Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa’s syndicate mods.

(PSN)Mono-Pop

18 hours ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

All of HER mods.

Mesa’s.

I don’t play Excalibur, I came to WF from OW, Excalibur reminds me too much of Genji.

I think you are being over dramatic. For one, it's a good augment. Some movement is better than no movement and sometimes rolling around a corner or away from something is better than canceling and re casting the ability. Also the way it affects your field of view matters, to me at least.

For two, it's not like you have nothing to gain from that faction. They have several good augments for different frames and a decent weapon that is easy to sell to other players for some play now and then

Like pretty much anything it's going to suck if you use it poorly.

The biggest sell for those of us who love her waltz is just being able to roll forward or around corners to catch otherwise safe enemies while continuing to channel it into its narrower more dangerous form.

If getting staggered is the issue mods like constitution and power drift are perfectly fine and help with that. If bombards and other such enemies are being a pain and dont die fast enough in your 4 than bring a nice hefty sniper rifle to erase that unit paired with your 1 before mowing down all his trash friends.

Hope that helps.

3 hours ago, BallisticSalsa said:

Like pretty much anything it's going to suck if you use it poorly.

The biggest sell for those of us who love her waltz is just being able to roll forward or around corners to catch otherwise safe enemies while continuing to channel it into its narrower more dangerous form.

If getting staggered is the issue mods like constitution and power drift are perfectly fine and help with that. If bombards and other such enemies are being a pain and dont die fast enough in your 4 than bring a nice hefty sniper rifle to erase that unit paired with your 1 before mowing down all his trash friends.

Hope that helps.

Bombards don’t phase me at all, I can flip into the air, press 4 and drop a bombard pretty easy.

Even without energy some aim glide does the trick.

I’ll admit I’m surprised to see that so many people like the augment.

I’ll keep it around I guess, I just can’t see when I would ever sacrifice a mod slot for it.

4 hours ago, vvhorus said:

I use Waltz in my Mesa build and have no issues with it. I think it's great, especially at the Index...

I’ve been playing the Index a lot lately, and you might actually have a point.

The sheer amount of randomn explosions I die to in the index is unreasonable.

4 hours ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

I think you are being over dramatic. For one, it's a good augment. Some movement is better than no movement and sometimes rolling around a corner or away from something is better than canceling and re casting the ability. Also the way it affects your field of view matters, to me at least.

For two, it's not like you have nothing to gain from that faction. They have several good augments for different frames and a decent weapon that is easy to sell to other players for some play now and then

Maybe I was being dramatic, as I just spent 1 million credits and a month of my life trying to obtain a single mod for the warframe I main, and when I finally got it I was heartbrokenly disappointed.

I don’t use any of the other frames that Steel meridian sell mods for.

I did all of this for Mesa.

The only silver lining for me is that I hate the steel meridian Syandana the least.

hace 21 horas, (PS4)BabylonCandleUK dijo:

For the reasons you say Waltz isn't as good as I hoped, but being able to roll and move a long distance does, for me, make the mobility worthwhile over the knockback proofing in most cases. 

An important thing with the mod is that it is exilus, so it doesn't take up a regular mod slot, if it had to take a main mod slot it wouldn't make the cut for me, but as it is I have up until now been using it on my main build. 

That has now changed though, due to the crazy amount of knockback in Orb Vallis, it stops but being viable at high level. Because of this, Id really like them to put in knockback resistance with the prime release, they won't though I shouldn't think

wait it uses the exilus slot?! huh, i didnt knew that...good thing mesa prime is also comming, i can finaly put an exilus on mesa prime once i get her

also i didnt knew you could get staggered, usually everything dies before they even get to touch me XD, i mean, its not like you cant roll or backflip XD

Edited by Toppien

23 hours ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

So I just spent the last month grinding up to the rank of general to get Mesa waltz.

I was super keen to get it, thinking it would be worth all my time and investment.

Turns out, when you have Mesa waltz equipped Mesa can stagger during her 4. Falling from heights and having things exploding near you will interrupt your ultimate and make you stagger for 2 seconds.

The 50% movement speed isn’t worth anything if I can’t even use the 4.

To make things worse all of her other syndicate mods are trash, so now I’m a month deep in steel meridian and I have nothing but regret.

