Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

AleqThunder

1 hour ago, Walkampf said:

There is a huuuge difference between those two things,

If he was contributing, then no issue.

If he was trying, then he didn't, thus he played content he should not yet play. If he stayed anyway and got the rewards despite not contributen, then he was leeching.

Not in my eyes. Because someone who is trying to contribute, can easily be taught how to do it better. Just casting a buff on teammates can make a world of difference, despite the numbers not showing it. Support frames often get heat for how "little" they contributed to a mission. But without a Trinity, Harrow or Oberon, most Eidolon hunts after the Terry are a pain, why? Because they don't have to do the killing to be useful to me while I'm blasting away and dealing with the objectives. 

On the other hand, someone who is unwilling to help me, can know exactly what they should be doing, and be capable of doing it, but refuses to be of any use. That's what a leech is. 

I'm pretty sure that Fallen_Echo there has explained enough times that this isn't really a co-op shooter as much as a shared instance shooter most of the time. 

And most of the time he's right, but when the players are too weak to get to the job done on their own, that's when they're forced to play it as a co-operative shooter. As long as they are willing to, and try to pitch in, then they aren't leechers. 

vor 7 Minuten schrieb (PS4)guzmantt1977:

Because someone who is trying to contribute, can easily be taught how to do it better. Just casting a buff on teammates can make a world of difference, despite the numbers not showing it. Support frames often get heat for how "little" they contributed to a mission.

I do agree to this.

HOWEVER, the OP never said anything about playing a support warframe and If he had played any Warframe with support abilities (and used them to support, of course) hardly anybody whould become angry. So, even if he reads this and now claims retroactivly that he had the reaction of the reporting player shows that the OP did nothing in this sort..

Since that other person got angry it's save to assume that the OP did not play support. And so, while agree with you, the discribed kind of player is not the kind of player in question, thus it's irrevelant if some players are actuallys trying their best to compensate their weaker equipment. The OP did npthing like this to support the group.

vor 17 Minuten schrieb (PS4)guzmantt1977:

Fallen_Echo there has explained enough times that this isn't really a co-op shooter as much as a shared instance shooter most of the time. 

Everthing besides Free-roam version of the Plains and Valis has a very certain goal which the players reach. Even if they are not explicitly working together, they still work towards the same goal by the very action of joining the mission, alert or bounty.

vor 21 Minuten schrieb (PS4)guzmantt1977:

but when the players are too weak to get to the job done on their own

Well, sure, this is fine when you team up with players before. But the mission wasn't a pre-made group, it was public. The OP was to weak and simply expected the other players to clean up his mess instead of talking to them up front.

And this very attitude the the very same as that of a leacher.

On 2018-12-04 at 1:22 PM, AleqThunder said:

I mean I am MR14 and I can barely kill 1 lvl 40 tusk on POE

wait wut? If your MR14, you shouldnt even be having trouble with lv40s. You shouldnt jus focus on lving stuff up to increase your Mastery rank but more importantly focus on maxing out mods, builds etc. High MR dont mean anything if your having trouble with lv 40s. 

15 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

Since that other person got angry it's save to assume that the OP did not play support.

Thats never a safe assuption, i were called a leech in a sortie assasination before with limbo. Long story short i forgot to re-equip my good equipment after a bow only condition so i couldnt deal any damage to the Hyenas, instead of just dying continously i spammed energy restores and picked up everybody who died. I amassed atleast 18 revives in that round and the player who had 3% contribution on a dps frame called me a leech for not doing anything valuable.

Not even us could agree what a leech is actually, so its not safe to base our judgements on someones agression.

18 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

Since that other person got angry it's save to assume that the OP did not play support.

That's not safe to assume at all. 

As I demonstrated above with the acolyte mission story, some people will always find a reason to be angry with you. Even when you're doing the right thing. 

