Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toroid solo farming

Whitetiger62512

Question

Between the being hit through walls by blasts and all the ability stopping, energy draining, stupid amount of Vauban launchers I am at my wits end. I can handle crowd for a bit but a single misstep after the alert reaches level 4 I can't recover at all and have died several times in just a few minutes. I have tried a few different build but I am at a loss. Any suggestions? ones that hopefully do not need several forma and potatoes to do. 

14 answers to this question

Well, since Formaing and Potatoing frames/weapons is what helps to survive, it seems like you already know the answer.

There is no special tactic for beating hoard style enemies solo. It's quite simple. Shoot the enemy without getting shot in return. I say that, not to be a smart arse, but to simply be blunt. You can either do that by increasing the effectiveness of your builds (which require Forma and Potatoes at higher end builds), by increasing your gaming skill, or both.

For lower end builds, I would recommend high Armor frames like Rhino, or even Excalibur to allow you to take more punishment. You could also take in weapons that can one-shot (or the closest you can) the enemies, and just stop relying on Abilities in any way. Oh, and parkour like a mofo. The more mobile you are, the harder you are to hit.

you spam AoE's to counter the Enemies spamming AoE's - same as it has always been in Warframe.

everything has a Nullifier bubble and is invulnerable to Damage? just gonna have to have some AoE to drain those bubbles so that you're allowed to play the game.
Enemies that cancel Abilities and prevent Casting new ones Spawning on top of you? yeah that's going to happen so some sort of repeating Damage AoE that isn't Warframe specific will then be important.
don't sacrifice being able to deal Damage ofcourse, as you'll also need that. so you'll have to be able to bring both to the situation.

as well as the age old using the Terrain to your advantage. whether that be corner peeking or moving around a lot with Parkour, there's many options there.

57 minutes ago, Ryim_Drykeon said:

For lower end builds, I would recommend high Armor frames like Rhino, or even Excalibur to allow you to take more punishment.

though this doesn't really make you survive any better without a way to readily Heal oneself - being able to Heal is more important than a generic EHP Stat if you're expecting to take Damage more than once in a while.

6 hours ago, Whitetiger62512 said:

ones that hopefully do not need several forma and potatoes to do. 

I think if you're looking at running various types of content solo, it's going to be hard to avoid using formas and especially hard to avoid using potatoes.

Personally I solo farm toroids with Inaros (pretty much immortal), Tigris Prime (for the heavy/flying targets) and Orthos Prime (for the fodder). All with potatoes, and I'm not ingame right now but if I remember right Inaros has 4 forma, Tigris has 2 and Orthos Prime has 4.

Cave diving is a valid strategy for gathering toroids, totally stress free.

Combat wise, try to avoid open areas to avoid getting swarmed, take weapons that can 1 shot enemies, being tanky is a huge plus or you can consider invisibility frames.

Hard to avoid potatos and formas if you want to go the combat route.

8 hours ago, Whitetiger62512 said:

Between the being hit through walls by blasts and all the ability stopping, energy draining, stupid amount of Vauban launchers I am at my wits end. I can handle crowd for a bit but a single misstep after the alert reaches level 4 I can't recover at all and have died several times in just a few minutes. I have tried a few different build but I am at a loss. Any suggestions? ones that hopefully do not need several forma and potatoes to do. 

If the alert lv 4 is doable without both forma & potato everyone would've been bored by Fortuna right now.

Easiest would probably just slap a potato on Revenant, build around his 2&4, have a good weapon to kill the occasional Raknoids, have Zenurik dash, and you're good to go. If you want a more faster farming probably efficiency+range Hydroid. You do need a couple potatoes at the very least though.

That, and since this is open world, there is nothing wrong stepping back a bit if you feel overwhelmed. The toroids ain't going anywhere.

8 hours ago, taiiat said:

though this doesn't really make you survive any better without a way to readily Heal oneself - being able to Heal is more important than a generic EHP Stat if you're expecting to take Damage more than once in a while.

Well, managing healing (as well as energy and ammo) is a base concept in Warframe. If one can't handle that aspect, one shouldn't be trying to push an Alert 4 solo *Shrugs*

If you're trying to farm them solo, you actually have like two options.

1) Build a Nekros that does NOT rely on Shield of Shadows for survivability (they WILL dispel it and kill you anyway) - that is, built him around a generous amount of HP and Adaptation. You can lose some range mods, since you'll be desecrating stuff pretty close to yourself anyways. Life Strike/Healing Return weapon is nice to have, too. If you've been doing raids in your time, or Tridolons, double Grace or Grace+Guardian will change things drastically. 

