Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are these K-Drives SUPPOSED TO...

4thBro

1 minute ago, HerpDerpy said:

im pretty sure DE wants them all to be the same stat wise.

IMO its pretty lame to do so. why even have parts locked behind grind wall if its just cosmetic?

Because people will grind for cosmetics. Personally the parts I want are all on the least tier.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

No, that’s a horrible idea. Doing that ruins the whole purpose of being able to customize the appearance to your own choice because stat altering parts will just make us all build for the meta build”

You unquoted something you never quoted.

49 minutes ago, HerpDerpy said:

im pretty sure DE wants them all to be the same stat wise.

IMO its pretty lame to do so. why even have parts locked behind grind wall if its just cosmetic?

Why is it lame? If you just want a k drive and don't care too badly about how it looks then you don't have to grind forever to get one, you'll always be on equal footing with people who do grind to get one, and anyone who DOES grind to get the highest tier of cosmetic k drive stuff can at least show it off without eclipsing you in speed and control and etc which would FORCE you to grind something you may not like just for better numbers.

26 minutes ago, Lordmotav said:

Why is it lame? If you just want a k drive and don't care too badly about how it looks then you don't have to grind forever to get one, you'll always be on equal footing with people who do grind to get one, and anyone who DOES grind to get the highest tier of cosmetic k drive stuff can at least show it off without eclipsing you in speed and control and etc which would FORCE you to grind something you may not like just for better numbers. 

I agree with you. I can relax and have fun with it while I'm building up standing. It's nice that I don't feel pressured to grind for a few weeks to get the meta K drive.

1 hour ago, Lordmotav said:

okay but that's how literally all of the other modular systems work. The entire point of grinding in these systems is to get better parts with better stats, that way its actually worth grinding for.

Even if it wasn't better stats, it should at least be different stats like the MOA pets. where one part will sacrifice boost speed for regular speed, or sacrifice jump height for boost speed etc. That way if you grind to get to max standing you at least have more variety to choose the stats you want rather than it just being purely ascetic.

3 minutes ago, HerpDerpy said:

okay but that's how literally all of the other modular systems work. The entire point of grinding in these systems is to get better parts with better stats, that way its actually worth grinding for.

Even if it wasn't better stats, it should at least be different stats like the MOA pets. where one part will sacrifice boost speed for regular speed, or sacrifice jump height for boost speed etc. That way if you grind to get to max standing you at least have more variety to choose the stats you want rather than it just being purely ascetic.

But then there will be a "meta" or "best" choice or combination to go with. And that's no fun. Amps are ruined by this exact thing. Frigging everybody runs a 323 amp. It's BORING. 

So yes, god forbid they make something with purely fun in mind. Without stats, you can grind and build the K Drive you actually want instead of the one that's "the best". 

Given the specific nature of K-drives, that they're literally just your personal transport, I don't mind it in this specific instance.

I just look forward to creating something like the Blue Star II from Sonic Riders as my personal ride, since I loved that game. Enough that when tasked with K-driving past the Orb in the quest, I threw on the cheesy-as-hell opening theme and felt like a boss.