Not too long ago I did a Teralyst hunt, and a high MR player asked me if it was my "first time hunting the Eidolons", because they didn't bring the lures by the time I had solo'd the first joint. (I was last through the door, there were already 2 lures captured, by the time the hunt was over we had 4 left.)

I was going pretty slowly, but realised that they probably trying to fill the lures out in the boonies and capturing more and more lures as they went, and weren't going to be able to get there before the second joint. So rather than waste that time, I shot it out, hopped in the archwing and marked the new location. By the time the first lure got to me I'd taken out the shields. 

The ironic part is that I did most of the work in the hunt, and have hundreds of captures, while this person had single digits. 

But they thought that they knew what should be and took offense because I wasn't doing what they thought it was. 

18 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

And this very attitude the the very same as that of a leacher.

No, no it is not. He said that he mined for one thing and returned to the bounty ASAP. He did indicate that he believes that his individual contribution wouldn't be be much, but not that he didn't intend to try and contribute. 

13 minutes ago, (PS4)AZN_RH said:

wait wut? If your MR14, you shouldnt even be having trouble with lv40s. You shouldnt jus focus on lving stuff up to increase your Mastery rank but more importantly focus on maxing out mods, builds etc. High MR dont mean anything if your having trouble with lv 40s. 

That's true. 

21 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Long story short i forgot to re-equip my good equipment after a bow only condition so i couldnt deal any damage to the Hyenas, instead of just dying continously i spammed energy restores and picked up everybody who died. I amassed atleast 18 revives in that round and the player who had 3% contribution on a dps frame called me a leech for not doing anything valuable.

That's what I meant when I said that a lot of the time the people making those sorts of accusations are often more toxic than the actual leeches. 

It's probably a case of Dunning-Kruger effect, where they're actually so incompetent themselves that they can't even recognise what it actually looks like. Like the one in that recent hunt who called me out, was inexperienced, and so didn't recognise why anyone would do what I was doing, or how slowly I was going, trying to allow them to get their lures to the Eidolon. Heck I was even holding off on shooting the vomvalysts Terry was calling, just so we could charge the first one on the scene. 

All he would have seen is someone popping the joint before the lures were in place, and having to "waste" time taking out the additional shields that he has been told isn't best practice under ideal circumstances. 

vor 19 Minuten schrieb (PS4)guzmantt1977:

No, no it is not. He said that he mined for one thing and returned to the bounty ASAP. He did indicate that he believes that his individual contribution wouldn't be be much, but not that he didn't intend to try and contribute. 

I think I already wrote it, but just in case, I'll repeat myself, I don't think this is about mining one node, I think it's the whole thing:

- Not being able to deal damage

- Not helpin in another way

-The mining might very well just be the icing on the cake. The straw that broke the camels back.

vor 25 Minuten schrieb Fallen_Echo:

Long story short i forgot to re-equip my good equipment after a bow only condition so i couldnt deal any damage to the Hyenas, instead of just dying continously i spammed energy restores and picked up everybody who died.

There are several differences in your case to the OPs case, you tried to help out in other ways. And judging from the way you talk, I'm also sure you whould have communicated your mistake if somebody had asked you. mistakes can happen to anybody.

It's quite the save bet that the OP did nothing of that sort. And writing in the forum might very well be his guilty conscience, realising that what he did was not OK. The OP is now simply playing the role of the victim in order to justify his bahaviour here since if a support person whould actually act on the report he whouldn't have a chance left to defend himself.

And regarding the assumtion, yes, I'm assuming in this point. But the things just fit together to perfect.

Don't worry, no blind justice or any kind of justice is needed because that person was just talking out of...well, they were just trying to scare you. As a rule of thumb, I don't listen to people in chat who say stuff like "I'm gonna get you banned" or "reported" In fact depending on my mood I may just do the mission super slow just to make them angrier.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb (PS4)guzmantt1977:

This is where you have strayed from the path. 

What was written suggests that they can't deal the damage alone. Not that they couldn't/didn't help in any other way.