Really hope Mesa’s waltz gets fixed eventually, at best it’s a sidegrade, but for the most part it makes peacemaker worse.

Eggsactly I remember finding out she can roll with it so I'm like woo!

Then she falls on her hands and knees and kills the mood

How can she be in utmost concentration (channeling energy) if shes taking a hard fall at the same time? 

If anything that fall should cancel peacemakers or not happen at all maybe just take a bit of health damage?

Nah that would actually make sense

5 hours ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

I’ve been playing the Index a lot lately, and you might actually have a point.

The sheer amount of randomn explosions I die to in the index is unreasonable.

You must be doing something wrong if you are dying in the Index with Mesa. I am not saying I am perfect, but 100% of the time, if I die in Index, I am the one at fault. (i.e not paying attention.) Waltz isn't going to save you because the grenades or whatever the corpus are throwing are very fast.

I understand many people like to be mobile while PM is on, but in my opinion (and in my own playstyle), nothing beats having high fire rate and high duration on Shooting Gallery and Shatter Shield. You have to sacrifice either the fire rate (lower dps) or duration (SG and SS lasts shorter) just to have her mobile on PM. It's just not worth it. You would do much better by learning how to do move her properly and controlling when and where to use PM.

Edit: Mesa's Waltz can be used in the Exilus mod slot but you are wasting it. Power Drift is a very useful mod on her Exilus and to a lesser extend, Cunning Drift too.

Edited by ZesiMuerte

16 minutes ago, ZesiMuerte said:

You must be doing something wrong if you are dying in the Index with Mesa. I am not saying I am perfect, but 100% of the time, if I die in Index, I am the one at fault. (i.e not paying attention.) Waltz isn't going to save you because the grenades or whatever the corpus are throwing are very fast.

I understand many people like to be mobile while PM is on, but in my opinion (and in my own playstyle), nothing beats having high fire rate and high duration on Shooting Gallery and Shatter Shield. You have to sacrifice either the fire rate (lower dps) or duration (SG and SS lasts shorter) just to have her mobile on PM. It's just not worth it. You would do much better by learning how to do move her properly and controlling when and where to use PM.

I also agree with this, I die to explosions in the index.

I just received my day 40 tribute, so I’m still pretty new. It’s happening less, but initially it just felt like I was getting blown up by nothing. Typical “I WAS IN ALPHA” moment xD

I do have to say though, since that other guy told me to use waltz in the index I have been, and it’s been working pretty good for me, I swap it over my vigilante radar in my exilus slot 🙂

I agree though, waltz doesn’t even slightly contend with duration/ effeciency or power.

But enemy/ loot radar is a small sacrifice in the index for the increased agility during peacemaker, IMO.

There aren’t many situations in the index where I need to or can vault into the sky to 4 for great efficiency.

If something comes at me in melee it’s literally a roll and keep shooting.

tbh, I’m kind of into it. It just sucks that having Waltz on makes you stagger from falls, it feels like oversight, rather than something that was done intentionally.

Edited by (PS4)Mono-Pop

On 2018-12-13 at 4:28 PM, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Except in my case it was 

noob —> “advanced movement” (because apparently Bullet jumping up is advanced) —> Mesa waltz —> consider quitting the game because the only thing that baited me over the last month of gameplay was this one mod that takes away more than it gives.

Staggering Shield is actually pretty helpful and so is Muzzle Flash if you like playing in groups. Other than that, Augments are not supposed to be super drastic. Minor changes to how the ability function is pretty much all. Also, Mesa herself doesn’t need Augments. They are purely out of preference rather than a mod that you absolutely need. I’ve experimented with many Augments and some I like, some not so much. However I don’t mind that much if I never use it again because 1. You can always sell it for platinum, and 2. It’s purely a preference.

11 hours ago, AzureTerra said:

Research things before you get them

Question: Where would he have gone to research this? What's the expected amount of digging someone should have to do? Even the Wiki doesn't seem to bother including a note warning that the mod will make peacemaker vulnerable to staggers. It does include the heavy landing warning, though, so at least that much was there.

...So what IS it vulnerable to? Can shield lancers or any of the grapping hook enemies knock you on the ass? Arsonist blasts? What about Vallis enemies? I guess grappling hooks should be deflected by 3 anyhow, so those might not matter much.

people should research things, but sometimes good-to-know aspects of this game's mechanics aren't really documented anywhere other than buried in random ancient forum threads.

