Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Holster rate should be buffed for everyone

Space0ddity

3 hours ago, ALOEDA1 said:

Your opinion is bad, and you are bad.

If holstering takes 3 years why should people EVER switch weapons? For the most part they don't need to.

You my friend, are a raging hypocrite.

7 minutes ago, ALOEDA1 said:

haHAAA

So what you're saying is

Is that there are times when increased holster speed will actually prevent you from dying when you should have because you were stupid?

Yeah right.

Name ONE situation where instant holster breaks the game, name ONE situation where it turns the game easy and I'll leave you alone

Bonus round: tell me how many meta hypebeasts you've seen, stuff like ember lowlevel, loki, etc actually switched their weapons in front of you actively and more than once per mission.

Sadly, you can't. It turns out that your opinion is actually stupid, and you are too.

I have no respect for a single thing you said.

4 hours ago, ALOEDA1 said:

I'm on a campaign to make sure that happens.

That ain't gonna last long when you're insulting people.....having said that, inb4 lock 

Enjoy what's left of your 'campaign' 

As someone who actually uses holster mods like Streamlined Form and the more recent Synth Reflex. Anything more than a 33% decrease on swapping time is excessive. That 100% bonus makes a huge difference currently and any significant change would just be spoiling the function of the mod.

It would be like removing 99% recoil from all weapons in order to "make recoil reduction good". Sounds great for you but it slowly waters down the game where all you need to do is follow the meta because 90% of the choices are redundant.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

your wanting realistic your looking at wrong game.  serriouly take a look at the game we are angsty teen or tween space ninjas that basically using mutated flesh puppets and using all sorts of weapons that dont even come close to being real 

He's saying that even games based in reality can swap weapons faster why do we, ninjas, swap weapons at a snail's pace.

Agreed, this could use some major rethinking. I often run with Tigris myself and some sidearm meant to destroy larger mobs / nully bubbles / etc. in quick-succession. That's hardly possible when my grandma can take a piss faster than my frame overcomes its Alzheimers at a whim, forgets I've ordered it to switch to a secondary, and then actually changing weapons.

FPS Games even have faster side-arm unholster rates than we get in Warframe, I don't understand why this was ever so slow to begin with.

Just now, (PS4)Ashagin said:

Based on OPs attitude towards others who post respectfull comments disagreeing with all or just some of what he said, I hope they never change it.

Just because OP doesn't have good-mannerisms or keeping a civil attitude doesn't invalidate their point. This is something long overlooked.

I'm surprised how many people seem so massively against, if not completely offended by it. We're freaking space ninjas, who take out entire armies with the push of a button, we jump and run up the walls, but hey, let's draw the line at faster weapon swapping, because that would be OP and somehow break the game. 

Difficulty is a different subject entirely, the vast majority of missions are trivial anyway, the whole thing is a power fantasy, but somehow faster weapon swapping is a terrible idea, because it makes things too easy? I don't understand these forums sometimes.

I agree, they keep adding mods to incentivize weapon swap when the simplest thing was to just reduce holster speed instead of producing new mods that no one has room for in their builds.

even just a base 20% would be an amazing QoL.

Many old animations could use some polish in generale, speaking for myself I would pay for nier automata-like holster animations

10 minutes ago, Berserkerkitten said:

I'm surprised how many people seem so massively against, if not completely offended by it. We're freaking space ninjas, who take out entire armies with the push of a button, we jump and run up the walls, but hey, let's draw the line at faster weapon swapping, because that would be OP and somehow break the game. 

Difficulty is a different subject entirely, the vast majority of missions are trivial anyway, the whole thing is a power fantasy, but somehow faster weapon swapping is a terrible idea, because it makes things too easy? I don't understand these forums sometimes.

The problem is exactly where should the line be drawn. Essentially, the same argument can be made on almost everything in the game. Recoil, bullet jump, sprint speed, shields, damage reduction and every other mod that people left behind while chasing the next meta.

Even reload speed, after all, it's a power fantasy so a space ninja should be able to reload guns in splitseconds right? No one uses those mods because of damage, multishot, elemental and critical mods right?

See the problem? If you shift your perspective around, this becomes a downward slope to diminshing the game.

Edited by Flandyrll

3 minutes ago, Flandyrll said:

The problem is exactly where should the line be drawn. Essentially, the same argument can be made on almost everything in the game. Recoil, bullet jump, sprint speed, shields, damage reduction and every other mod that people left behind while chasing the next meta.

Even reload speed, after all, it's a power fantasy so a space ninja should be able to reload guns in splitseconds right? No one uses those mods because of damage, multishot, elemental and critical mods right?

See the problem? If you shift your perspective around, this becomes a downward slope to diminshing the game.

Why are you against it anyway? It's going to be added with melee 3.0 . So there is no point discussing about it.

12 minutes ago, Flandyrll said:

The problem is that if a mechanic is half-assed but it can be modded to be better, it’s still half-assed in the first place.

mechanics should be good, streamlined and feel in line with the pace of the game. Then you should be able to mod to improve those even further, if you feel like it.

i run natural talent on a lot of frames that don’t need it. But I feel them much better with it.  But it shouldnt be required for everyone just for not feeling like power cast time is garbage. And it isnt 

power cast time is usually already ok, but I still use it

Edited by JohnKable

19 minutes ago, JohnKable said:

The problem is that if a mechanic is half-assed but it can be modded to be better, it’s still half-assed in the first place.

mechanics should be good, streamlined and feel in line with the pace of the game. Then you should be able to mod to improve those even further, if you feel like it.

i run natural talent on a lot of frames that don’t need it. But I feel them much better with it.  But it shouldnt be required for everyone just for not feeling like power cast time is garbage.

power cast time is usually already ok, but I still use it

So the idea here is that I can demand we increase all ability animation speed by 200% because I refuse to put in Natural Talent on my builds? 

As I've already said, anything beyond 33% is excessive. The whole point I made is that excessive concessions is just removing choices by making those choices redundant. If we cut down all ability animation time down to 1/4 of what they are now, you would immediately remove Natural Talent because it no longer provides reasonable value to you.

Edited by Flandyrll