Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When enemies gets to powerful, how do i get the power so stop them?

Weeeedle

Question

So, i’ve seen many of these but im not so much of a 24/7 player so i don’t understand myself so much on warframe even though im mastery rank 11, but i’ve always had a problem with the lvl 50+ enemies with my, not that i can’t kill them but it takes a while with my weapons, probably because i don’t have the right mods for taking out armor, i am a newbie indeed, my Excalibur takes out enemies in lvl 85 Just fine but which are the best weapons and mods i can get hold on to? (For my mastery rank)

my weapons with modding:

Vectis-serration, splitchamber, hammershot, eagleeye, speedtrigger, wild fire, fast hands

Hystrix-gunslinger, stunning speed, seeker, lerhaltig torrent, hornet strike, pathogen rounds

Cassowar-shimmering blight, rending strike,vicious frost, volcanic edge, heavy trauma, fury, spoiled strike, north wind, pressure point

I have 6 forma, but dunno how to put them out

how do i fix my loadout? 

No advanced words because i dunno them thx :)

6 answers to this question

Ok for which weapon are good, you can use this website as reference https://www.cephalonwannab.com/

My personal recommendation are:

Shotguns: Hek/ Vaykor Hek, Corinth, tigris Prime, Arca Plasmor

Rifle: Sybaris Prime, Soma Prime, Tenora, Tiberon Prime, Prisma Grakatta

2ndary: Kitguns, pyranna prime, vasto and akvasto

Melee: Zaws, gram prime, galatine prime

I see you use sniper, so you probably want to try Rubicco and it's prime version. They are really really good

Again, those are my own personal choice, but if you want to know more, you can look at that website.

Oh and make sure you put orokin catalyst on those weapon as it gives double mod capacity on your weapon, so you can put more powerful mods.

About mods, there are some basic mods that you 100% put on all weapons. These are usually Damage (duh), Multishot, critical chance, and critical damage. The other mods can be elemental damage mods like Fever Strike (+90% Toxin), 60/60 mods like Malignant Force (+60% toxin + 60% Status Chance), or maybe rivens, or for primary, Vigilante Arnaments which add more multishot. Thats... kinda the basic modding, but there are actually more advance mods like Condition Overload (melee), Hunter Munition (primary), and so on. I'd recommend you watch LeyzarGaming videos on youtube as he explain modding quite thoroughly in his guides. I'll put one of his videos here.

Good luck!!

Edited by kingvaldemir

14 minutes ago, Weeeedle said:

Vectis-serration, splitchamber, hammershot, eagleeye, speedtrigger, wild fire, fast hands

Hammershot is almost never good, in high crit weapon it has its reason but definitely not in a Vectis, Don't even know what Eagle Eye or Wild Fire fo w/o checking the Wiki...also bad. And absolutely no need for Fire Rate. Vectis is a Sniper not a Rifle

Use: Serration, Split Chamber, V.Armament, 2x 90 mods for element + 60/60 mod, Vital Sense, Point Strike 

19 minutes ago, Weeeedle said:

Hystrix-gunslinger, stunning speed, seeker, lerhaltig torrent, hornet strike, pathogen rounds

Same for the first 3 mods here

hystrix.jpg

20 minutes ago, Weeeedle said:

Cassowar-shimmering blight, rending strike,vicious frost, volcanic edge, heavy trauma, fury, spoiled strike, north wind, pressure point

Drop Rending Strike  and Heavy Trauma. Use Blood Rush and Drifting Contact/Body Count. Maybe switch Fury for Berserker

14 minutes ago, Weeeedle said:

Vectis

That's a Crit weapon, you want Point Strike & Vital Sense (Hammer Shot is meh).

Also, more elemental damage Mods. E.g. Corrosive is a strong all-round element.

If you can't stand the Vectis' single shot magazine, dunno if it's worth it to try to "fix" that over just piling on more damage.

And as for Eagle Eye ... huh, I never found myself lacking for zoom even on the Plains / Vallis,
you know that Snipers can increase / cycle their zoom level via Secondary Fire while aiming, right?

20 minutes ago, Weeeedle said:

Hystrix

Barrel Diffusion is (among with HS and LT) one of the "mandatory" Secondary Mods, get that.

