The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Corpus Hidden Caches - Can We Have the Distinction Back Please?

antares005

https://imgur.com/gallery/J4uloDR

Above is the link for the pictures I've taken. As you can see, with the new update, they changed the corpus lockers. But now there's no distinction anymore between the cache and a normal locked locker, aside from the sound and the glow. The cache doesn't glow per se, but there is light around it.

Can we have the distinction back please? 

The color contrast needs work.  I can't make out if a locker can be opened when I'm far away, I have to walk up close to it to notice if there's a light or not. The red/green/white light colors we had worked great, what we have now does not.
And as for the 3 caches, I indeed cannot visually tell the difference. If it's in a well-lit area, I can't even see its light. It looks like a closed locker to me. My teammates could hear its sound and walked right past it. Only because I had a loot radar mod equipped did I see it on my map and interacted with a "closed' locker to see it open, much to my surprise.

I don't think it was a waste as I do like the new lockers better... But boy is the new implementation just terrible for usability. The new lockers need their lights to be on a dark background so they stand out more, they need a full set of green / red / white lights rather than the bluish one they have, and they need a few more lights for better visibility and to differentiate locked and unlocked status via shape beyond colour.

Looks like they started working on it. It's easier to tell locked lockers from unlocked ones, except in bright areas. I think the main issue here is that locked ones don't emit light - the old ones had a red light, so you didn't have to ask yourself if you looked close enough.

The caches still have the same problem though. No light at all.

A few more fixes like this and I could learn to like these new caches actually.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, [DE]Helen said:

Sorry for the frustration! The lockers got a new look in line with The Profit Taker as the previous lockers date back to 2012 and our art team wanted a refresh, but there are clearly issues with implementation. We will iterate, fear not!

Well, they are better for colour blind people now I guess but everyone can't see them until they are very close.

Just put a key in the open ones or something.

11 minutes ago, [DE]Helen said:

Sorry for the frustration! The lockers got a new look in line with The Profit Taker as the previous lockers date back to 2012 and our art team wanted a refresh, but there are clearly issues with implementation. We will iterate, fear not!

Love them to just be whiter like they use to be to be distinct 

12 minutes ago, [DE]Helen said:

I'd like to say, the new lockers have the same "square with the light" that seems to be the primary indicator of the locker's status, just as with the old lockers. It might be effective to take the circle light design (which had all of the good lighting indicators) from the old lockers and copy that onto the new lockers. That way it keeps the new body (which I like) but also has a solid indicator of its status.

(Same sort of thing might be done with the sides, having those circular neon lights to indicate its status, in the event the extant lights don't work)

19 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

Thanks for the change on showing if they're open or not with more indication 🙂

Before and after

7ExAtxk.jpg

riKW6v4.jpg

Edited by paul5473