Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I have no idea how to damage the Profit-Taker

Tellakey

If you watch her front, she has a damage type icon glowing green, which keeps changing every so often. The Mother Orb is only weak to that damage type it displays, nothing else will work on her.

For example, if the glowing thing is the symbol for viral (18?cb=20140124221459), then you have to use a weapon that can do viral damage on her, nothing else will work. If it displays the icon for Cold (18?cb=20140124221425), you have to use a weapon that does cold damage. Same for all other damage types, whatever it displays, that's what it's weak to.

In front of its head is a little Holographic icon that indicates an element(Both physical and elemental). Only that element is able to damage the shield. It refreshes to a new random element under certain conditions,

• Enough damage is dealt to it.
  • A certain time has elapsed, something like 20 seconds.
  • Any trigger of Void damage with a 5 second or so cooldown.

1 minute ago, Gabbynaru said:

If you watch her front, she has a damage type icon glowing green, which keeps changing every so often. The Mother Orb is only weak to that damage type it displays, nothing else will work on her.

For example, if the glowing thing is the symbol for viral (18?cb=20140124221459), then you have to use a weapon that can do viral damage on her, nothing else will work. If it displays the icon for Cold (18?cb=20140124221425), you have to use a weapon that does cold damage. Same for all other damage types, whatever it displays, that's what it's weak to.

Oooohhhh thanks you! For some reason the game does nothing to explain this.

2 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

Another question: any way to damage her without the arch-gun? Because I switched out and now I have to wait 10 more minutes.

You need to pick up the large yellow ammo boxes that drop from the Corpus troops to refresh the cooldown duration.

Just now, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Picking up a Heavy Ammo Drop, the big yellow boxes, will get the timer to 0 instantly

Just now, RX-3DR said:

You need to pick up the large yellow ammo boxes that drop from the Corpus troops to refresh the cooldown duration.

Thanks a bunch!

6 minutes ago, VoadorHolandes said:

I took my Hystrix to the fight, thinking: "Boy, it's time to shine!". No dice, seens like a bug, it's different modes don't work.

It's count Damage type in the gun. If you look carefully each mode in the the Hystrix didn't change the damage type. For example, Cold didn't add cold damage but it's only proc cold. You can look this up in the gun status. So the Hystrix elemental mode don't have impact on Orb's shield.