Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Holster rate should be buffed for everyone

Space0ddity

It's time to add speedholster to everyone,be it making it a passive ability,placing holster time into the stats of random mods,or some other drastic measure.

There is no single working argument against this change, and it will only make the game better.

The average player wants to be effective, and sometimes wants things that can only come from an aura. Things like energy regen, enemy armor reduction, teamwide buffs are locked into just that one slot. There is no reason for them to put Speed Holster over one of those mods, ever.

You can harp about players being allowed to choose holster mods, but the truth is that they're sacrificing extremely beneficial abilities for a holster buff that doesnt really even work that well.

Other games, especially fast-paced/highskillcap games have extremely fast switch times compared to warframe, just look at CSGO or TF2 where weapon switching is actually used for the sake of it.

However WF is maybe 10x faster than ALL of these, and we still have to wait 3 seconds to switch weapons. This is really dumb. Just buff animation time by at least 500% or remove bits of the animation like in any other game. 

It won't break the game, and maybe, and I'm saying this with a glint in my eye, it will make the game a bit more fun.

500%? I hope you're joking.

Base holster rates need a slight tweaking but definitely not changing to the point they become nonexistant, might as well add an autowin button and rename the game to Cookie Clicker Ninja Space Wizard Edition, you can counter spawn rates on most tilesets with just your sniper rifle, not even a secondary or switching needed at all.

Holster rate mods need a buff as well to make them worth a mod slot for those who would waste it on that stat, but there needs to be a tradeoff in the form of a mod slot for mods that enable lazyness and removes the need to think ahead and micromanage completely like Speed Holster or Vacuum, reload speed mods, recoil mods etc..

2 minutes ago, kgabor said:

Base holster rates need a slight tweaking but definitely not changing to the point they become nonexistant, might as well add an autowin button and rename the game to Cookie Clicker Ninja Space Wizard Edition, you can counter spawn rates on most tilesets with just your sniper rifle, not even a secondary or switching needed at all.

Holster rate mods need a buff as well to make them worth a mod slot for those who would waste it on that stat, but there needs to be a tradeoff in the form of a mod slot for mods that enable lazyness and removes the need to think ahead and micromanage completely like Speed Holster or Vacuum, reload speed mods, recoil mods etc..

Your opinion is bad, and you are bad.

If holstering takes 3 years why should people EVER switch weapons? For the most part they don't need to.

You my friend, are a raging hypocrite.

vor 11 Minuten schrieb kgabor:

Ok, common ability gameplay:  4, 4, 4, 4, 4, or at least n, 4, n, 4, n, 4 (n=1,2,3).

Uhm, what was the point about setting extremely reduced holster speed in comparison with an autowin button? :>

14 minutes ago, kgabor said:

quite true they do need work some and last i heard is being looked at especially with mele 3.0 but not any where near to point the OP wants.

30 minutes ago, Showerwalker said:

yea man, even most realistic shooters are faster than this.

if your wanting realistic your looking at wrong game.  serriouly take a look at the game we are angsty teen or tween space ninjas that basically using mutated flesh puppets and using all sorts of weapons that dont even come close to being real 

vor 58 Minuten schrieb ALOEDA1:

There is no reason for them to put Speed Holster over one of those mods, ever.

If there is no reason then why do you want holster speed to be buffed?

And if you start with this then why not go on and let´s give every warframe a passive energy regen or an overall damage buff?

vor 46 Minuten schrieb Showerwalker:

yea man, even most realistic shooters are faster than this.

Because holstering one weapon and then equipping another is done in seconds in real life?

Edited by Kuestenjung

Just now, Kuestenjung said:

If there is no reason then why do you want holster speed to be buffed?

And if you start with this then why not go on and let´s give every warframe a passive energy regen or an overall damage buff?

Talk about missing the point.

I'm asking for a buff and for it to be a universal passive so that people switch weapons more, not trying to get people to use speed holster as is.

16 minutes ago, Birkenhoff said:

Ok, common ability gameplay:  4, 4, 4, 4, 4, or at least n, 4, n, 4, n, 4 (n=1,2,3).

Uhm, what was the point about setting extremely reduced holster speed in comparison with an autowin button? :>

Like you just said the game is already overly simple, there are these little things that add that tiny bit of challenge at higher levels and special condition sorties that gives an incentive to players not to fall asleep while playing.

I obviously overexxagerated with that, though not by a lot, if we keep removing aspects of the game, not much will be left in content or fun factor.

5 minutes ago, kgabor said:

Like you just said the game is already overly simple, there are these little things that add that tiny bit of challenge at higher levels and special condition sorties that gives an incentive to players not to fall asleep while playing.

