Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Somewhat New Player

(PSN)ArashiNex

Question

Hi, I been running into trouble recently, trying to do these mission. I'm currently 208 hr into the game and MR14, and have no clue what I'm doing. I been speed running to try to get to the sacrifice story, but after going through pluto, sedna, and the void, I hit into a wall. These mobs are killing me in 1-4 shots and breaking through my armor, shield, iron skin, and ice bubble so easily. I literally die in a few hits and waste all my 5 lives and have to abort. Most of the frame I have are mastered, but have no forma. I have Ash, Banshee, Chroma, Ember, Excalibur, Frost, Hydroid, Mag, Mesa, Nekros, Nezha, Nidus,Nova, Nyx, Oberon, Rhino, Saryn, Trinity, Valkyr, Vauban, Volt, and WuKong. Some help would be nice, I'm tired of getting frustrated because I died in a few hits, and having trouble killing mobs.

P.S I spend most of my time in-game crafting weapon and warframe and leveling them up for mastery, haven't started doing story/planet till recently.

Edited by (PS4)ArashiNex

1 minute ago, (PS4)ArashiNex said:

Frost/ I watched some video that suggested more range bubble? So I should max out hp, shield, and Armor? And intensify is the only strength mod I have. Doesn't duration affect how long the bubble last?

Never. Use. Shield. Mods. Like...never. They suggest being good, but we don't have shield gating and armor isn't affecting shields as well...so Frost will get like 1000 damage on his shields while only getting 200 damage on HP.

More Range on bubble = easier for Nullies to walk into it and just delete it.. And no Duration doesn't scale the bubble. Only Health, Armor and Strength. That's why his Prime is way better than on other frames (except Rhino).

Use only a larger bubble on Infested and maybe Grineer.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)ArashiNex said:

Excalibur/ What should I put in last slot?

Continuity or Constitution. Cuts down your energy costs a little bit

8 minutes ago, (PS4)ArashiNex said:

Banshee/ I think I try to use all 4? Mostly use 2 and 3 the most usually at the same time.

I used her 1 so little I actually don't even know what it is w/o looking at wiki lol. banshee has only has 15 Armor...don't waste a slot with Steel Fiber. Too little range as well for 2 and 3 to be effective and absolutely not suitable for her 4.  All 3 builds wants her Augment...so mixing all of them isn't a great idea.

Her 2 wants: Strength>Range>Duration

Her 3 wants: Duration>Range>Efficiency

Her 4 wants: Strength>Efficiency>Range

12 minutes ago, (PS4)ArashiNex said:

Ash/ So he's ok build?

No idea, tbh. My build for him is copied but I haven't used it, so I am not recommending it. 

14 minutes ago, (PS4)ArashiNex said:

Im thinking about trying out the Hek, as I keep hearing people talk about it. I'm currently using Soma/Tigeris Prime with Lex Prime and in my melee Scindo/Nikana Prime.

MR14...so let's see:

Tigris Prime: tight Build. Only one mod could be exchanged. Has to have 100% status chance...so all4 60/60 mods + mandatory damage mods + punch through

Hek is waaaaaaaay worse...like Hek is a Smart and Tigris Prime a Truck

If you like Assault Rifle: Tenora (Hitscan) or Supra Vandal (slug) both classic build. damage mods, 2x 90 elem mods for corrosive, crit chance/damage

Ignis Wraith: Beam which melts anything after 5-7 Forma

Vectis Prime/Opticor are also great

As for Secondaries I really liked the Sicarus Prime so much it almost went form 0% to most used

Synoid Gammacor can also melt anything.

