Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

IMPROVE FORTUNA UPDATE! Destiny 2 is free. Need to deploy Server.

Jenggo_Kalem

6 hours ago, DrBorris said:

Even Destiny doesn't have entirely dedicated servers. Last I checked they had some weird combination of peer to peer and dedicated servers.

Here is a quote about it...

Something like this is probably extremely complicated to implement, and even though DE has the benefit of Evolution Engine being in-house it would still be a full rework of the core netcode of the game.

So yeah, probably not worth it.

Now this is positive. DE can and should improve the Evolution Engine P2P connection core (without deploying new server maybe) . So every time a peer (host) connection lost, dont make the others squad Connection Lost and force return to orbiter with the rewards and collected bonus affinity gone 😴.(sorry, i just lost 100k affinity in ESO)

And for the ppl that still think this is "Destiny vs Warframe" thread, please read it carefully. I mean to improve warframe quality, not put destiny in WF, that is stupid. Its fun to have Weekly or daily Task "Kill 20 lv. 100 bombards with 3xNitain extract as reward" or "Sell 300 Tear Azurite to Suumbaat for 1 Orokin Catalyst". Maybe there is a High Value Target like Corpus tech with lv. 2000, and need friend or solo to capture it.

Please community, be positive :cool:

8 minutes ago, TigerStormYT said:

Also Janngo, try to use proper grammar before writing a whole entire arrival on the Warframe forums.

Sorry for bad grammar. English not my 1st language. 😅

More worst if I paste translation from Google. LOL

Edited by Jenggo_Kalem

10 hours ago, Jenggo_Kalem said:
1. They have server!! no host migration issue. I like it compare to warframe Peer 2 Peer system. I really hate host migration. 
2, They have daily achievement task. Warframe can implement this (eg: Kill 100 lv.100 or higher Bombard). Not just damn alert.
3. The open world alert (public event) is cool. Enter the zone to participate. Leave the zone for quit. You can join more than 4 people to kill the alert boss (well, DE need to have their own server)
4. Cool bounty system. On the go bounty is very cool. You can take bounty in open world. Oh yeah and they had High Value Target.
5. Put every progress in a progress window. In warframe, You need to wait to see Riven challenge progress. Not consistent status progress.
6. Good safe point placement. I hate going to POE from cetus and return back to cetus mechanic. Need to have a seamless integration with map.
7. Has a High level zone. Warframe can have a multi high level zone (eg: lv 10-20 zone, lv. 100-120 zone). Maybe inside a cave. And if you survive inside the zone, you get a reward. 

And they also have raid, as we used to have 

I recently bought Destiny 2 with all DLCs (for £40) and have completed the story and DLCs on the Hunter, the Story and first 2 DLCs with Warlock and got the Hunter to a 530 gear score. Got bored and ended up getting the mastery xp for the 2 new weapons plus the chimera sword, then forma's the sword 5 times and the staticor 4 times. I spent over 2 hours in Hydron and found it more interesting than playing through Destiny 2. Gunplay feels more satisfying , movement is less restrictive and jump mechanics are way less annoying in warframe. Plus I doubt I will ever find the armour pieces with perks i want that i actually like the look of in D2.

Warframe is and always will be my go to causal game. Destiny 2 fits in my life the same way The Division does... it will only be loaded up when mates are online and playing.

They have server!!

servers aren't perfect though. I've had a good few error codes, to the point where it's a running joke with me and my friends. upon disconnect we ask "which animal broke out of the Zoo this time?" (they designate error codes with animal names), and they appear pretty often sometimes.

6 hours ago, Zanchak said:

They have daily achievement task.

..which after a while becomes pretty boring. and it's not hard to kill a level 100 bombard, I think of at least a dozen guns that can melt one down in seconds.

The open world alert (public event) is cool.

I'll admit Escalation Protocol and Blind Well can be fun, but open worlds work different in Destiny. in warframe, landscapes are just more open maps for regular squads, whereas Destiny has many players in the world at once.