I obviously overexxagerated with that, though not by a lot, if we keep removing aspects of the game, not much will be left in content or fun factor.

Buffing something =/= Making something easier to do/use

Sometimes a buff brings a difficult gameplay feature to a limelight, making the game more complicated because there's another feature in it.

Next you're going to say that nezha slidebuffs or volt sanicmode makes movement autowin cookieclicker gameplay.

Edited by ALOEDA1

9 minutes ago, kgabor said:

hey I am MR 24 and have fallen asleep in sorties especially if running rhino

I never swap. Momentum is something I enjoy in my games, and I hate having to lose that momentum because of a clunky game mechanic. I really, really hope that faster swap times gets added with melee 3.0 because as it stands now, I feel discouraged to swap because of the time it takes.

Why bother? If I am using melee, the time it takes me to swap to primary/secondary is slower than the time it takes to simply bullet jump over to said enemy and whack it once with my sword. The only time I feel the need to swap is with nullifiers, but even then, it is faster for me to swap to operator mode and hit them with my amp than it is to simply pull out my gun.

Edited by IntheCoconut

5 minutes ago, ALOEDA1 said:

Buffing something =/= Making something easier to do/use.

The stats being as they are by themselves are not the challenge, forcing the player to find cover while switching or reloading in a difficult situation or simply deciding when and how to pick up items while under fire can be. (at least if said player doesn't use tanky meta frames that removes any difficulty anyways)

Afaik. CS:GO at some point had a faster reload time/fire rate after switching with an AWP, which directly affected game stats, rewarding players in turn for good timing.

If switch times would be done like that in Warframe, i would personally have nothing against it, but simply removing switch times wouldn't do much good for the game considering the current state of the game and the fact there is almost no difficulty in it.

More easy button, just what the game needs.  Remove more things that make players weigh their options and choose.  Yup, a good idea.  In case it did not come through, that was sarcasm.  

Always funny seeing most of the squad using Energy Siphon or Corrosive Projection.  Loadout's, builds and pizza's deal with energy needs way better than the piddling amount ES gives.   But players love it.  Heh, and CP... unless going past sortie 3 level enemies, its pointless as well.  Weapons shred just fine without it.  But players love it.   Same for most of the other commonly used Aura's, which are a waste of space to me.   Rather than a useful Aura like Speed Holster or Rejuvenation, for me anyway.   Which is kinda my point.  We don't all play the same.  So the game lets us mod as we see fit.    Want to play as frantic, mod for it.   Want to take it slow, mod for it.   But rather than mod for it if you want something improved, op seems to want it given as a freebie.  

Sorry, but nope for me.   I like it like it is just fine.

Lemme ask something...how fast can you actually holster a gun, pull out your sword, and then put them back to shoot someone with you weapon you already had out before your melee?

I mean, it would make sense if there was a reason the Frames get accelerated holster speed such as a item we craft to add to the them kind of like the ones we add to our ship....but doing it because it makes the players have an easier time.....nope. 

I use mods and weapons in a smart way- I have weapons with much ammo use the ammo reload mods and I switch to my melee or Secondary while it reloads on my back. What is annoying is that glitch where you reload and it switches you to UNARMED

46 minutes ago, _Vortus_ said:

More easy button, just what the game needs.  Remove more things that make players weigh their options and choose.  Yup, a good idea.  In case it did not come through, that was sarcasm.  

Always funny seeing most of the squad using Energy Siphon or Corrosive Projection.  Loadout's, builds and pizza's deal with energy needs way better than the piddling amount ES gives.   But players love it.  Heh, and CP... unless going past sortie 3 level enemies, its pointless as well.  Weapons shred just fine without it.  But players love it.   Same for most of the other commonly used Aura's, which are a waste of space to me.   Rather than a useful Aura like Speed Holster or Rejuvenation, for me anyway.   Which is kinda my point.  We don't all play the same.  So the game lets us mod as we see fit.    Want to play as frantic, mod for it.   Want to take it slow, mod for it.   But rather than mod for it if you want something improved, op seems to want it given as a freebie.  

Sorry, but nope for me.   I like it like it is just fine.

haHAAA

So what you're saying is

Is that there are times when increased holster speed will actually prevent you from dying when you should have because you were stupid?

Yeah right.

Name ONE situation where instant holster breaks the game, name ONE situation where it turns the game easy and I'll leave you alone

Bonus round: tell me how many meta hypebeasts you've seen, stuff like ember lowlevel, loki, etc actually switched their weapons in front of you actively and more than once per mission.

Sadly, you can't. It turns out that your opinion is actually stupid, and you are too.

I have no respect for a single thing you said.

Edited by ALOEDA1