Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Steam Awards - Time to Vote

Acersecomic

LET OUR VOICES BE HEARD! We've once again got the opportunity to shower our beloved developers and their game with votes.

Relevant categories are Game of the Year, Labor of Love, Best Developer, Best Enviroment, Most Fun with Friends, Most Fun with a Machine (SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

I personaly voted for Labor of Love - Warframe and Best Developer - Digital Extremes.

You can only nominate one game for one award. No multiple nominations for the same game in different categories.

Well, we won last year, so I'd wager our votes actually matter, unlike in the VGA's where it was so obviously rigged in favor of Overwatch, a game with mostly cosmetic updates and loot boxes, not to mention highly infrequent content updates.

I actually don't know how the winner is determined in the VGA's. If it's a matter of fanbase votes then sure, it could make sense. But if it is a jury of preselected arbiters, there's no way it wasn't rigged in favor of the popular studio with the media-cultivated monetization tactics.

2 hours ago, Tellakey said:

Well, we won last year, so I'd wager our votes actually matter, unlike in the VGA's where it was so obviously rigged in favor of Overwatch, a game with mostly cosmetic updates and loot boxes, not to mention highly infrequent content updates.

I actually don't know how the winner is determined in the VGA's. If it's a matter of fanbase votes then sure, it could make sense. But if it is a jury of preselected arbiters, there's no way it wasn't rigged in favor of the popular studio with the media-cultivated monetization tactics.

If it's a matter of fanbase votes, I don't see Blizzard winning anything this year :crylaugh:

4 hours ago, Valiant said:

Went for labor of love too but couldn't seem to find de as a developer so gave up on that one.

For developers it gives you an empty text bar you can fill up with a name, just type in Digital Extremes and it will pop up for selecting.

4 hours ago, latetier said:

where do i go to vote ? hmm

Just open Steam and it will be on the right side of the Store screen.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb rune_me:

If it's a matter of fanbase votes, I don't see Blizzard winning anything this year :crylaugh:

It's not. Jury counts the most (like 60% IIRC). I've heard Warframe also won user votes last year but ofc Jury votes for Overwatch cause money or bias or both (and it was so obvious aswell) it was so funny to read the posts on overwatch communities aswell, no one understood why #*!%ing overwatch won in these categories.

42 minutes ago, German said:

It's not. Jury counts the most (like 60% IIRC). I've heard Warframe also won user votes last year but ofc Jury votes for Overwatch cause money or bias or both (and it was so obvious aswell) it was so funny to read the posts on overwatch communities aswell, no one understood why #*!%ing overwatch won in these categories.

Considering that Pewdiepie has over 70 million subscribers and Katy Perry according to Forbes is the most successful female musician alive, I'd actually take a jury vote over popular opinion any day of the week.

53 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

For developers it gives you an empty text bar you can fill up with a name, just type in Digital Extremes and it will pop up for selecting.

Just open Steam and it will be on the right side of the Store screen.

See that's what I did, nothing appeared, even when I just used Digital. I'll just go back later.

8 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

LET OUR VOICES BE HEARD! We've once again got the opportunity to shower our beloved developers and their game with votes.

Relevant categories are Game of the Year, Labor of Love, Best Developer, Best Enviroment, Most Fun with Friends, Most Fun with a Machine (SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

I personaly voted for Labor of Love - Warframe and Best Developer - Digital Extremes.

You can only nominate one game for one award. No multiple nominations for the same game in different categories.

Same, I'll personally be surprised if any other dev aside them gets the first place, I mean they've worked so much and they continue to evolve the entire universe. It's like a second life, not just a game.

1 hour ago, SaiTatter said:

Same, I'll personally be surprised if any other dev aside them gets the first place, I mean they've worked so much and they continue to evolve the entire universe. It's like a second life, not just a game.

It's almost like... they posses a moral compass xD