Staticor alsmost makes anything go boom in a couple of hits

But with the new Kitguns...nothing can reach them...they are like...top

Same for Melee: only Atterax can compete with Zaws

If you want to see any of the builds I use: http://wegaming.de/gnarls/#readme

Lets start from the beginning shall we,

What are your two/three favourite frames right now?
I believe we can make anything work as long as we include a bit of skill and modding in there, so starting from what you prefer is going to be easier in order to guide you through it.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

7 minutes ago, (PS4)ArashiNex said:

I spend most of my time in-game crafting weapon and warframe and leveling them up for mastery

Hm, you may wanna toss in some post-Forma re-leveling sessions for stuff you wanna keep using.

The hunt for Mastery may be tantalizing but it's really, really not everything, far from it,
being able to (both knowledge and resource-wise) mod your gear correctly makes a huge difference.

Also, investing some time into Amps might be a good idea for The Sacrifice, just sayin' 😛 

• Like 1

@GnarlsDarkley Um mybad I didn't mean like the void void like relic stuff, i meant like the map in void, like for example I had just asked for help on Mithra cuz it was interception, cuz no one doing it. And I died and wasted all my health trying to keep a single point, the other guy had to carry me. We ended up failing, and he just told me just try to at least hold one point, and he'll handle the others.

@trunks013 I kinda stop using WuKong after getting him to 30, and moved onto the next frame to max out. 

@NinjaZeku I wanted to at first, but I don't know what polarity to put, if I messed up and have to reforma again. Are amps those things you have to kill Eldeleoin? I kinda stayed away from those, because I don't think i'm good enough to them, you know haven't beating story, no good mods, builds, weapons and have no idea what i'm doing. 

@(PS4)XxDarkyanxX I don't really have a "favorite" xD I just been collecting frames, leveling them up and moving onto the next weapon/frame to level up. But When I do defense related stuff I would use frost, any exterminate for Ash/Excalibur, and if i'm playing with friends Trinity, and I just started using banshee currently.

24 minutes ago, (PS4)ArashiNex said:

Um mybad I didn't mean like the void void like relic stuff, i meant like the map in void, like for example I had just asked for help on Mithra

I did know what you mean. And that's why my answer still applies T4 Void mission are: Aten, Marduk, Mithra and Mot. Enemies who appear in these maps (even if it is a Meso or Neo Relic mission) will have 3 times their normal damage (compared to other lv 40 enemies that is)

il y a 23 minutes, (PS4)ArashiNex a dit :

I don't really have a "favorite" xD I just been collecting frames, leveling them up and moving onto the next weapon/frame to level up. But When I do defense related stuff I would use frost, any exterminate for Ash/Excalibur, and if i'm playing with friends Trinity, and I just started using banshee currently.

That's fair, I can work from that.

The bottom line is this ; Relying solely on armor/hp and shield won't save you there as you'll never have enough effective survivability to "tank" all the damage that's thrown at you.
Warframe abilities will be your saving grace in high level content.
You will want to focus a lot of your modding space to your abilities and their most useful effects.

An intelligent use of ability will provide you with much needed survivability, for example Frost ;
Snow globe pushes enemies away, slows down the ones that try to enter it and provide you with a wall that stops bullet.
If your build can permit it, you can allow yourself to use a snowglobe everytime you decide to stop moving, it'll give you more time to shoot down these enemies.

Or there's the alternative of using avalanche instead, it'll prevent all nearby enemies from moving or shooting while dealing damage and removing their armor for a brief period of time.
It's effectively pretty spam-able, so you can refresh the "Stun" effect whenever you want.
This kind of strategy works for pretty much every type of mission.

You'll want to take a look at your abilities and find which one will let you survive longer, sometime it's Damage reduction, other time it's Crowd Control and in some case you just have warframes that kill so fast they don't even need to survive.
And once you've found them, try to adjust the stats ( Strength,Duration,efficiency,range ) to your liking with different mods.
I suggest looking into the warframe wiki to find the entire list of mods and drop places specifically for those stats as you'll need all of them to make the best of it.

To be noted, you can look at your Ability stats in the "Ability" menu while in the arsenal. That should give you a better heads-up number wise.