Cool bounty system. On the go bounty is very cool. You can take bounty in open world. Oh yeah and they had High Value Target.

DE are planning to add this with Fortuna: we'll be able to take over Corpus outposts which will function as mini-hubs in the open world, allowing us to take bounties without needing to go back into Fortuna itself. 

Put every progress in a progress window. In warframe, You need to wait to see Riven challenge progress

it literally takes 2 seconds to show you upon entering or resuming the game.

6 hours ago, Zanchak said:

Good safe point placement. I hate going to POE from cetus and return back to cetus mechanic. Need to have a seamless integration with map.

you can't just magic something like that up though. Cetus and the Plains were the first of it's kind, so there's room for tweaks, but from PoE they've learned more about how to make open worlds better, and eventually we might get an open world with a near instant transition between the hub and the map, but stuff like that takes time.

Has a High level zone. 

not much point in adding this if the rewards aren't worth it. this just sounds like Sorties but without negative modifiers. or as we call them now, "Arbitrations".

for the record, I have played a fair amount of Destiny 2 and it's expansions. you aren't even getting the full game as they're only giving the core game away for free and the expansions are what hold most of the better content, as well as the higher level caps. Warframe is it's own thing and it doesn't need to copy Destiny in any way. differences between the two are night and day because one is made by a (once) respected developer backed by Activision, a  massive publisher, with far more money than sense, and the other is made by a few Canadians with a little backing from the Chinese. you can't really compare Apples and Oranges on the same level.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

..which after a while becomes pretty boring. and it's not hard to kill a level 100 bombard, I think of at least a dozen guns that can melt one down in seconds.

yeah true, But this just an idea. 

19 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

DE are planning to add this with Fortuna: we'll be able to take over Corpus outposts which will function as mini-hubs in the open world, allowing us to take bounties without needing to go back into Fortuna itself.

Let just hope so.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

you can't just magic something like that up though. Cetus and the Plains were the first of it's kind, so there's room for tweaks, but from PoE they've learned more about how to make open worlds better, and eventually we might get an open world with a near instant transition between the hub and the map, but stuff like that takes time

You right, thats what I mean. DE can improve warframe quality not just add more quantity. I just hoping DE fix the issue on Fortuna update .

22 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

not much point in adding this if the rewards aren't worth it. this just sounds like Sorties but without negative modifiers. or as we call them now, "Arbitrations".

Yeah its true. but its on the Open World mission and rewarded with some "unique things". If DE can improve squad quality and make open world can be filled with more than 4 player (50 maybe 😁), this could be fun. You can see other squad do lv.150 zone battle and you can choose to participate or not.

Im realy sorry for my bad grammar.

39 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

servers aren't perfect though. I've had a good few error codes, to the point where it's a running joke with me and my friends. upon disconnect we ask "which animal broke out of the Zoo this time?" (they designate error codes with animal names), and they appear pretty often sometimes.

I'll admit Escalation Protocol and Blind Well can be fun, but open worlds work different in Destiny. in warframe, landscapes are just more open maps for regular squads, whereas Destiny has many players in the world at once.

it literally takes 2 seconds to show you upon entering or resuming the game.

you can't just magic something like that up though. Cetus and the Plains were the first of it's kind, so there's room for tweaks, but from PoE they've learned more about how to make open worlds better, and eventually we might get an open world with a near instant transition between the hub and the map, but stuff like that takes time.

for the record, I have played a fair amount of Destiny 2 and it's expansions. you aren't even getting the full game as they're only giving the core game away for free and the expansions are what hold most of the better content, as well as the higher level caps. Warframe is it's own thing and it doesn't need to copy Destiny in any way. differences between the two are night and day because one is made by a (once) respected developer backed by Activision, a  massive publisher, with far more money than sense, and the other is made by a few Canadians with a little backing from the Chinese. you can't really compare Apples and Oranges on the same level.

