Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I mainly use one weapon or have multiple?

_Frown_

Question

11 answers to this question

This is entirely up to you. If you have enough slots, you can keep ALL THE GUNS, but if you don't really care about variety, you might as well keep just one of every type of weapon (sniper, shotgun, bow, etc.) you'll need it later in the game. There's no real benefit in having many weapons aside from having multiple options.

I like to have variety in my weapons + keep all the prime, vandals, wraiths etc but if you're short on slots then keep a few of your best weapons at any one time.  Maybe 3 primaries, 2 secondaries at min and 2 melees.  This game is a looter-shooter though so if you are able to spend a bit of money or get items to trade I would recommend investing in slots.  I find the game gets boring when there isn't a range of items I can choose from.

Really depend on your personal preference, as well as weapon strength and performance, 

remember in sortie you might have restrictions to bow only or sniper only, so the variety of weapons you can keep should 
be reasonably diversed for the mission types and mission whenever possible.

It really depends on how much you care about Mastery Rank and if you want to play Sorties. You can generally fudge the sorties restrictions with a warframe with an exalted weapon, but you can't get away from needing to level weapons to reach the next levels of Mastery. Until they add something else you will need to keep ranking up weapons until the rank 15/16 area if you want to unlock everything. The only real issue with that is if you want to waste the mats and time by destroying a weapon to make space for a new one over and over, it is not that big a deal for most of the weapons but there are a few that are harder to get then others that you may not want to do that with most of them are Prime/Vandal/Wraith/Prisma versions of other weapons you are likely to get at some point, but there are also a few like the AK/Twin secondaries or weapons that require other weapons to build where it is just a hassle to reacquire them.

That said my advice is to find a small collection of weapons you like and spend the time and forma on making them the best they can be. You don't have to be stuck with the shotgun, rifle, sniper, bow, melee, secondary types if you don't want as like I said you can work around those with the proper warframes. If you like headshots but don't like snipers there are scoped pistols, one handed beam weapons, one handed rocket launchers, one handed shotguns they are all counted as secondaries but they all only use pistol ammo too so there are pros and cons to the whole thing.

If you like a weapon is more important then if the weapon is strong as you can make a weapon stronger you can't always make it more enjoyable. 

The proper way to play is to slowly build yourself up so that each of your favorite frames has their own weapon, riven, & arcane combinations such that they can be OP at the particular role you build them for, and look fabulous doing it.  That is when you have the slots, the catalysts & reactors, and the plat for the skins & sydanas.  For now, focus on just a couple and build up your MR.

It's mostly preference, I'd say if you can, try to diversify your arsenal especially because part of the way to get to higher mastery ranks is through trying all weapons.

And, because I like to add some role playing and aesthetics to my Warframe experience. So... Yeah, I have A LOT of weapon, warframe, loadout slots and fashionframe.

It makes the more grindy or less interesting moments of the game feel a lot more fun. 

For instance, with mesa prime coming out, I've been doing what I can to make some cowboy themed loadouts. Limbo can REALLY look like a cowboy with the right stuff on!

If you ever do sorties, you're going to have to have at least 1 each of 4 different types of primaries:

• Shotgun
  • Sniper Rifle
  • Bow
  • Assault Rifle (pretty much everything not in the above 3 is classified as an assault rifle)

This is because you can run into Sortie conditions that require these weapons exclusively.  You also need to have at least one pistol and melee, but I'm pretty sure the game prevents you from selling the last one you have of each of those.

Edited by VGPowerlord

Early days you should focus on getting at least one of each type, 

As you get better and start accumulating Plat, you should start using other weapons, it may not be the best but something you just like to use, fortunately even the crapiest weapon can hold its own on the star chart (and only the star chart) with the right mods and builds.

I have accumulated a lot of weapons over the years, few I switch between regularly that are usually my strongest weapons. 

Many I just use when I feel bored, like the sonicor (I miss the old one) or obex while screaming Ora Ora Ora Ora Ora 

i ll say, ruch mr 16 , so u can unlock all weapon requirement . just keep the things u enjoy ( and the prime because of the vault rotation ). When u hit the war within questline , i ll recommend to have 1 primary of each ( shotgun / sniper / assault rifle / bow) .