You made a bad assumption. 

I don't think so.

Please think about it, he came most likely here to justify his behaviour since he feared there whould be consecquences. He even wrote that he added "unnecessary things". So, why not something that actually helps his case? That is of course if the reporter also added screenshots of the chatlog that could prove that he did nothing to help then he whould shoot himself in the foot by lying here.

Am 4.12.2018 um 22:22 schrieb AleqThunder:

bearbeitet Dienstag um 22:34 von AleqThunder
I added unnecessary things

And then there is somethingh else he wrote:

Am 4.12.2018 um 22:22 schrieb AleqThunder:

(...)when you don't matter at all ( I mean I am MR14 and I can(...)

As it was stated by others,players very much matter if they support the team through other means than by pure damage, the OP instead wrote very explicitly

when you don't matter at all

Even throwing 2-3 E-plates during a bounty series is helping a lot, if he had done anthing at all, then he whould have not written it this explicit.

46 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

I don't think so.

As I said previously, you can disagree but that doesn't change a thing. You are inventing motives for someone based on why you think someone might do something. Just like the high MR noob who asked me if it was my first time. It was a bad assumption. 

47 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

He even wrote that he added "unnecessary things".

If you paid attention to the other posts you would see that they made some sort of request to "find justice". That's superfluous and unnecessary as indicated by the first response he got. 

I mean I know that it was edited out nearly half an hour before you joined, but it really isn't hard to spot. Deciding that it was nefarious is not a very sensible thing to have done. 

52 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

As it was stated by others,players very much matter if they support the team through other means than by pure damage, the OP instead wrote very explicitly

when you don't matter at all

Even throwing 2-3 E-plates during a bounty series is helping a lot, if he had done anthing at all, then he whould have not written it this explicit.

Uh, given the overly plaintive request for justice based on the rather trollish "imma get you permanently banned from the game you leech"? I'm going to be going with "this kid is just prone to an overly dramatic writing style, and like yourself and Fallen_Echo may not be a native English speaker".

Just bumped into this thread due to a link in another.

What on earth does being MR14 have to do with any of your ability to hurt a level 40 Tusk? MR14 is a very limited indication of power, you should likely look over your mods and weapons. By MR14 you have access to most weapons in the game and few of them that are at MR15 are actually needed. You should be able to have a build far earlier than that which can take care of anything the game throws at you.

vor 13 Minuten schrieb (PS4)guzmantt1977:

You are inventing motives for someone based on why you think someone might do something.

Haha, yeah, maybe I got a bit carried away.

Anyway, I stick with, he is a leecher and he joined a high ranking mission fully aware of the fact that he whould not be able to help, even if he wanted to. IF he wanted to.

And I'm really glad, that there a several people addressing the fact that MR14 already gives you enough options to deal with Lvl40 enemies. It just shows all the more that the OP never intended to actually help his team.

9 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

Anyway, I stick with, he is a leecher and he joined a high ranking mission fully aware of the fact that he whould not be able to help, even if he wanted to. IF he wanted to.

And I'm really glad, that there a several people addressing the fact that MR14 already gives you enough options to deal with Lvl40 enemies. It just shows all the more that the OP never intended to actually help his team.

Like I said at the start, you can if you like, but that doesn't change anything. 

He never said that he couldn't contribute at all, just that he believes that as a "low level" he would have a hard time taking them on alone. 

Also in that first post I made here, was a point of saying that at MR 14, they should be able to handle most of the things that the plains can throw at him but like Fallen_Echo I do recognise that people can get to MR 14 without farming a bunch of the things that would help to make a meta build that would help him to trivialise the plains content:

Also at MR 14 you should be able to take on the vast majority of what the plains can throw at you. 

You've got access to the weapons, and frames that can help boost your damage, or make you survive all that they throw at you. Sounds like you might not have spent time coming up with a decently formad set of equipment. You should definitely work on that, ASAP. 

