Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should RailJack be an Event?

Grimmstyler

12 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I just wish they wouldn't abandon "old" content in favor of stuffing in new stuff and leaving the other stuff in the dust.

Yea i miss them 8 man Raids.. Minus the complex incoperation with players and bugs..

Actually i preferred 4-5 man Raids due to lag..

Edited by Grimmstyler

11 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

If railjack will be so boring that its only fun for ~2 weeks per year, they can keep it 😛

That's what I mean tho.. Your just blowing up a ship.. It's not like your farming resources for Foundry items.

Then even a lot of people don't care for Archwing/Sharkwing..

How would it tie into the Tau system?

What about Mutalist Alad V Open World?

Edited by Grimmstyler

My thoughts would be to keep the railjack as a permanent feature on fortuna but have a separate event that combines other things with it to have fun with. For example with the solar rails in the dojo and the specter regiments you can add a railjack dock to the dojo. The setup can be once you build a solar rail it takes you to a dark sector, e.g. somewhere in the void or a grineer/corpus/infested/sentient ship/facility with a specter regiment as a crew if you want to go solo. The reward can be rare mods or gear/items.

Before people start talking about the effort involved (which I am well aware will be a lot) I would like to point out that much of what I suggest is already there with the invasion and syndicate type missions with the allies following. Having specters being able to take orders like piloting, manning the turrets etc could take a few lines of code and a pre-set flight path on a given map could make things interesting. But this is just me thinking out loud let me know if this is a good idea or not.

Well it could be as simple as keeping RailJack upgrades and such gameplay. Then an Event to where Grineer invade Vallis with Fomorian.. An event where Corpus Vallis invades Mutalist Alad V infestation open world (if it's made).. And Plague Star Event infestation invades Plains of Eidolon as it is.. 

One big love triangle lol

30 minutes ago, Grimmstyler said:

That's what I mean tho.. Your just blowing up a ship.. It's not like your farming resources for Foundry items.

Then even a lot of people don't care for Archwing/Sharkwing..

How would it tie into the Tau system?

What about Mutalist Alad V Open World?

That was just the Demo though. They've said that there's more to it, showing off concept art of a much larger open fight with the Grineer around Earth, and mentioned salvage missions through the derelict. There's more to it than just blowing up a ship.

3 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

That was just the Demo though. They've said that there's more to it, showing off concept art of a much larger open fight with the Grineer around Earth, and mentioned salvage missions through the derelict. There's more to it than just blowing up a ship.

I hope Servers, hard drive space, optimization and verifying download cache can handle all this 😊

Just now, Grimmstyler said:

I hope Servers, hard drive space, optimization and verifying download cache can handle all this 😊

Each one will probably be its own instance. Also, Steve's been doing some technical wizardry behind the scenes, so I'm confident.

10 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I also heard that RJ will also be a new method of travel in the star chart.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)GameNerd300 said:

I also heard that RJ will also be a new method of travel in the star chart.

Steve's confirmed it'll be possible to use them for that, yes, although given the amount of work, story missions and number of additions that revolve around the Orbiter it's unlikely that RJ will entirely replace it.

2 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Steve's confirmed it'll be possible to use them for that, yes, although given the amount of work, story missions and number of additions that revolve around the Orbiter it's unlikely that RJ will entirely replace it.

I was thinking orbiters come together like Voltron (Screw Power Rangers) 😃

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

Uh...

Orbiters are kind of big for that...

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Orbiter

Ok well.. Orbiters (if that's spelled correctly) are still in development i guess and currently i refer a Orbiter to a Liset because that's the option when leaving a Relay.. (Return to Orbiter)

So what i was thinking Liset's would mount a Railship (Railjack) to form like Voltron and the Liset's themselves would have custom weapons (upgradeable) to contribute the the focus of power and such on a RailJack mission.. Really the weapons don't need to be revealed on the Liset unless activated.. 

Then even you could just fly around and hangout on the RailJack and visit people's custom Liset quarters.. More or less anytime a Railjack group is formed, whether it's Public Matchmaking or Invite Only..