Edited by OvisCaedo

31 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

No, it it is a mod sold by steel meridian. 

Okay, then re-read what OP wrote, here's the quote:

On 2018-12-14 at 12:56 AM, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

To make things worse all of her other syndicate mods are trash, so now I’m a month deep in steel meridian and I have nothing but regret.

Which means he only mentioned her (MESA) mods, not steel meridian as a whole.

Edited by deothor

18 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

The truth hurts

I don’t use any of the other frames that steel meridian have augments for.

Maybe one day, I baited myself to rank general for Mesa’s waltz.

The only compensation is that I’ll get the Syandana, which is pretty cool.

But yeah, I’ve grown to enjoy using Mesa’s waltz in the index, so I guess it wasn’t completely a waste.

On 2018-12-14 at 3:39 PM, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Maybe I was being dramatic, as I just spent 1 million credits and a month of my life trying to obtain a single mod for the warframe I main, and when I finally got it I was heartbrokenly disappointed.

I don’t use any of the other frames that Steel meridian sell mods for.

I did all of this for Mesa.

The only silver lining for me is that I hate the steel meridian Syandana the least.

You're the one who chose to do it the hard way. You could have gotten the mod for like 15 platinum, and if you dont want to pay for platinum, getting 15 is incredibly easy. Selling 1 corrupted mod, or probably just 1 decent prime part, or selling "prime junk" would easily get you there.

The fact that you don't think theres ANYTHING worthwhile in that faction is kinda silly, to be honest. Syndicate weapons and augments are very easy to sell for a bit of platinum here and there or trade for syndicate items from a faction you are not with.

On 2018-12-15 at 7:59 AM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Well then He’s just being a cry baby because Steel meridian has a solid selection of other augments and some really good weapon choices. 

Pretty much, and the "problem" with her waltz augment is incredibly minor.

On 2018-12-15 at 8:02 AM, deothor said:

wow, what a way to react. What a strawman master.

That wasnt a straw man though. A straw man fallacy is when you misrepresent what someone is saying, and then attack that misrepresentation instead of their argument.

His response might have been a bit more blunt than it had to be but it is a true statement and has nothing to do with straw manning.

5 hours ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

You're the one who chose to do it the hard way. You could have gotten the mod for like 15 platinum, and if you dont want to pay for platinum, getting 15 is incredibly easy. Selling 1 corrupted mod, or probably just 1 decent prime part, or selling "prime junk" would easily get you there.

The fact that you don't think theres ANYTHING worthwhile in that faction is kinda silly, to be honest. Syndicate weapons and augments are very easy to sell for a bit of platinum here and there or trade for syndicate items from a faction you are not with.

Pretty much, and the "problem" with her waltz augment is incredibly minor.

That wasnt a straw man though. A straw man fallacy is when you misrepresent what someone is saying, and then attack that misrepresentation instead of their argument.

His response might have been a bit more blunt than it had to be but it is a true statement and has nothing to do with straw manning.

You’ve joined in a conversation that is long over and spoke at everyone.

Okay.

The problem with Mesa’s Waltz is that she staggers from falling. My only issue is that it seems like oversight rather than an intentional handicap.

I really don’t have the energy to chew on this same conversation again.

Edited by (PS4)Mono-Pop

34 minutes ago, Kuestenjung said:

"I am not capable of using them to my advantage, so they are trash" allways love this attitude.

.......THE MOD makes you STAGGER from FALLING.

Her default ultimate doesn’t work that way.

It doesn’t feel like it was an intentional handicap, but rather oversight from whoever designed and created Mesa’s Waltz.

This thread is done please leave me alone 😐

16 hours ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

You’ve joined in a conversation that is long over and spoke at everyone.

Okay.

The problem with Mesa’s Waltz is that she staggers from falling. My only issue is that it seems like oversight rather than an intentional handicap.

I really don’t have the energy to chew on this same conversation again.

As long as you seem content to respond to people, they have a right to respond back to you. This is common sense. Apparently this conversation isnt over.

I am well aware of how mesa's augment works, I use it almost every time I play mesa, which is almost every day. As long as you dont bullet jump 50 feet in the air, and then activate peacemaker you wont have a problem.