The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adaptation Nezha

-GothKazu-

Question

So after testing Adaptation on Nekros, I've decided to try our new Flame King.

But my Umbral Nezha has only on mod slot open for experimentation and I have to remove other mods just to fit Adaptation without forma so

Has anyone else tried it already? Does it affect Warding Halo? I know it affects the 10% of damage you take (because that's what it effects normally) but basically is it worth the forma?

I understand fully that nezha would basically have a 90% DR ON TOP of another 90% DR, no need to tell me.

Cant speak about a "Umbra Nezha" since i dont use it but i can say that it can take a S#&$ ton of DMG. Its at least as Durable as a Rhino maybe bit more.

Best things for me are that you dont straight out die when your "Iron Skin" gets depleted by a huge hit, you get get immunity and are able to recast ist immediately. The Adaption further lowers the Damage you get and makes it even better. I personally would not want to get rid of the Armor because its gives you even more Dmg-Reduction.

Great thing is that you can even Top that with Quick Thinking...i know ppl will say :"BUT BUT BUT the STAGGER!?!?" and i Say: "huh? Immunity to it O.o?". As long as your Warding Halo is up you are immune to every Status even to the stagger Quick Thinking is appling and if you Drop out of it you get an Immunity to dmg BUT also to all Status aka you cant be staggered. Onlyy thing you need to do is to recast Warding Halo on the Spot.

maybe that help maybe not. But i like my Nezha that way. Sorties, Arbitrations, Survival up to level 300, everything works.

7 hours ago, GothKazu-EN- said:

When frames stop benefitting from them? I don't understand the question, also thank you, I'll use it instead of steel fiber

it doesnt make a difference if you use them or not....its just a Hype thing tbh

10 hours ago, GothKazu-EN- said:

So after testing Adaptation on Nekros, I've decided to try our new Flame King.

But my Umbral Nezha has only on mod slot open for experimentation and I have to remove other mods just to fit Adaptation without forma so

Has anyone else tried it already? Does it affect Warding Halo? I know it affects the 10% of damage you take (because that's what it effects normally) but basically is it worth the forma?

I understand fully that nezha would basically have a 90% DR ON TOP of another 90% DR, no need to tell me.

IMO Adaptation is beneficial on frames that relies on getting hit to be more useful and get hit a lot, like Nidus, Inaros, Atlas etc. Frames like Rhino, Nezha have a way to be immune to all form of damage. So, you are not banking on getting hit, since you have a very easy way circumvent that. But the aforesaid frames have no ability make them invulnerable and that's where Adaptation comes into play by boosting their chances of survival in high level missions.

29 minutes ago, 541K4T said:

IMO Adaptation is beneficial on frames that relies on getting hit to be more useful and get hit a lot, like Nidus, Inaros, Atlas etc. Frames like Rhino, Nezha have a way to be immune to all form of damage. So, you are not banking on getting hit, since you have a very easy way circumvent that. But the aforesaid frames have no ability make them invulnerable and that's where Adaptation comes into play by boosting their chances of survival in high level missions.

Nezha isn't immune after his latest rework.

For original question:

It works , but i do not see major advantage in star chart ,

I use only on my "endurance" build and i replace the Armor mod with it as it is an obvious choice. armor only affects health damage , adaptation affects all damage , very few times do my shields get depleted so the loss of armor is not noticeable.

2 hours ago, 541K4T said:

check out the Nezha rework. that changed him completly from Trash to God

I don't know about Umbral Nezha but for my Chroma Prime build I actually ditched Umbral Fiber for a maxed Adaptation.

Obviously you're a lot less tanky than if you had both mods equipped but having the three Umbral mods and Adaptation already takes up like half your mod space so compromises have to be made.

So a maxed Adaptation plus Nezha's Warding Halo should get you pretty far in terms of damage mitigation.

2 hours ago, hooperinius said:

Armor is always there, also armor is part of his shield calculation I think.

nope. Armor doesnt affect shields (which sucks because it makes shield even more useless) but Adaptation affects shields

Edit: which makes Harrow a decent adaptation candidate

Edited by GothKazu-EN-

4 hours ago, R.O.G.U.E. said:

99% damage reduction. It works, just a little overkill for the content we have now.

depends i think. for mot, i got one shotted pretty fast, and havent been brave enough to try arbitrations yet. at some point even 1% damage is too much (i know mot has a damage boost, i just dont know how much or when that level of damage happens normally)

9 hours ago, Kyoresh said:

it doesnt make a difference if you use them or not....its just a Hype thing tbh

sorry but thats definitely not right. if a frame uses intensify, vit, and fiber any way, they go from 30%, 440% and 110% to 66%, 770%, and 192.5%
umbral intensify at that point is basically worth an intensify/power drift combo
umbral vit is almost 2 max rank vitality mods
and the difference with umbral fiber takes a frame with 175 armor to 511, where normally it sits somewhere around 300.

you might not like the mods, and you may not personally see the benefit for the content you frequent but outright denying their boosts is being disingenuous 

4 hours ago, Tricky5hift said:

I actually ditched Umbral Fiber for a maxed Adaptation.

how have you been since the switch? overall improvement or side grade?
also, max rank only extends the duration, u still get 90% if you get hit enough (although admittedly itd take more shots than max rank's 10)

2 minutes ago, GothKazu-EN- said:

how have you been since the switch? overall improvement or side grade?
also, max rank only extends the duration, u still get 90% if you get hit enough (although admittedly itd take more shots than max rank's 10)

I think overall its the better choice since slash or toxic damage would still do a considerable amount of damage even with Umbral Fiber on.

