Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So...Fortuna...

Orcbolg

I've been playing Warframe using my laptop and most of the time it ran pretty smooth (50~ fps at 720p low setting) while the Plains hovers around 30~ fps. But then came Fortuna and it ran very poorly with insane stuttering. Will future optimization would somewhat makes it at least playable like PoE for my system?

P.S. Buying more powerful system isn't something I can afford right now. Life is hard and tight as it is. :(

My system specs:

i5-6200U @ 2.3 GHz

4 GB usable RAM

AMD Radeon R5 M330 (2048 MB DDR3) @ 870 MHz memory clock / 800 MHz core clock

I've turn off EVERYTHING in the setting and still it ran poorly. I think this is the furthest my laptop can go. But man its hard to accept this cuz further down the line, future updates gonna be as resource intensive or even more. 😞

Orb Vallis is way bigger than PoE and uses like 700 more VRAM, our potatos are gonna suffer through it. It takes me a while to load, and once I'm finally there, my fps stays around 10~15 for like 5 minutes, but after that it stabilizes back to 60 and I can play normally with minimum settings so I just afk a bit while loading and bless DE for letting us do bounties without having to load back and forth (which they got their share on the main quest anyway Lol). Even if they make more optimizations for Fortuna, it won't be as much for you, it's a hardware issue.

hace 8 minutos, Orcbolg dijo:

I've been playing Warframe using my laptop and most of the time it ran pretty smooth (50~ fps at 720p low setting) while the Plains hovers around 30~ fps. But then came Fortuna and it ran very poorly with insane stuttering. Will future optimization would somewhat makes it at least playable like PoE for my system?

P.S. Buying more powerful system isn't something I can afford right now. Life is hard and tight as it is. 😞

My system specs:

i5-6200U @ 2.3 GHz

4 GB usable RAM

AMD Radeon R5 M330 (2048 MB DDR3) @ 870 MHz memory clock / 800 MHz core clock

4gb of ram and ddr3 in video .... you common sense should stop from asking for "optimization" when your pc is clearly the problem .

Can you post a screenshot (or two) of your settings? Probably would help things out.

Though will say I've noticed a couple odd hiccups when going through the main open world area, even had it behave like some stop-motion video for about a solid minute while using Archwing, but that was only one time (i7-4790k / GTX 1080Ti / 16GB RAM / 1440p / 60Hz+Vsync).

31 minutes ago, Sean said:

Can you post a screenshot (or two) of your settings? Probably would help things out.

Though will say I've noticed a couple odd hiccups when going through the main open world area, even had it behave like some stop-motion video for about a solid minute while using Archwing, but that was only one time (i7-4790k / GTX 1080Ti / 16GB RAM / 1440p / 60Hz+Vsync).

https://imgur.com/a/BMcIwzz

Judging from the people I play with, their rigs, and the performance everyone's getting, I don't think performance problems on Fortuna are strictly horsepower related. People with computers a lot less powerful than mine can run it fine, but I'm having general issues that make it extremely unpleasant to play (To the point where, after getting the main quest done, the update is basically dead to me). 

So good luck.

Edited by fadingtheory

6 minutes ago, fadingtheory said:

Judging from the people I play with, their rigs, and the performance everyone's getting, I don't performance problems on Fortuna are strictly horsepower related. People with computers a lot less powerful than mine can run it fine, but I'm having general issues that make it extremely unpleasant to play (To the point where, after getting the main quest done, the update is basically dead to me). 

So good luck.

I see. I guess future optimization by DE is my only hope then. XD

At times like this I'm happy to have upgraded my GPU a while back. I used to run Warframe at max settings with 40 FPS before PoE. By the time it dropped I already had a new GPU, everything was fine.

Now, Fortuna... it runs smooth after a few hiccups after spawning in, but damn, if it wasn't for my 6GB VRAM I'd be lagging like hell.

Honestly, the only thing you could so right now if lowering your settings doesn't work is search for some used GPU with at least 3-4 GB. Not that expensive. That, or pray to *insert holy being here* that DE will somehow fix the issues.