2) Use an immortal frame, like Inaros/Nidus with (again) Adaptation, lots of HP, and either a Rage/Life Strike combo or a single/double Grace. You'll find it hard to die, ever. Less loot that way, though.

Oh, and if you're trying to maximize your gains, get a Smeeta kavat with a Tek Enhance mod, DO NOT equip Fetch on her and wait for that "affinity" aka double drops buff before picking up any Toroids lying around. 

Edited by Reifnir

I do it with Loki or Nekros.    The former is self-explanatory, stay away from nullifier bubbles and re-cast invisibility out of the enemy line of sight.

For Nekros I use a Desecrate/Shadow of the Dead hybrid build.   Those shadows are really helpful in keeping enemy fire away from you, use them as meat shield while you just stay out of sight taking pot shots from around corners while desecrate does its thing.

Since you're fighting Corpus, mod your weapons accordingly.  Magnetic/toxin works fine for me on my main and melee. My secondary get modded for radiation for when heavy units drop in. (Terra Raptor ospreys and the Raknoids).

Also, don't forget your operator abilities. They're far more useful than many think.
And specters.  Ancient healer + Tenno specters will help you a lot.

Edited by MystMan

I do it with Nekros, Nidus or Excalibur Umbra, solo. Sometimes slow Nova with the augment mod for the 2nd ability, with Tigris Prime, but that works well only in closed spaces.

Excalibur is pretty universal imo, he can easily blind everyone and then kill with his ult. I don’t really remember my build, but for Fortuna/Eidolon solo I have Rage (for the energy), many HP and efficiency/strength. Yes, he’s squishy a little bit but with the right skill you can just kill everything pretty fast. Less loot though.

For weapons on melee I use Orthos Prime a lot, since it is infamous for it’s big range, with a slash virus or magnetic build. Works fine with me. 

Oh, and I take my Smeeta Kavat with me, but only with tanky warframes.

But yeah, going solo is not a good idea if your frames doesn’t have potatoes or never been Forma’ed. 

Edited by Xiahan

Tired of getting knocked around?

Do these pesky nullifier bubbles annoy you?

Are you sick of the enemy killing you while you stand helpless?

Coming to you this Friday, for a limited time only is the Sands of Inaros quest.

With Inaros you can do all you couldn't do before:

AFK midfight

Ignore Nullifiers

Ignore CC

AND MORE!

But wait...There's more!

Paired with a Plague Kripath Polearm this unique blender allows you to cut all types of Corpus in seconds!

Call now at 0-800-CHEESE

Disclaimer: The creator of this article does not actually resort to such French methods and is quite content using Garuda for said activities.

There is no sane stopping to this madness other than leaving at x point and resetting.

Bringing everything that boosts your chances to get toroids like Nekros, smeeta and a booster help because you will have less time farming this *** idiocy. Seriosuly who was that genius that thought sticky vauban mines are fun? I want to look him in the eyes and spit in his face.

Цитата

Coming to you this Friday, for a limited time only is the Sands of Inaros quest.

Bringing solo anything other than Nekros makes the mission not worth doing.

Edited by -Temp0-

I recently went Vega farming (solo) with relatively basic stuff and it went well. I managed to get 3-4 without any booster (even tho I had my Smeeta with me. It just didn't work as intended...) in about half an hour or less. 

I used Rhino (Full PS and PD, no Ironclad Charge) with a simple Stradavar (with a mid-tier Riven) and didn't have much trouble dealing with the enemies. I simply fought until they started spawning 5-6 Combat/Scrambus/wtv at the time on top of Nulli Ospreys and all that stuff. When things where getting out of hand, I targeted the beacons (sometimes 1/2, sometimes all of them) so enemies would chill the F down. Then I would find a Crewman, trigger him with sassy dance moves until he drops a beacon and restart the fight. 

Probably not the most effective way of farming those, but it's way easier and epileptic-friendly, which is great if you want to farm AND have fun at the same time. 

Thing is, if you don't use Formas/Potatoes, you'll have trouble dealing with those Corpus no matter the weapons/frames. To make something good, you need to invest in it (the Void said it!). You don't need "the best stuff", like perfect Rivens and Primed Mods, but you would need, at the very least, a fully modded build that suits the fight you're about to jump into. 

Oh and btw, unlike others who said "take a weapon that can one shot them", I suggest bringing a good Full-Auto or Burst weapon with decent Ammo economy (unless you use the Carrier instead of a Smeeta) to shred the Nulli bubbles that might appear in front of the Shield Ospreys that provides them. Happened to me quite often, and since I was using Rhino I didn't wanted to enter those bubbles and lose my Iron Skin and/or Roar buff just for one enemy.