The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What’s your worst trade experience?

Random ppl just shouted "WTB xxxx riven" without any accompanied requirement. This would not become ridiculous if there were not 11 on 10 a**holes just wasted my time by asking some questions as if they cared about the mods and just ended with "nty, I'll pass". Even more ridiculous when they just wanted to buy random trash rivens for 5-10p...

There were even some over-ret**ded people who just press Ignore button on anyone they don't like without any reason and left me confused with "WTF is happening... ???". I really feel sorry for the parents of these people lol.

• Like 1

Probably when you´re trying to sell something, get whispered, reply and then you wait a solid 3-4 minutes for an answer. 

Invite said player to the Dojo, request the trade, wait another minute for the plat. Then wait again for him to accept because god knows where did this person go in 5 seconds. After wasting a stupid amount of time say thanks have a good day to get "ok" as an answer. Love it.

• Like 1

Two points on this.

First, generally the riven prices on trade chat or even fanmade websites. Someone is selling a riven for like 10k plat. Its not even at the top condition. There are enough of such salesmen that I can easily say that most chat is basically spam.

On other hand, we have external website like wf market. I have noticed that there are people who just dont look at the prices. I mean in some cases I had to tell that they are overpaying. In other cases they just round up the price which seems fine. The weirdest ones are the sellers that can see the average price, but choose to overprice or underprice. Now in second case there are bands of scammers that set multiple copies of items at lower prices that they dont have in hopes that someone matches it.

Last case is when someone is weird enough to go and try selling something for like 20x less. Had a case for that. Asked a guy three times if he is sure. Im no angel so I bought it. Oh well...

For me...
Most recent trade was for the Complete Akvasto Prime set.

In this case, 2 sets of Akvasto parts, then the Akvasto BP & Link.
Well, guy wanted me to trade him the full plat price at once.
I told him I'd split it into 3 payments. 1 for each trade.
Guy said no, pay him all up front then trade him some mods for the other trades, but not Ammo Drums, something decent like Handspring or whatever.

I'm now just dubious. He's dubious, and even though I showed him I had the full price & had no intentions of cheating him the deal still fell through.
Guy cancelled the trade & made a scene in his empty Dojo.

Frustrating...

I was selling a Lanka riven, some guy messaged me and said I should sell it for much cheaper because it had +recoil. I told him that it barely affects the weapon at all, he then told me he would maybe buy it if I allowed him to try it first. I didn't fall for it and blocked him so he went all salty and logged in as his alt to insult me.

Edited by Guest

Once upon a time there was a player who wanted to buy Body Count. I messaged him, we agreed on a price, he invited me to his dojo. We began trading, reached the point where we just have to confirm the trade, when he cancelled it out of the blue. I wanted to ask him what was wrong, but I was already on his ignore list. 

Then there was this guy who began trashing me because he didn't like the price I wanted to sell a mod, I composed a relatively long answer to explain why I don't want to go lower, sent it, found out I was already ignored. And I was typing all that text with the PS controller... the pain was real.

Someone posted they WTB some 7 part prime wep. He offered a fair price all was well. We did the trade broke it up fairly all good. Then I go to the bathroom.

When I get back I see 3 messages and turns out I missed a pice. I contact him reverse the trade apologie. I felt bad for a while that day for failing to check to make sure I had the components before accepting the trade.

Its not that bad of an experience but was still my worse.

On 2019-01-08 at 11:38 AM, (XB1)Kuljack said:

Notice me.

What if I told you there wasn’t another buyer and that’s just a cheap trade tactic?

A guy once told me 100p for a riven, I said deal. Then loading into dojo another player joins group and seller said the other player offered him 200p but I was first and wanted to know if I would pay that much first. I said no and left squad. He PMs me and says Waaiiit I’ll do 100p that guy just left. 

I respond no, I’ll do 50p take it or leave it. He took it.

So I guess that’s more the other guys worst trade experience, lol

I notice you 😉

But yeah, that's what i usually assume is the deal and i just think its petty. If you want 200p just say so and dont jerk me around that like.

The ones I loath:

"But I don't have plat"

"Would you be willing to trade for (common drop) instead"

"How about riven for riven? (insert *yet another low tier riven*) "

"WTS (item im looking for) 100,000P no haggle"

"(ask for item at X price) Deal.... oh sorry I just sold it"

"Oh I can't cover the credit costs for the trade"

"You can't trade free plat?!"

"15plat max offer (when selling a full prime warframe set or prime weapon, esp if items are vaulted)"

Still not sure why after trading for a while with zero incident, 2 people today flip me on their ignore list because I didn't respond to their WTB immediately (I had other people in the dojo to trade and I can't juggle chats while I'm loading up prime sets in the boxes). 

I mean, it's for the best, if you're that petty of a person I'm glad I didn't sell to you, but the reasoning escapes me.

I usually just sell on warframe market so trades are usually pretty nice

but like sometimes people will pm me

[4:00]"hey I want to buy your fang prime set"

[4:00]"uh sure dude lemme drop an invite"

[4:00]invitation sent

[4:00]user declined your invitation

*types* "uh hey do you need a re-invite" *hits enter*

[4:00]user is ignoring you.

and I just sit and wonder, are there really people out there, that pm random people to trade, then immediately shut down and ignore them, for no apparent reason? And it's not even a time thing, like I've taken too long to respond, sometimes it's immediately muted and blocked.

• Like 1

I bought a hornet strike when i was a noob for 60p, whole bunch of people assured me it was worth that much and i believed them b/c I hadn't looted one in over a month. ya, i found out later it wasn't worth anything and I had been conned in my very first trade. woo! now i avoid trade chat as much as possible, it's a sleazy place. the end.

Edited by iuki.