I dont know why Im quoted saying all those things I dont agree with... please fix it

7 hours ago, Zanchak said:

To clarify - destiny 2 is free, and also limited. (You're limited to level 20, and don't get the newest content unless you pay for it)

I've been trying it, since its free.. and have started wondering why on earth it's compared at all to warframe by some people. It's nowhere near on the same level.

Clunky to get around. Clunkier to understand. It by no means is seamless, not even at all. Inviting friends is a clunky multi-click effort. Going anywhere is a clunky effort. Finding anything is a clunky effort. You finish a quest and it just ends.. bam.. black loading screen.

DE need to keep doing what DE do, and not take any lessons from games like that one.

This was my contribution - completely the opposite of how I've been incorrectly quoted lol @(PS4)robotwars7

12 hours ago, Jenggo_Kalem said:

1. They have server!! no host migration issue. I like it compare to warframe Peer 2 Peer system. I really hate host migration. 

2, They have daily achievement task. Warframe can implement this (eg: Kill 100 lv.100 or higher Bombard). Not just damn alert.
3. The open world alert (public event) is cool. Enter the zone to participate. Leave the zone for quit. You can join more than 4 people to kill the alert boss (well, DE need to have their own server)
4. Cool bounty system. On the go bounty is very cool. You can take bounty in open world. Oh yeah and they had High Value Target.
5. Put every progress in a progress window. In warframe, You need to wait to see Riven challenge progress. Not consistent status progress.
6. Good safe point placement. I hate going to POE from cetus and return back to cetus mechanic. Need to have a seamless integration with map.
7. Has a High level zone. Warframe can have a multi high level zone (eg: lv 10-20 zone, lv. 100-120 zone). Maybe inside a cave. And if you survive inside the zone, you get a reward. 

Lets just answer your points:
1) And where do you think DE could come up with the money to host this?  Its way too expensive.  Also updating a games netcode is rather hard to do.  Too many chances to mess things up a lot worse than they are currently.  Its not something that can be easily and quickly changed.
2) So basically a snooze fest of "Hey, survive 45 minutes of survival before you can even attempt your daily mission!", yeah, no thanks.  Don't need another daily added to the game.
So far for dailies we have: Simaris, Syndicate Missions, Focus, Ostron Standing, soon Fortuna Standing, and Sorties, and if you're in for PvP we have daily PvP challenges.  We already have enough things to do every day we don't need more pointless objectives.
Also how would it really be any different than an alert or our already existing dailies?
3) We already have this with Eidolons and Incursions.  Also why have more than 4 people?  We already trivialize everything with 4 people that we don't need to trivialize even harder
4) We have incursions, and in fortuna we can access bounty system without going back to the hub.  And what does your last point mean?
5) I rather like the clean UI here that isn't cluttered with endless progress bars.
6) Except it is rather seamless with a loading door...a lot less seamless than heading in via cutscene. 
7) And what rewards would there be?  Beyond which higher levels doesn't equal more challenging.  If you just want higher levels go into Cetus at night and head towards the far corners of the map.

Edited by Tsukinoki

3 часа назад, pig666eon сказал:

when you give destiny some time and realize how bad it actually is you will see why its free, the hole game is based on flawed system if you just look at it from a game stand point, everyone is exactly the same at max level, your grind is just to get to max level and in the end it means nothing, the AI scales so when you do a level at 10 or 200 its the exact same mission, the game is not fun to play it just becomes a item collection game where you cant collect everything because of space cut offs, you get pushed then to buy microtransactions to make the grind easier to people who have already paid 140, so whoever can honestly say this game is "good" has other reasons to say it because its just flawed on so many levels

I already see a number of problems in Destiny 2.
And I read a lot of negative reviews about this game on the Internet.
Of course, the further - the more I will see them, but this is a natural process. Warframe in the first months also seemed to me almost an ideal game, I noticed the flaws later.
In any case, I now enjoy the game, there are people at the locations, all my life I am not going to play it)

You can consider this game as Halo or Crysis.
Passed to the end, got pleasure for you money - and OK)

As for pushing in microtransactions, so far I have not noticed this, but in Warframe the gameplay also pushes for the purchase of platinum.
If you want to play comfortably, do not waste time on the endless grind and on a very inconvenient trading chat, you will buy platinum.
I bought it not only because I wanted to support the developers. Although this, too, without a doubt.
I wanted to play comfortably. With boosters, with the purchase of warframes, and not with endless attempts to knock them out in missions. With catalysts, reactors, forms, etc. DE is not a charitable organization, they just sell their product on the f2p model. No need for illusions.