From what you've given me,
-Frost has Snowglobe/Avalanche are CC
-Ash has Invisibility practically prevents you from taking damage as you're not seen.
-Excalibur has Radial blind to CC I believe as well as a passive parry on his exalted blade.
-Trinity has Blessing and Link to provide massive damage reduction.
-Banshee has Silence which stuns enemies for a short amount of time, but ultimately she has damage/killing oriented move, can't say I'd suggest her for content unless you're planning on Stun-spamming with your fourth in an interception mission.

@(PS4)XxDarkyanxX like the mods I have for my warframe are:

Frost:

Physique-Max / Cunning Drift-Max / Flow-r3 / Constitution-Max / Streamline-Max / Vitality-r7 / Steel Fiber-r5 / Intensify-Max / Stretch-Max

Ash:

Steel Charge-Max / Cunning Drift-Max / Continuity-Max / Steel Fiber-r5 / Seeking Shuriken-Max / Vitality-r8 / Intensify-Max / Streamline-Max / Flow-r3 / Constitution-Max

Excalibur

Steel Charge-Max / Vitality-r8 / Streamline-Max / Flow-r3 / Chromatic Blade-r3 / Intensify-Max / Stretch-Max / Rage-Max / Steel Fiber-r5

Banshee

Steel Charge-Max / Cunning Drift-Max / Intensify-Max / Streamline-Max / Constitution-Max / Contiunity-Max / Vitality-r8 / Augur Message-Max / Steel Fiber-r5 

For weapon... in not really sure, in YouTube video it says I should focus on elemental first but a player I met in game said I should I should focus dmg/crit first and that elemental should be last.

il y a 15 minutes, (PS4)ArashiNex a dit :

@(PS4)XxDarkyanxX like the mods I have for my warframe are:

I'll send you a Forum message, that way we can communicate in a more lengthy way

Unless you are on ps4 right now? I'd definitely be up to set up a party and talk with you, that is, if you're willing.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

19 minutes ago, (PS4)ArashiNex said:

Frost:

Physique-Max / Cunning Drift-Max / Flow-r3 / Constitution-Max / Streamline-Max / Vitality-r7 / Steel Fiber-r5 / Intensify-Max / Stretch-Max

Not good.

Too much Range for Corpus/Corrupted with their Nullifier. Too less strength/Health/Aror for your scaling. Absolutely no need for Duration

20 minutes ago, (PS4)ArashiNex said:

Excalibur

Steel Charge-Max / Vitality-r8 / Streamline-Max / Flow-r3 / Chromatic Blade-r3 / Intensify-Max / Stretch-Max / Rage-Max / Steel Fiber-r5

Stretch is only useful for his radial Blind (you are using CB so no 1 or 3), replace Rage with Hunter Adrenaline if you can and put a Life Strike into your EB to get the health back

21 minutes ago, (PS4)ArashiNex said:

Banshee

Steel Charge-Max / Cunning Drift-Max / Intensify-Max / Streamline-Max / Constitution-Max / Contiunity-Max / Vitality-r8 / Augur Message-Max / Steel Fiber-r5 

what do you use her for? Sonar or Silence? I hope it's not for her 4 😉 

22 minutes ago, (PS4)ArashiNex said:

For weapon... in not really sure, in YouTube video it says I should focus on elemental first but a player I met in game said I should I should focus dmg/crit first and that elemental should be last.

name the type you like most and I can and will suggest both a weapon and it's recommended build

@(PS4)XxDarkyanxX I wish I could, but I'm falling asleep trying finish my faction thing.

@GnarlsDarkley 

Frost/ I watched some video that suggested more range bubble? So I should max out hp, shield, and Armor? And intensify is the only strength mod I have. Doesn't duration affect how long the bubble last?

Excalibur/ What should I put in last slot?

Banshee/ I think I try to use all 4? Mostly use 2 and 3 the most usually at the same time.

Ash/ So he's ok build?