More Fire Rate than what Lethal Torrent already gives is ~situational on Secondaries I'd say,
more damage (again, elemental Mods FTW) should come first.

22 minutes ago, Weeeedle said:

Cassowar

aaah don't mod for Blast lol

and +Puncture +Impact on a Slash status weapon noooo

Mods are what REALLY makes a weapon powerful. The weapon is like the plate and the mods are the things you put on it.

General modding order for high damage (which most people build for):

1. Damage mod (Serration, Point Blank, Hornet Strike, Pressure Point)

2. Multishot mod(s) (Split Chamber, Hell's Chamber, Barrel Diffusion, Lethal Torrent)

If you have a crit weapon (usually >20% critical chance & >2x critical damage)

3. Critical chance mods (Point Strike, Blunderbuss, Pistol Gambit, True Steel (most people use Blood Rush, but that is harder to get))

4. Critical damage mods (Vital Sense, Ravage, Target Cracker, Organ Shatter)

5/6. 2 elemental mods (Hellfire, Stormbringer, Cryo Rounds, Infected Clip, etc.)

- Which kind of elemental mod varies if you want damage (Hellfire) or status (Thermite Rounds) or utility (Wildfire)

- You want to go for a combination which work well against the faction you are fighting :

- Grineer : Corrosive or Radiation

- Corpus : Magnetic or pure Toxin (1 or 2 toxin mods)

- Infected : Corrosive

- Corrosive (electric + toxin) is a good general combo that works well against all factions.

7/8/(3/4). Whatever else you want (1-2 leftover mods for crit weapons, 3-4 leftover mods for non-crit weapons)

- More elemental mods for more damage and/or more elements

- More damage or multishot mods (the later-game ones where they provide a smaller boost, but a boost nonetheless)

- Specialty mods (Hunters Munitions for specific weapon builds)

- Utility mods (punch through, fire rate, reload, zoom, magazine capacity, magazine size, ammo mutation, etc.)

Edited by DeathshotSE

Your mods like eagle eye and fast hands are utility / QOL mods and should only go in if you have space and need the benefit they provide. On the Vectis eagle eye is a waste; you have plenty zoom. 

As for any mod that boosts Impact / Slash / Puncture; only use them if that element is over 75% of the total damage. The way damage is calculated you always get more "oomph" from a 90% element mod than 90% slash (for example) If your gun has 20% crit or more always use the crit mods like Blunderbuss or Point Strike, if over 20% status use the 60/60 mods (60% status / 60% elemental) instead.

You want damage first, then multishot then the element mods. Depending on what the weapon favors either crit damage and crit chance or the dual stat 60/60 mods.

Mods are everything in this game!

As for forma make sure to put a polarity that you have high value mods for (v polarity is often a good start) and keep going until you have surplus mod points after putting in whatever you need! 

Edited by (PS4)death404

If you don't mind videos that require a little bit of reading, I highly recommend distantObserver's "How to Build" playlist on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLi8xLqHWyQOrNpqNywCiouYp7EMi3l5xP

Otherwise, you can look up MCGamerZ or LeyzarGamingViews and then search their channels for the weapon or warframe you're trying to build. Both of them tend to provide "new player friendly" builds that don't use rare mods at all, or else they'll give you other options to substitute for rare mods you don't have.

The basic principle of weapon modding that I think you're missing here is the idea of multipliers. Every weapon needs to have the +X% base damage mod and at least one multishot mod, which you're already got, so that's a good start. But the elemental mods apply their  +X% [Type] Damage between base damage mods and multishot.

Which is to say that your weapon's damage for shot comes from taking the base damage, multiplying it first by 265% from Serration, then multiplying by 190% again from (for example) Infected Clip. Multishot is random, like crits, but we can treat its contribution like a further multiplication after Elemental mods: in the case of Split Chamber, that would be kind of like multiplying by 160% (80% chance to do double damage). The upshot is this:

Serration + Multishot = Base Damage * 265% * 160% = Base Damage * 424%

Serration + Infected Clip + Multishot = Base Damage * 265% * 190% * 160% = Base Damage * ~806%

In other words, don't neglect your elemental damage!!!