If no one paid, this game would not have existed long ago.

2 hours ago, Falconer777 said:

I already see a number of problems in Destiny 2.
And I read a lot of negative reviews about this game on the Internet.
Of course, the further - the more I will see them, but this is a natural process. Warframe in the first months also seemed to me almost an ideal game, I noticed the flaws later.
In any case, I now enjoy the game, there are people at the locations, all my life I am not going to play it)

You can consider this game as Halo or Crysis.
Passed to the end, got pleasure for you money - and OK)

As for pushing in microtransactions, so far I have not noticed this, but in Warframe the gameplay also pushes for the purchase of platinum.
If you want to play comfortably, do not waste time on the endless grind and on a very inconvenient trading chat, you will buy platinum.
I bought it not only because I wanted to support the developers. Although this, too, without a doubt.
I wanted to play comfortably. With boosters, with the purchase of warframes, and not with endless attempts to knock them out in missions. With catalysts, reactors, forms, etc. DE is not a charitable organization, they just sell their product on the f2p model. No need for illusions.

If no one paid, this game would not have existed long ago.

except that what you need to pay for can even be obtained with ONLY grind, and not a lot, on top of it ( depending on your luck ). from what i can see about D2, if i would give the most precise description i've seen around, i would sya that the devs of D2 are giving an apple core 5 $, and ask for 20 additional $ for a true full apple.

( Yes, it's not very realist in our reality, but you got what i meant. ) in Warframe, nothing in term of GAMEPLAY is locked up behind a paywall, forcing you to pay. you can get everything you need in a relatively small window of time, and platinums ( the premium currency ) can be traded, which allows it to be farmed easily, making it even easier to get what you want and need to be bought with plat without even paying.

17 минут назад, mikakor сказал:

except that what you need to pay for can even be obtained with ONLY grind, and not a lot, on top of it ( depending on your luck ). from what i can see about D2, if i would give the most precise description i've seen around, i would sya that the devs of D2 are giving an apple core 5 $, and ask for 20 additional $ for a true full apple.

Maybe. I already wrote - I was lucky to get all the apple at a discount, so I am somewhat subjective)

Цитата

in Warframe, nothing in term of GAMEPLAY is locked up behind a paywall, forcing you to pay. you can get everything you need in a relatively small window of time, and platinums ( the premium currency ) can be traded, which allows it to be farmed easily, making it even easier to get what you want and need to be bought with plat without even paying.

“Easy to get” is if you don’t feel sorry for wasting time on a grind, and then on a trading chat. I almost sold you nothing in the Warframe, I hate trading chat, this is the most inconvenient trading system I have seen in games in general. 

And I'm not alone in this dislike for the trade chat - here on the forum there are constantly topics asking for a normal auction.

13 hours ago, DrBorris said:

You underestimate the cost of hosting games on a sever. Peer to peer works for Warframes, although the netcode that decides who becomes host after a migration and what does the migration itself could stand to use some tweaks.

honestly this is the only reason i consider upgrading to 1G internet speeds so i dont have to deal with other people being the host.

lol, as far as destiny 2 is concerned, i own two copies of the collectors edition and both me and my wife are off playing different games.

Edited by Dabnician

9 minutes ago, Falconer777 said:

Maybe. I already wrote - I was lucky to get all the apple at a discount, so I am somewhat subjective)

“Easy to get” is if you don’t feel sorry for wasting time on a grind, and then on a trading chat. I almost sold you nothing in the Warframe, I hate trading chat, this is the most inconvenient trading system I have seen in games in general. 

