Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank Up

BigCountry2015

1 minute ago, BigCountry2015 said:

Yes one big joke and one big waste of time

the funny part is that most of these tests have nothing to do with whats actually in the game. the game for the most part is just defend a point kill enemies or defend a target. the tutorial for parkour will teach you all you need to know about using the system everything else is just learning through practice.

i think DE thinks its a cool thing but it is imo an annoyance. if people had to take a test every time they put forma in their warframe or gun you see alot of people saying its ridiculous.

9 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

this is a joke right? you know what i did for MR26 test? i used limbo ran around capping the moving points. the MR tests are mostly a joke.

Sure, they are a joke. And you can say that, but only if you passed the test. Because then you know what you are talking about. The OP is bad at video games and failed an easy test multiple times. That's why je can't call the tests a hole.

5 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Sure, they are a joke. And you can say that, but only if you passed the test. Because then you know what you are talking about. The OP is bad at video games and failed an easy test multiple times. That's why je can't call the tests a hole.

there is no reason for a 24hr lock out. what they could do is, everytime you fail you have to pass the practice test in order to retake the test. this game is not so hard that you can say hes bad at video games because you dont know him or what video games hes played or even his playstyle.

there is equipment in this game that literally makes MR tests trivial. as ive said for the (i think it was) 23 and 26 test i used limbo they were both "capture moving target while being under assault"

3 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

there is no reason for a 24hr lock out. what they could do is, everytime you fail you have to pass the practice test in order to retake the test. this game is not so hard that you can say hes bad at video games because you dont know him or what video games hes played or even his playstyle.

there is equipment in this game that literally makes MR tests trivial. as ive said for the (i think it was) 23 and 26 test i used limbo they were both "capture moving target while being under assault"

Yea spend 8 years on star trek online and 6 years on neverwinter D&D then come to this game and go wtf was someone thinking people got real lives here, 24 hours for what, and yea that wouldn't be a bad idea for failed Mastery Rank up, force you to go take practice test inorder to be able to repeat without a 24 hour CD and no this game isn't hard if you can get 8 warframes in like a week of game play and have 2 more frames on the way, I meen that should tell you right there this game isn't difficult if I can do all that in a weeks time, but coming across certain things that aren't self explanatory from the get go cause lead to annoyances such as this

10 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

simmer down there tiger. if you arent going to be constructive dont say anything?

Just LOL and you keep defending the OP. Waiting 24 hours to pass a MR test doesn't need changing as the OP doesn't loose affinity if he/she doesn't pass it, all affinity just carries over regardless. OP just needs to practice the Test before taking them. Nothing wrong with punishing the player for 24 hours. Warframe has little to no punishment for players as is. 

Bet OP takes the test a little more seriously next time.

tumblr_ozna6tmuPq1vg1enro1_500.gif

Sums up this thread nicely. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

1 hour ago, EinheriarJudith said:

simmer down there tiger. if you arent going to be constructive dont say anything?

🤔 Now I'm wondering why you would do that. Because it wasn't about you, was it? And your response wasn't constructive, was it? 

I mean the cynical bastard in me, whoever doesn't really trust people on the Internet to be what they claim is really suspicious about it right now. Just saying. 

Edited by (PS4)guzmantt1977

Just now, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

🤔 Now I'm wondering why you would do that. Because it wasn't about you, was it? And your response wasn't constructive, was it? 

I mean they cynical bastard whoever doesn't really trust people on the Internet to be what they claim is really suspicious about it right now. Just saying. 

stay on topic please. this post was completely unecessary.

1 minute ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

As was this one. Why are you trolling so hard? Anything you want to discuss about what's actually going on here? 

stay.. on.. topic... is that to hard to do? ive already discussed whats going on gave my opinion of why 24hr lock out is bad, gave a solution to it, and helped the player find weapons to deal with the problem. move along.

2 hours ago, BigCountry2015 said:

Well That's your opinion and your entitled to it here is my opinion mastery rank up system is 6 years old and sucks major ass and needs major changes or just removal from the system or the option to bypass the quest by paying platinum should be added, none of the mastery rank up quests are needed to play this game and should not be required at all, again this could be done automatically without those mastery rank up quests, if they are going to keep the system make it look like a real fight not a simulation, and someone said thousands of customers completing this it should be millions, coming from someone who has been playing MMOs for 10 years and played many different games with systems like this, this particular system is ment to slow you down and hinder you from making platinum till you are rank 8 just cause of riven mods lol that's the only thing iv seen the system is doing hindering you from making additional platinum off of items you have already farmed, so in reality the Mastery rank up system is hindering DE from making more platinum because more people would be willing to spend cash to get more platinum to make purchases from more players who now have the ability to trade because they are not hindered or slowed down or stopped from trading by a mastery rank up system, that inturn will create more of a player base and retain more customers for longer periods of time for those players who want to just play the game and not be Tested at every corner, its a game not a SAT Exam, I honestly dgaf how you guys want to play, if you want to do mastery rank up quests fine but give people the option to either bypass with platinum or play the quest and risk 24 hour cds and waste of time of day its honestly simple as that

