have to or they will loose customer quicker then a restaurant with a long running food poisoning history

People don't play games because of crossplay. People play games because they want to play games.

Edited by WhiteMarker

32 minutes ago, xXRampantXx said:

You keep claiming Megan said on twitch that it would happen but you also keep refusing to provide the proof you are responsible for providing in a situation like this.  I also find it interesting that you have suddenly changed your claim form "Megan confirmed crossplay" to "Megan said they were looking into it.  Just because they are looking into it doesn't meant anything will come of it.

Erm, I never said that, you mind not editing quotes to suit your narrative?

Edited by Joe_Barbarian

2 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

Erm, I never said that, you mind not editing quotes to suit your narrative?

I believe that he was intending to quote the other guy, but pulled it from you quoting OP so it used your name instead. That's just my guess.

Until DE says Crossplay is going to happen, crossplay is not going to happen.

"Hoping it could happen" is not confirmation that it will happen.

Moreover, crossplay between PC and consoles is simply not possible given DEs development method (release hotfixes and updates immediately on PC, whole compiling hotfixes and updates on consoles to release a large batch at once to streamline the certification process). As long as two platforms are running different versions/revisions of the game, crossplay is not possible between those platforms due to differences in game data. Consoles cannot catch up to the PC's revision level unless PC hotfixes and updates are delayed, which is something DE has promised will not happen (delaying PC hotfixes and updates also means that consoles will get a much buggier experience).