And I'm not alone in this dislike for the trade chat - here on the forum there are constantly topics asking for a normal auction.

Warframe.Market will make your life much easier buddy xD this will help you a lot. 

( Yes, the trade chat is S#&$ xD )

Только что, mikakor сказал:

Warframe.Market will make your life much easier buddy xD this will help you a lot. 

( Yes, the trade chat is S#&$ xD )

Yes, I know about him, of course he is more comfortable)
Although also not the best solution.

Just gonna say, I hit lv8 like yesterday in Destiny 2.... Honestly not sure if I'm gonna even finish the main campaign, it's so boring. I mean, hell, I feel rooted and I'm playing the class with a triple jump.

Almost all of your "points" don't quite "get" Warframe, btw.

#1 misses the advantages of p2p. Namely, I can play solo over cellphone internet if I need and not burn all my data limit on lag. It also means DE doesn't have to spend a fortune on maintaining servers, which greatly improves the game's longevity (and the odds of pservers should something happen to DE).

#2 is just attaching the Daily Tribute system we have to an actual daily. Also your example is horrid- lv100 bombards are a very rare enemy, and you want to make someone kill 100 of them for what? Few people do Simaris dailies unless they're actively farming something from him, and they're absurdly easier/faster than what you're using as an example.

#3 jesus, #3 is something I've been really annoyed with in my little bit of playing. The hard time limit makes fights DPS checks, which means if you and anyone who came to help (IF anyone came to help) aren't sufficiently geared, you're SOL. The only one I've managed to clear near-solo so far is the spidertank, and that's solely because they give you RPGs to enable it. Additionally, Warframe as a whole already has these, but better. They're called Alerts. They've got generous join durations, no server shard requirements, and no mission timers. If you want more of a challenge, it's called

#4 Our "bounties" are more procedural-mission like, but a more direct comparison would be syndicate missions and rivens.

#5 is just UI. And you don't want me talking about how bad Destiny 2's UI is, or how obviously second-class m&k is. I do this S#&$ for a living, and let me tell you, Destiny 2 had me angry before I even left character gen.

#6 is just so wrong.... Going from PoE to Cetus is like going from the EDZ to the Farm, which Destiny 2 does in fact have a load gate. Additionally, they DID do something to make you do that less, in that you can accept new bounties outside of town by finding a bounty-giver. If you want near-instant load between the Vallis and Fortuna, get a beefier rig. You'll be amazed at how short the load times are.

#7 hasn't been paying any attention to what's planned at all. Similar to the day/night cycle of the Plains, Vallis has a roaming blizzard of "high level". Only we don't give participation trophies here at Warframe. Just "surviving" won't get you anything.

Edited by Eirshy

1 minute ago, Heatnix. said:

But isn't vanilla Destiny 2 completely ruined by the DLC they released after? I mean as soon as I got the gift in my blizzapp I figured it was bait to try and make people buy the DLC for the "full experience".

Please. Vanilla Destiny 2 was completely ruined by Vanilla Destiny 2. The "expansions" are what actually makes the game playable- after you slog through the original campaign, of course.

12 hours ago, Redspace0095 said:

I recently bought Destiny 2 with all DLCs (for £40) and have completed the story and DLCs on the Hunter, the Story and first 2 DLCs with Warlock and got the Hunter to a 530 gear score. Got bored and ended up getting the mastery xp for the 2 new weapons plus the chimera sword, then forma's the sword 5 times and the staticor 4 times. I spent over 2 hours in Hydron and found it more interesting than playing through Destiny 2. Gunplay feels more satisfying , movement is less restrictive and jump mechanics are way less annoying in warframe. Plus I doubt I will ever find the armour pieces with perks i want that i actually like the look of in D2.

Warframe is and always will be my go to causal game. Destiny 2 fits in my life the same way The Division does... it will only be loaded up when mates are online and playing.

If 530 is all you got then you didnt even play the game more then a hour lol. Both games are good, for me and most others Destiny 2 Gun play is one of the best in the gaming industry though.