Stop getting your jimmies rustled and just practice in the mastery rank simulations in the simaris room. It's not that DE want to test you at every corner it's just like every progression system in every mmo ever. Mastery Rank tests don't even take that long to complete, they probably take at least 5 - 10 min to complete, compared to the rest of the game. You can't compare the game to an SAT Exam because it isn't ALSO your literally telling me that you would like to spend money on a free game to pass an obstacle that doesn't make you pay any money to get past. Honestly that's really sad  

1 minute ago, EinheriarJudith said:

stay.. on.. topic... is that to hard to do? ive already discussed whats going on gave my opinion of why 24hr lock out is bad, gave a solution to it, and helped the player find weapons to deal with the problem. move along.

Apparently it is, otherwise you wouldn't be trying to troll the thread now, now would you? Like I said, the whole thing is looking more and more suspect the more you do that. 

You really ought to, just not. 

9 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Apparently it is, otherwise you wouldn't be trying to troll the thread now, now would you? Like I said, the whole thing is looking more and more suspect the more you do that. 

You really ought to, just not. 

you might be the one who fell for it already unless you’re both trolling 🤣

1 hour ago, EinheriarJudith said:

Thank you for the laughs. I appreciate them greatly.

Also, you seem to be missing some punctuation and capitalization.

19 hours ago, Suncake said:

You know that you can practice mastery challenges at Simaris' room infinitely?

Yeah what he said, but I dont think you should be forced back to relay if you fail the practice. That constant loading makes people shy away from practice.

20 hours ago, BigCountry2015 said:

hey either get rid of the failed cooldown timer or get rid of the Timer in the missions for mastery rank up Just lame that rank 6 to 7 doesn't even say verbally its going to be a timed missions and wind up auto failing a lot so please fix that and get rid of cooldown timers on mastery rank up because its very lame and suckssss baddd yea just smfh and or add more time something because 3 days in a row it automaticly failed on me and couldn't figure out WTF until I asked someone and they said it had stupid low timer on it

Keep failing it until you pass it dont stress it, mastery rank that you get even if failing a test carries over. No worries, no stress, do it at your own pace and time.

I didnt pass my MR 14 test for like a year mainly because I stopped trying after like 4 fails but dont worry you'll get it

Edited by SunsetRain

Honestly there is no real reason not to just streamline the practice tests into the actual test. 

Just allow people to keep retrying until they get it, which is functionally what we have now with the separate practice tests except the separate practice tests are just cludgy and unnecessary. Keep the 24hr cool down on successful completion and you get the best of all worlds. Players that aren't as frustrated because they failed the test and get to needlessly wait 24hrs to retry it and DE keeps their 24hr timegate to prevent people from burning through multiple MR levels in a single day. 

Spoiler

I humbly await the brain trust "in the real world you don't get to take the bar exam endlessly until you pass it, you'd be a horrible lawyer" to which I will pre-reply both 

1. Then it's a good thing Warframe isn't the real world isn't it
  2. Tho if we where to equate this to an actual real world test it would need to be on a fixed schedule at a specific time and on a specific date and if you didn't login to warframe during that window, you just missed out until next month/years MR qualification test. 

Warframe is meant to be entertaining and all the cooldown on failure does is add a layer of irritation that doesn't need to be there. If they aren't ready for the test they will figure that out in the first dozen or so attempts and move on until they are. Just let em retake it as many times as they like and maybe instead of projecting their irritation over the timer onto the MR test itself. Which is most of the complaints I see, which read as "This MR test is stupid" when the real issue is "I hate the timeout".

I like the cooldown. It makes it so you can't just brute force the test by taking it 17 times an hour until you beat it. It forces you to take a step back, and plan for the test. Think about why you failed, and come up with a way to do better. Rinse and repeat if needed.Can't find enemies? Some sort of enemy radar. Dying too much? More health/shields. Keep falling off the map? Brush up on your parkour skills. Etc.

7 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

I can say that he is bad, because of this thread.
He wouldn't rant and cry like a child, if he was good. If he was, he would practice the test and get it done.
He didn't do that, not even after we gave him advice multiple times. He just keeps ranting.
If he was good, he would have asked for advice. But he came here bashing on the tests, and therefore bashing on DE.