2 hours ago, Walkampf said:

There are several differences in your case to the OPs case, you tried to help out in other ways. And judging from the way you talk, I'm also sure you whould have communicated your mistake if somebody had asked you. mistakes can happen to anybody.

It's quite the save bet that the OP did nothing of that sort. And writing in the forum might very well be his guilty conscience, realising that what he did was not OK. The OP is now simply playing the role of the victim in order to justify his bahaviour here since if a support person whould actually act on the report he whouldn't have a chance left to defend himself.

And regarding the assumtion, yes, I'm assuming in this point. But the things just fit together to perfect.

From what i read in the OP he did the exact same as me, the only difference is that i as a limbo cant really do anything else in a sortie. Unless OP was a limbo i doubt he could do any kind of contribution what wouldnt get some guy riled up that hes leeching.

Last week i seen a guy flippin S#&$ because there was an mr3 guy in our hydron run, probably taxied by the other mr20 guy. He tried his very best what is obviously nothing especially since i was mag nuking the whole map and still....the low mr was called an afk leech and the guy who brought him here a troll.

Sadly elitism often takes in great role in what and who will be perceived as a leech, what results in twisted viewpoints appearing all around the forums.

In fact i would agree with you that OP sounds a bit sketchy but the years here and ingame have taught me that regardless how many time people say how great our community is we are nothing more than small lifeboats swimming on a lake of industrial waste.

On 2018-12-04 at 4:22 PM, AleqThunder said:

( I mean I am MR14 and I can barely kill 1 lvl 40 tusk on POE)

I just want to say my argument was that he was a leeching on a very low severity and was offering him advice how to improve his play to contribute. 

Bottom line is he did leech a bit but it wasn’t enough to warrant any punishment as he did cooperate with his team mostly 

I just disagree in how walk is approaching this but I think he is in the POE trap hence why a mr14 can’t at least be average in this level so he should definitely go to the the star chart bulk up and return when he is ready for content 

don’t queue for something if you aren’t willing to provide something for the team whether it be damage or utiliy

I also think OP is exaggerating when he says he can barely kill a lvl 40 tusk because to me it sounds like a lvl 40 tusk to him is a nox to me otherwise he needs most of the clip of an entire gun to kill them he needs to clarify this point

Because 30 seconds is nothing to me when I have no problem going to the bathroom and missing an entire bounty stage (walk-sama go easy on me) but maybe a bad analogy because even then I  usually bring mesa and can solo bounties so I probably get a pass

in Conclusion, yes he leeched was it really that serious not really. OP get better gear 

1 hour ago, (PS4)BloodyXSavageX said:

I just disagree in how walk is approaching this but I think he is in the POE trap hence why a mr14 can’t at least be average in this level so he should definitely go to the the star chart bulk up and return when he is ready for content 

Yes and no. Some of the really nice mods come out of the plains bounties. Those definitely make their star chart content easier. 

I took a more laid back approach, and did a lot of plains stuff as I was going along, and it paid off. From what I understand of people doing their speed runs to complete the star chart, some of the plains rewards are pretty useful if you have them. 

So it can go either way. 

On 2018-12-05 at 3:57 AM, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

It isn't

The listed Reporting Options Ingame are:

Spam

Harassment

Offensive Language

Offensive Name

Real Life Threats

Now that's InGame; in theory someone could Manually Contact DE customer service by email or phone and tell them X player was leeching. But that's kind of wasting the customer service rep's time. The Reporting Options DE has provided are no accident; those are the items that they feel are serious enough to be worth reporting.

Yes, ingame there's only options to report for anything that has to do with the chat.
On support.warframe.com you get plenty of more options. One section is called Report Player or Hack. The subcategories don't have anything on buggering off and not contributing to the mission, but you could always leave it at none.

