Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Prime and Modding

(XBOX)OrthodoxTexas40

Question

So I’m super pumped that I got all of the Saryn Prime pieces by grabbing from other people’s relics, but I’ve hit an issue. I have no idea how to mod her properly or how to use her. I started Warframe somewhat recently and don’t have many great mods. Any advice or ideas would be much appreciated. 

(Contact in-game on XB1 at OrthodoxTexas40)

Edited by (XB1)OrthodoxTexas40

18 answers to this question

Basically you want medium high strength and high range if you want to use her 1. For how everything works i suggest watching Brozime's video on her:

Spoiler

I disagree a little with his build, because imo his build needs a bit more range but it is still very solid. None of these mods are particularly hard to get but if you want to you can replace primed continuity and umbral intensify just with the regular versions. If you dont have Hunter Adrenaline either replace it with Rage or wait for the next ghoul purge.

Another option instead of continuity and transient fortitude is to run blind rage and streamline.

Too bad you didn't use her before the update it makes her miasma have half DMG now and it is very sad to use when it does not mix with spores

But I still love it, I used a very high range build with a primed continuity and trying to mix strength mods into it and so far I am struggling with thinking to either have efficiency or duration(fleeting expertise) and also I build her for io in Jupiter cause I spam her 4 and kills very well and note that I have a max energy dash and I am a 4 spammer so I am not sure either duration or efficiency and can someone help me Plz ?

Edited by kamyung

11 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

Basically you want medium high strength and high range if you want to use her 1. For how everything works i suggest watching Brozime's video on her:

Reveal hidden contents

I disagree a little with his build, because imo his build needs a bit more range but it is still very solid. None of these mods are particularly hard to get but if you want to you can replace primed continuity and umbral intensify just with the regular versions. If you dont have Hunter Adrenaline either replace it with Rage or wait for the next ghoul purge.

Another option instead of continuity and transient fortitude is to run blind rage and streamline.

OMG!!!! I can totally see her as my main frame! Thank you so much! Is there a weapon that would make it easy to pop the spores? How do I get corrupted mods like transient fortitude? Would a pet work for spreading/popping spores? Do spores popped by teammates have the same effect as ones you pop?

10 hours ago, kamyung said:

Too bad you didn't use her before the update it makes her miasma have half DMG now and it is very sad to use when it does not mix with spores

But I still love it, I used a very high range build with a primed continuity and trying to mix strength mods into it and so far I am struggling with thinking to either have efficiency or duration(fleeting expertise) and also I build her for io in Jupiter cause I spam her 4 and kills very well and note that I have a max energy dash and I am a 4 spammer so I am not sure either duration or efficiency and can someone help me Plz ?

So do you recommend using 1 then just using 4 repeatedly?

1 hour ago, (XB1)OrthodoxTexas40 said:

I just use 1, keep the spores going, and only use 4 when I want to stun everything. Use 4 a couple times before focus ends if you're farming ESO 

Her miasmas got halved. I can see that 4 spammers are upset. But other than that, i think the changes aren't that bad. I even say it may turn out to be better for players that use her spores often. 

For the star chart, imo, miasma is kinda redundant. I mean, unless u are lazy nuke kind of players, the changes won't affect u much.

For high level content, say lvl 70-80 plus, miasma alone is not going to kill anything anyway ( i mean 1 shotting). If the chages give me x2 miasma damage (x4 to newly halved damage) with spore, i am taking it. 

Imo, saryn is a crazy elemental proc killing machine. Her 1 give corrosive which strips away armor. Her 2 molt for survivability if u have regenerative molt. Her 3 is insanely good too. It gives toxin damage which boost ur weapon damage. Her 4 gives viral which synergises very well with toxic lash (viral halves enemies health and helps toxin tick away their heath faster) . Cherry on top, her 3 help popping spore too. I also use her 4 as a bit of cc just in case i want enemies to stop doing whatever they doing.

I did my test on lv 100+ Nox ( for me these are the toughest dudes, not the heavy gunner). I popped 1, 3, 4 and shoot. 🤣 I never seen a nox could be killed so fast (1 or 2 shots or maybe max 3,4 shots) with regular build weapon (tiberon prime corrosive build in my case, no riven) except for Inaros covert lethality dagger. My spores only tick to about 200 ish and all 8 Noxes are down 😂.

I am on ps4 so i still have to wait for the update to  truly test it out. But imagine miasma x2 damage while spored, that sounds juicy to me. 

I may be wrong, please feel free to correct me. Thanks for reading

Edited by (PS4)longlongnguyen

4 hours ago, (XB1)OrthodoxTexas40 said:

Yes a bit...

If you want to use 4 then pop 1 first cause when a enemy is affected by spores he will receive 4x the miasma damage so yah make sure pretty much every enemy is spored

Spoiler

7E70956049B4C48082A6801AD3FF9D4C89BFE1A0

This is a no forma build, and what I used for a stupid long time (a long enough time to maker her my second most used frame, while dear old Rhino is still number one after 2000 hours....yea, i probably have an unhealthy addiction to warframe...). However, i have actually bothered to forma her sometime back to fit in a Primed Continuity. For me, since Saryn has such a large base energy pool, she doesn't necessarily need a flow mod, which kinda leaves that slot open for augments, such as her Regenerative Molt, which I highly recommend.

This setup will get through anything. And you can always drop power drift for cunning drift to get 250% range if thats what you prefer. Personally, I dont find it makes much of a difference since she just murderizes whole rooms anyway.

Stick to her 1, and make sure that gets spread around a lot. You dont need to spam her 4, but its good to use it if the spore count shows only a few enemies, since it will kill the spored ones, and all the non-spored ones get to have that fungus love.