Not to mention the 90% also applies to your shields.

Obviously you're not invincible with the mod on but I feel like you're more resilient to a much broader range of damage types.

This website might be interresting for this thread:

The spreadsheet doesnt have adaption as option, but the rest is present. Nezha is quiet tanky (has enough ehp) and would benefit from adaption IMO.

Nonetheless, I would never replace steel or umbral viber for it. 

Adaption needs ramp-up time and thats the most important thing you will not have - time.  So best used on frames which you already rarely get one-shotted.

I tested adaption and replaced it with quick thinking as pseudo hp-puffer. Its nice if its 90% and you take only minor damage, but didnt helped at all as I got oneshotted by a sudden grenate with blast damage. With qthinking I would have survived, so I changed.

Edited by Fiewel

9 minutes ago, Fiewel said:

Adaption needs ramp-up time and thats the most important thing you will not have - time.  So best used on frames which you already rarely get one-shotted.

I think Nezha fits that criteria, with warding halo and his mobility, youll have enough ramp up, not to mention  guaranteed health orbs from his 2 if they clip ur health

54 minutes ago, GothKazu-EN- said:

sorry but thats definitely not right. if a frame uses intensify, vit, and fiber any way, they go from 30%, 440% and 110% to 66%, 770%, and 192.5%
umbral intensify at that point is basically worth an intensify/power drift combo
umbral vit is almost 2 max rank vitality mods
and the difference with umbral fiber takes a frame with 175 armor to 511, where normally it sits somewhere around 300.

you might not like the mods, and you may not personally see the benefit for the content you frequent but outright denying their boosts is being disingenuous 

how many Frames need all mods? 

And you always have to Sacrifice Aura and Exilus...

And the Content I run? Endurance Survival Runs 

hace 45 minutos, Kyoresh dijo:

how many Frames need all mods? 

And you always have to Sacrifice Aura and Exilus...

And the Content I run? Endurance Survival Runs 

If you are gonna use your argument go with a MK1 weapon and warframe with no mods ... if any content need that . Your argument is beyond dump pal , you use thing to get the better results , you can do anything you want but denied the utility of that mods its just make you seems like a real noob .

12 minutes ago, Yagamilight123 said:

If you are gonna use your argument go with a MK1 weapon and warframe with no mods ... if any content need that . Your argument is beyond dump pal , you use thing to get the better results , you can do anything you want but denied the utility of that mods its just make you seems like a real noob .

lol? try doing 2hour Mot with anything that isnt Octavia/CL without mods....OFC the Rest of the game is on a Level where it doesnt matter what mods(if any at all) you use, thats why I mentioned Endurance 

3 hours ago, GothKazu-EN- said:

nope. Armor doesnt affect shields (which sucks because it makes shield even more useless) but Adaptation affects shields

Edit: which makes Harrow a decent adaptation candidate

I'm talking about his ability shield which offers a 90% damage reduction. He doesn't need redirection etc.

Adaptation is probably better for characters that have lots of shields but low armor. I do have an adaptation Nezha build but I have to give up an umbra mod to do it. If you can add adaptation and keep all three umbra mods then it would be worth using.

hace 2 horas, Kyoresh dijo:

lol? try doing 2hour Mot with anything that isnt Octavia/CL without mods....OFC the Rest of the game is on a Level where it doesnt matter what mods(if any at all) you use, thats why I mentioned Endurance 

So your example its a mode in wich you cheese being invisible all the time ( and based on that argument a lot of things are useless ) ? . Aside from that , you dont need to do "2 hours mot" for nothing ... so its irrelevant (and if you use another frame to do that "2 hours mot" , other things are going to be usefull) . You just highlight aspect that you want or do in the game , not a reallity of the player base , if the mods are not usefull to your playstyle its ok ... but the value/worth of the mods its not based on your playstyle (yes ... if you are invisible 100% of the time , you are not going to need health or armor ....) .

"try doing 2hour Mot with anything that isnt Octavia"

If you cant do it without octavia (or any invisible cheese frame) you are pretty bad player .

An issue with Adaption right now that I don't hear many people talk about is that its effected by a Warframe's Shield and Flesh health types as if it were armor. 

When facing enemies that use Slash or Toxin it is much less effective at protecting Health, and almost completely useless against Impact for Shields.

So Adaption has the same issues as armor against damage types (except it uses Flesh instead of Ferrite).

I would personally not leave Steel/Umbral Fiber for it, since the majority of enemies hit with some spread of Impact, Puncture, and Slash instead of just one.  Its great against elemental mobs though since those are a single pure damage type.  Really depends on the situation whether it deserves a mod slot in my opinion.

In my tests at 90% Adaption:

Shields only had ~45% reduction against (90%+ pure) Impact damage type.

Shields had over 90% reduction against Puncture type.

Health had 72% reduction against Slash damage type.

Health had 60% reduction against Toxin damage type.

Health had over 90% reduction against Impact damage type.