Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solaris United ARG

-S-O-Yetili

3 minutes ago, ShaneKahnnigan17 said:

Did you use the rough version or did you clean it up first?

used the rough one for fear that a sound-cleanup might grab legitimate data as false-positive noise.

passed the logspec through polar-to-rectangular, inverted the colours (for the sake of my eyes), raised the contrast and played around with the channel curves until i made out something that looks like a constellation from the specks.

unknown.png?width=510&height=468

16 минут назад, evilChair сказал:

I put the .wav through the logarithmic spectrogram in audacity and got something in barcode, which is something that i've not learned to read (yet)

unknown.png?width=586&height=468

the arched pattern of dots in the top half makes me think this was derived using the polar coordinates transform in PS. hold on, i'll pass it back through the filter.

mine managed to read code 

format:UPC_E

type:product

but it could be nothing but smoke and mirrors

2 minutes ago, ShaneKahnnigan17 said:

I managed to clean all the noise by doing small progressive clears. There is no other noise other than the ghost telephone. I tried just about any spectogram kind but nothing.

might not be a phone, could be music. i don't have perfect pitch so i can't tell what it is. if it's music, then the notes represent individual letters most likely. A4 is 440Hz, for every neighbouring semitone divide or multiply by 2^(1/12)

3 minutes ago, vladar97 said:

mine managed to read code 

format:UPC_E

type:product

but it could be nothing but smoke and mirrors

try reading the second-to-bottom row as well. 0206 9418 seems like a decimal or hexadecimal number, though the corpus canonically only use 1s and 0s

3 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

How so? I am not smart enough to figure this out 😧

Also, as a side note it's curious the file is exactly 7.77 seconds long

the "specks" on the spectrogram appear on the same frequencies as the phone dial tones. it really is a sequence of phone numbers, but the guy on twitter who pulled the spectrogram images squished them too tight for me to clearly read them. i think that the first 3 digits are 2,5,7, but my eyes aren't that sharp.

i did it as a tone dial frequency puzzle and got a number sequence going either 4887742 or 4888842. the log(2) for each digit in the second case is 2333321. i might not be right at all, though, since the images are so blurry.

EDIT: converting the sequences into binary (the corpus counting system) gets me either 0100 1000 1000 0101 0101 0100 0010, or 0100 1000 1000 1000 1000 0100 0010

Edited by evilChair