Im thinking about trying out the Hek, as I keep hearing people talk about it. I'm currently using Soma/Tigeris Prime with Lex Prime and in my melee Scindo/Nikana Prime.

@GnarlsDarkley Is Hek that bad? Most of the video I seen that play compliment it and suggest using it. 

Do any of these builds need corrupted mods as I still haven't done or know about much about getting them.

Whst kinda kit gun and zaw should I be aiming for? I got some plaque stuff from the one time I have try the event.

im also thinking about changing the polarity of the Aura to dash so I can use corrosive projection, except on excalibur.

10 hours ago, (PS4)ArashiNex said:

Hi, I been running into trouble recently, trying to do these mission. I'm currently 208 hr into the game and MR14, and have no clue what I'm doing. I been speed running to try to get to the sacrifice story, but after going through pluto, sedna, and the void, I hit into a wall. These mobs are killing me in 1-4 shots and breaking through my armor, shield, iron skin, and ice bubble so easily. I literally die in a few hits and waste all my 5 lives and have to abort. Most of the frame I have are mastered, but have no forma. I have Ash, Banshee, Chroma, Ember, Excalibur, Frost, Hydroid, Mag, Mesa, Nekros, Nezha, Nidus,Nova, Nyx, Oberon, Rhino, Saryn, Trinity, Valkyr, Vauban, Volt, and WuKong. Some help would be nice, I'm tired of getting frustrated because I died in a few hits, and having trouble killing mobs.

P.S I spend most of my time in-game crafting weapon and warframe and leveling them up for mastery, haven't started doing story/planet till recently.

The outer planets HURT to do unless you have certain mods completely maxed out (Vitality especially!) and tricked out weapons. That toxin damage from the infested kills -- bypasses shields and takes chunks of health out. Then add to that misery is any slash damage (which causes bleeds or bleed outs)

So to survive you need to learn what the foe's protection is and how to take chunks of it out, ASAP in the outer planets. You get the first real taste of the shield bypasses and bleeds on Mars.

The best way to learn this stuff is on Defense missions. Spend some days there to practice as the outer planets are FILLED with infested and higher level Corpus and Grineer. Sortie #1 tonight has Corpus with *90%* shields, and you need to know how to counter it (90% shields corrosive [or radiation] doesn't do much. You'll need magnetize and impact [magnetize to strip shields; Impact to knock some sense into them and prevent them firing at you!]; with blast/electicity for the bursas).

Some advice...

1. Pick a frame you feel most comfortable with and mod it for "end-game" as a "main".

2. Max out Vitality by farming defense and survival missons for Endo (and relics). Every frame will NEED it maxed.

3. There's three loadouts for frames and weapons. Name them Grineer/Corpus/Infested and tailor mod builds around each and their weaknesses (and for your frame, strength or duration of your best abilities). Later on you will change the names for special builds for "end-game" content (content there needs multiple weakness penetration, and multiple ways for you to survive the onslaught!).

5 hours ago, (PS4)ArashiNex said:

Frost/ I watched some video that suggested more range bubble?

For the record, a high-Range Frost is super viable / effective / fun (IMO), you just gotta be aware of Nullies.

High Efficiency pairs great with that, letting you spam your mass CC & damage,
plus you can stack Globes / renew the 4 second absorb period frequently so you don't need massive Strength.

Also, check out the Icy Avalanche Augment, that gives your entire Squad basically refreshable Iron Skin. Quite nifty.

3 hours ago, (PS4)ArashiNex said:

Do any of these builds need corrupted mods as I still haven't done or know about much about getting them.

Yeah those are kinda sorta very good to have 😛

Corrupted Mods drop from "Vault Runs" in the Derelict (Derelict Key BPs are in the Market IIRC).

You either recruit a Squad of 4, each equipped with a different Dragon Key (BPs for those are Clan Research),
or go it alone and stack all the Keys on yourself (e.g. Rhino is neat since he can counter 3 of the Keys' effects),
then go and look for a special door in Derelict missions (Capture or Exterminate for quick runs) that requires a random Dragon Key.