Dont be afraid to use her 3 either, especially on tankier targets or high level guys who havent been sat around long enough for the spores to strip down their armor. Condition Overload on melee with her is a must have, since she can proc three different elements and give you those juicy free extra damage points from it.

If you have a zaw, the exodia contagion, which launches a viral cloud is also a fun and effective way to spread spores on more open maps (like Plains, and soon to be Fortuna) if your weapons/abilities arent within effective range of spreading spores.

First off I want to thank Drachnyn, Kamyung, Kebast, Longlongnguyen, and Azara for taking the time to help me understand how to build and use Saryn. You guys are the best!!!! At this point I believe that (with my current mod inventory) I can build a prototype and hopefully get your feedback. 

Aura: Energy Siphon (replace with rejuvenation if I get it)

Exilus: Cunning Drift or Power Drift

Mods:

- Vigor (r5)

- Overextended (r5)

- Transient Fortitude (r7) [still in process of upgrading]

- Vitality (r10)

- Intensify (r5)

- Streamline (r5)

- Flow (r5) [maybe replace with stretch?]

- Regenerative Molt (maxed)

{forma(s) and a potato will be installed if necessary}

This is just a quick collaboration of what stood out to me that lined up with my collection of mods! ANY AND EVERY response for how this should change/improve/be scrapped because it’s  absolute garbage would be so very helpful!

edit- I have condition overload so that might affect how to build her and my hek has a 100% status for gas and heat.

Forgot to mention lol

Le 29/10/2018 à 02:54, (XB1)OrthodoxTexas40 a dit :

Is there a weapon that would make it easy to pop the spores?

I use a zaw polearm with great range but every good polearm like Orthos prime or Lesion do the job.

Very often the firsts spores appear in the lower body so just slide and TAADAAM !

A shotgun with bad (more is better 🙂 ) dispersion or a weapon like a Ignis is great if you're lazy to aim.

I use Phantasma. Use the spore, shoot the explosive charged plasma and it's done.(with Carrier Sentinel the ammo efficiency is no problemo).

Dont forget that the Toxic Lash (the 3 of Saryn) add toxic to all your attacks and automatically pops all the spores on the ennemies hit by the weapons.

So with the 3 activated you dont need to worry about the weapon you use and you spread spores easely.

Like some UP's say max the range you can get  better is.

The spores spread even through walls and a lesser strenght is no such big deal because damage increase over time.

Too much strengh can even be a bad thing because if the ennemies die too fast you dont have time to spread spores and the counter drop down fast.

Edited by SgtHotPepper

3 hours ago, (XB1)OrthodoxTexas40 said:

Vigor (r5)

Vitality (r10)

Your not using rage so I wouldn't recommend you too use them and also the 4 stun time is enough for me to survive so I would build a bit of more strength and add prime continuity

Intensify (r5)

Use umbral intensify if you want a 14% more strength

Regenerative Molt (maxed)

TBH I know a lot of people like Saryn very beefy and now I know why you use vitality but I never use vitality or regenerative molt but i do have rejuvenation for aura and energy dash and I would put more strength mods or efficiency or duration if you use a fleeting expertise but for me I did stretch cause 45% range looked a lot to me. and I survive very well with a 130% efficiency cause I always keep my energy dash buff on me and I only die by my Lenz shot or a strange stun from something which makes me frozen for a few sec and I cast miasma slowly

Edited by kamyung

9 hours ago, kamyung said:

Your not using rage so I wouldn't recommend you too use them and also the 4 stun time is enough for me to survive so I would build a bit of more strength and add prime continuity

Use umbral intensify if you want a 14% more strength

TBH I know a lot of people like Saryn very beefy and now I know why you use vitality but I never use vitality or regenerative molt but i do have rejuvenation for aura and energy dash and I would put more strength mods or efficiency or duration if you use a fleeting expertise but for me I did stretch cause 45% range looked a lot to me. and I survive very well with a 130% efficiency cause I always keep my energy dash buff on me and I only die by my Lenz shot or a strange stun from something which makes me frozen for a few sec and I cast miasma slowly

Wouldn’t she have almost no life without vigor or vitality? When I get rejuvenation I would probably remove vigor. 

As a note, weapon selection doesn't matter too much if you have 3 up. All spores on target pop on kill or on hit by 3. I personally find the Tenora to be fairly good because of this, as it is high accuracy at 100m, but also high rof, allowing you to turn a single spore carrier into a constant aura of infection.

Some fan-favorites include the melee whips (due to range), the ignis[W], and the atmos/amprex.

As for build, after you clear the Sacrifice, she's a really good candidate for an Umbral-based build. Just uh, make sure to leave UVit and UFib at r8 instead of taking them all the way to 10. Your ability to use them on non-Excalibruh will thank you.

Edited by Eirshy

Wouldn’t she have almost no life without vigor or vitality? When I get rejuvenation I would probably remove vigor. 

Well for me it is like I said her 4 stun is very strong and I normally use it every 4-5 sec and that's why I do efficiency and energy dash 

So for me even the little shield she has is enough and I put rejuvenation is pretty much to counter toxic damage and help my team a bit so I don't really use health mods on Saryn and in exchange I get a few more slots for strength, range,efficiency

Soloing ESO with Saryn I use Vazarin dash and Hunter Adrenaline and that covers all my energy needs. Maxed out Vitality and Arcane Guardian cover all survival needs. For stuff like boosting people in SO and Hydron I may opt out for Zenurik. Can't remember the modding choises but I have over 200% range 180% strength 100% efficiency and probably highly negative duration since I never found myself needing it. I guess you might want duration for survival runs but I bring Nekros to those anyway or maybe Oberon if it's arbitrations and my clanmate is Nekros so yeah.