Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Liberate the camp bounty

Milarky7

Half the time this bounty pops up, I tend to fail it. Not because I can't kill them fast enough but because I can barely find them before the timer hits 0. The area needs to be made smaller, so solo players can actually find them without needing to jump from one end of the zone to the other trying to find another group to kill.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This bug has happened to me for three separate PoE bounties now over the past two days. Counter goes down by approx. 3% every tick and there are next to no enemies spawning. I agree that the size of the bounty area needs to be made much smaller because this is near impossible to do solo now, especially on the higher bounty stages.

Edit: Forgot to mention that this does not happen all the time. Sometimes the bounty goes smoothly and other times it does not, so I find it difficult to pinpoint when and where it happens.

Edited by Zirion_Bk
Added some info
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed. One would require a team of five with assigned roles on some of these large areas, such as in the Ribs. Peripheral drops are a problem. Difficulty needs to be balanced to the other stages as it makes little sense to take a group when all other stages in a 20-40 bounty are easily completed solo.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Returning player, trying to do these bounties (solo). Liberate camp is still utterly broken. Some locations are reasonably completeable. But most of them are not. The area is too big and/or enemies spawn too infrequently to even find enough to complete the objective. It is quite frustrating. 😞

• Like 1

So I just ran the exact same liberate camp area as a T5 bounty and then as a T3. The spawns for the T5 were sparse, but sufficient. I do not think the percentage ever got above 70. But for the t3, the percentage was down to 30ish before a drop ship ever brought any enemies. Then not enough reinforcements came, and I was down to 0 by the 3rd drop ship.

One way you might go about fixing this is to scale the percentage drops by the number of enemies actually in the area. Or just reduce the percentage drop in lower tier bounties because there are not going to be as many enemies that spawn.

9 hours ago, XenoWraith said:

So I just ran the exact same liberate camp area as a T5 bounty and then as a T3. The spawns for the T5 were sparse, but sufficient. I do not think the percentage ever got above 70. But for the t3, the percentage was down to 30ish before a drop ship ever brought any enemies. Then not enough reinforcements came, and I was down to 0 by the 3rd drop ship.

One way you might go about fixing this is to scale the percentage drops by the number of enemies actually in the area. Or just reduce the percentage drop in lower tier bounties because there are not going to be as many enemies that spawn.

its the same type of mode as Sanctuary Onslaught. they would need to increase spawn rate which they could do by removing the drop ships and just use the drop pods.

Try Titania with a good evasion build fly somewhat high and refresh Razorwing as soon as the Razorfly go down, you wont ever have problems with these stages again. Sometimes drop ship get stuck in geometry wich include trees, the counter will keep going down but shooting soldiers off the ships without them touching ground wont count for you.

• 4 weeks later...

I lost several of these missions in the past 2 weeks. One of them right now, actually.. NO ships spawned whatsoever...

EDIT: playing in a squad seems to be a fix, but for those that want to solo stuff, well.. not so much 😛

Edited by Asthir
update

• 2 weeks later...

After 8 months, it still stand here.

It doesn't matter whether solo or public mode, as long as there is no other player in your game, it seems 3% per tick all the time. In a game of 4 players, I find sometimes it is 1% per tick, 3% at most from my own observation.  

It is not hard to be done with 3 other players, but hard to finish even at low level. I failed several times when solo it, it hurts a lot. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2018-11-18 at 2:41 PM, sordolaxder2 said:

How about adding a similar approach as orb vallis? Have greeneer deploy some kind of 'reinforcements signal' that call in a squad via drop pods if it is left up for a few seconds. The signal would then continue to call additional reinforcements in set intervals and the 'difficulty' is more tied to the amount of signals currently active. Plus the units spawned that way will always seek out the player no matter what. 

That already exists. Those drones that drop flares do that.

• 2 years later...

I just failed this bounty in an arcana vault, of all places, and was very confused. The area was small and enclosed, and being infestation (which seems to spawn a lot more than other factions), it should've been easy. However, I was getting little to no spawns, and my control% was dropping so fast I couldn't keep up with the few spawns I was getting. I was playing Titania, and even my flies (and my specters) couldn't find anything to kill.

I thought the % never went down if there was nothing in the area. Was that fixed?