All in all, I find it extremly unacceptable to join a bounty mission and expect others to work for you. I'm not getting payed by such people, so they can just bugger off/should be reprimanded for their behaviour. (Guess some people just don't want to lift together)
If DE changed it so that caught fish and mined ore were shared, then the whole situation would be different - but I do not see that in the foreseeable future.

5 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

That's what I meant when I said that a lot of the time the people making those sorts of accusations are often more toxic than the actual leeches.

Yep. Releveling your frame on an appropriate level mission, and forgot it was set to "public" and some crabby person came in complaining that you should learn how to play the game before playing publicly ... all because a synthesis target showed up and you are trying to trap it and all his PTW "git gud" self died.

In other games leeches are folks dragging in alts and trying to 2 box the instance, requiring others to compensate for one less party member (i.e., tanks and their own personal healer that doesn't heal anyone but himself).

Or MR14 players with only 17 kills in defense and mobs of infested attacking the device, while Mr. Sweet Cheeks just stands there, while his MR21 "main" tries to steal your kills to look pretty.....

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Player was marked, by subjective opinion of Paparazzi, as a Leecher, but the potentional Leecher is a Whale while Informer never spent, isn’t spending and will not spend single Cent to game. Who is more important for game?

That's a wrong way of looking at it. The term "whales" is a derogatory name used in the game industry in FTP/PTW games in the first place.

But the problem is BOTH can be bad for the game. I used to play a FTP game that once was popular until it went TOO far with it's PTW schemes (having to buy healing pots to survive; and "VIP" access with the devs for $1,200/mon for their ear and tailored game. Meanwhile, the devs looked the other way for all the exploits/cheating and other tomfoolery they got away with. I went back a couple years later. The game was dying dead. Want to know by how much? They PAID players credit to keep the game from totally dying. Farming? The devs built in a bot into the game so players could farm to their liking. Well, I saw how the dark side operated [the bot was pretty sophisticated, with numerous conditionals. You could tell it when to use a healing pot at what percentage of health; what to keep; what to discard. The "whales" got their game as they wanted and the FTP players left, to where only the "whales" were left, and being "whales" that never get their hands dirty farming, got the devs to make them a farming bot. I left for good. Glad I did, because months later I returned to that email account I used JUST for that game. Guess what I found? Blizzard emails about terminating an account I never owned ... for botting. I don't have any respect for that crap, moreso a game company in cahoots WITH botting, too).

22 hours ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

That's a wrong way of looking at it. The term "whales" is a derogatory name used in the game industry in FTP/PTW games in the first place.

But the problem is BOTH can be bad for the game. I used to play a FTP game that once was popular until it went TOO far with it's PTW schemes (having to buy healing pots to survive; and "VIP" access with the devs for $1,200/mon for their ear and tailored game. Meanwhile, the devs looked the other way for all the exploits/cheating and other tomfoolery they got away with. I went back a couple years later. The game was dying dead. Want to know by how much? They PAID players credit to keep the game from totally dying. Farming? The devs built in a bot into the game so players could farm to their liking. Well, I saw how the dark side operated [the bot was pretty sophisticated, with numerous conditionals. You could tell it when to use a healing pot at what percentage of health; what to keep; what to discard. The "whales" got their game as they wanted and the FTP players left, to where only the "whales" were left, and being "whales" that never get their hands dirty farming, got the devs to make them a farming bot. I left for good. Glad I did, because months later I returned to that email account I used JUST for that game. Guess what I found? Blizzard emails about terminating an account I never owned ... for botting. I don't have any respect for that crap, moreso a game company in cahoots WITH botting, too).

Around 90% F2P games playerbase are not willing to spend money, their purpose in game is to attract and hold players willing to pay (whales and new players preferably) big game as long as possible. If this “I’m watching you” trend, closely followed by “Goto Solo”, will continue and grow, WF will, soon or later, hit the scenario you mentioned because company must compensate money loss. That’s what I don’t want, I can bet that you also, to see it will happen.