Open that bad mammajamma, grab the thing inside, and finish the mission, bam, Corrupted Mod get!

Whst kinda kit gun and zaw should I be aiming for? I got some plaque stuff from the one time I have try the event.

Zaws are a matter of personal tastes and stuff.
I'm happy with my (Riven-enhanced) Polearm Cyath but you may differ there,
check out this site to play around with your Zaw options:

https://semlar.com/zawcalc

Personally, I'd say get (and roll) a Zaw Riven first and then craft your Zaw according to that.

For Kitguns, I don't see much of a reason to not go Crit (or Crit / Status hybrid on Gaze),
my full-Crit Catchmoon and Rattleguts (with Pax Seeker woo) are just so dang good.

im also thinking about changing the polarity of the Aura to dash so I can use corrosive projection, except on excalibur.

Even on Excal, CP is gonna benefit you more any time Armor comes into play.

Auras like Steel Charge do not give the listed boost to your total damage (that'd be insane),
I don't know the math by heart but basically, the damage increase they give is way less than you might expect.

(Also, maybe wait until after The Sacrifice before you invest too many resources into Excal.)

Edited by NinjaZeku

5 hours ago, (PS4)ArashiNex said:

Is Hek that bad?

Hek is MR4, your are 14. You have the whole Arsenal open for you. Hek is not bad, but compared to Tigris Prime it just cannot keep it.

A very good modded Hek can do Sortie 3 missions....while a Tigirs can do Sortie almost unmodded.

Corrupted mods are not needed for weapons. I posted you a link with my builds if you wantt check them out. I'd say Sweeping Serration, Seeking Fury and hell Shock are the most complicated ones

6 hours ago, (PS4)ArashiNex said:

Like Zeku already said: thats up to you and your likings. A Condition Overload Polearm is one of the best

Great KItguns I have fun with are Tombfinger, Catchmoon and Rattleguts all with Haymaker and Splat.

6 hours ago, (PS4)ArashiNex said:

Also like Zeku said: don't invest in normal Excal. After you have done "The Sacrifice" you would regret it.

If CP is better than Steel Charge is better idk. I use Steel Charge and am happy with it

@Kevyne_Kicklighter @NinjaZeku @GnarlsDarkley 

So generally I should try to max out on hp and shield, and focus on some of they're ability, mostly the one that focus on survival ability? Get a good kitgun and zaw, and know enemies weakness? How do you know which weapon is good for what? Like status, elemental or raw damage? Or can any weapon do all builds? And is there an "all-rounder" warframe? Should I put exilius and reactor in rhino then, so I could do corrupt mods? Or should I wait till rhino prime comes back and try to get him. So I should keep steel charge on Ash, and change everyone elses to dashes for CP then. If I had to pick a main I would probably choose between Frost, Trinity, Ash, Nidus, Banshee maybe, but i'm so confuse about how to play her, my aim is pretty terrible. And I kinda assumed it was corrosive for grineer, viral for corpus, and blast for infected? No clue, what other element does like magnetize, gas, and any other I left out.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)ArashiNex said:

So generally I should try to max out on hp and shield,

Like I already said:

22 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Never. Use. Shield. Mods. Like...never.

Only Mesa, Trinity, Harrow, Gara, Mirage, Nova, Nezha can make use of more shields. On ALL other frames it is wasted Capacity and wasted modslots

7 minutes ago, (PS4)ArashiNex said:

How do you know which weapon is good for what? Like status, elemental or raw damage?

Easy. Look at their stats. Low status chance? --> look at crit. low crit as well? --> raw damage. For IPS look at the values: high slash? --> use slash. low slash? --> look at impact. low impact? --> look at puncture.

A 5% status and 5% crit weapon will always suck at crit and status.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)ArashiNex said:

Or can any weapon do all builds?

most use a hybrid build, but not all

11 minutes ago, (PS4)ArashiNex said:

And is there an "all-rounder" warframe?

Every frame can be allround. But it's a jack-of-all-trades but master-of-none. I never recommend these kind of builds.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)ArashiNex said:

Should I put exilius and reactor in rhino then, so I could do corrupt mods?

Sure do. You won't regret this choice

13 minutes ago, (PS4)ArashiNex said:

So I should keep steel charge on Ash, and change everyone elses to dashes for CP then

Again: no comment. I don't use him, I don't know him

16 minutes ago, (PS4)ArashiNex said:

If I had to pick a main

I don't pick mains. I pick suited frames for each missions.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)ArashiNex said:

And I kinda assumed it was corrosive for grineer, viral for corpus, and blast for infected?

Corrosive for all is always safe. No downsides. You can use Gas/Toxin for Corpus. And Corrosive for Infested again. Blast has -dmg VS ancients

7 hours ago, (PS4)ArashiNex said:

Should I put exilius and reactor in rhino then, so I could do corrupt mods?

Corrupted Mods don't use the Exilus slot, that one's (mostly) for utility,
like boosting Bullet Jumps or giving you +Enemy Radar (Vigilante Pursuit woo).

So I should keep steel charge on Ash

Even if you make use of Ash's multiple options to ignore Armor,
CP would still be useful to the rest of your Squad
(and I don't think it'd be fun for long to have to use abilities on pretty much every single enemy).

It helps Bladestorm I guess, but that's actually the ability I use the least on him, YMMV.

I kinda assumed it was corrosive for grineer, viral for corpus, and blast for infected?

Eh, it gets a bit complicated, not least depending on whether or not your weapon can deliver Status procs reliably.

Corrosive is a solid all-round element, even against Corpus you shouldn't have huge problems.

But, if your weapon can be modded to be a Status machine, it's worth looking into stuff like
Viral (especially if your weapon also has a Slash focus in its base damage) plus maybe Heat / Radiation,
or Gas (AoE bursts delivering Toxin DOTs will wreck Corpus, and still be neat against anything without stupid high Armor).

Though Corrosive can also shine here, a rapid-fire Armor melting weapon isn't exactly the worst thing to have,
and you can have fun with added Heat / Cold / Blast CC on AoE weapons (yay e.g. Ignis / Staticor).

If you have a Crit weapon, you could also try a pure Toxin build against Corpus, lol what are Shields.

7 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Blast has -dmg VS ancients

Nah, that's probably "Sinew" Health you're thinking of, which is only on Jordas Golem and Hemocyte.

Ancients do take increased damage from Blast (but still not as much as from Corrosive).

Edited by NinjaZeku

14 minutes ago, (PS4)ArashiNex said:

I meant for rhino if I I should put the exilus mod/reactor on him or wait till if I ever do get a rhino prime?

Unless you get Rhino Prime via Trading, you'll most likely have acquired a bunch of Exilus Adapters and Reactors
before the next chance to farm him / his Relics comes around, so might as well boost up regular Rhino right now.

@NinjaZeku Alright thanks! So I think I kinda get it, not sure if i can remember it. Focus on warframe surviability/ or a certain build revolving around a skillset, focus on a weapon strong point(like crit, status, raw dmg, etc), remember enemies weakness(or just put corrosive on everything), try to get some corrupt mods(if anyone invites me..), and craft better amp, zaw, and kitgun. 

Btw is 5% that Gnarl mention consider low? What is the minimum i'm suppose to look at? Or do I just choose whichever higher of the two stat status or crit, or if they're both low I just go for raw damage or something?

33 minutes ago, (PS4)ArashiNex said:

Btw is 5% that Gnarl mention consider low?

Lets make a little game out of this one. You tell me what you think you should mod following weapons for

1. https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Soma_Prime

2. https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Tigris_Prime

3. https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Mara_Detron

4. https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Fang_Prime

5. https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Sicarus_Prime