Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When raids come back, what rewards should they have?

Just now, mikakor said:

You feel Team Fortress 2 crawling on your back...

In more seriousness, I like this idea! As long as we have a designed slot for it and doesn't make us give up an arcane slot like the peculiar mods...

What no completely original idea do not steal.

But yeah, Unusuals were the inspiration for this idea. And thank you! Whilst it would be less significant to lose an Arcane slot than a mod slot, I think giving them their own is probably a better idea down the road - just because nobody likes giving up power for fashion.

On 2019-01-09 at 4:53 PM, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Since has now confirmed they are working on bring raids back I've been thinking. What should they give as rewards?

Should they have all new arcane set to grind out or something new to grab from them or a something similar to the sortie drop table? What do you hope they reward?

I would like to a few new arcanes, large bundle of kuva and other resources, maybe a unique vandal/wraith weapon for each raid, and maybe something new that's exclusive to the raids.

Rewards that are not trade able, and or able to be ever bought with platinum on the market. That's one way how you can get people to actually play the raid for the content they want. Just pray RNG wall is in your favor. That's part of the fun of it too!

4 minutes ago, (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

Rewards that are not trade able, and or able to be ever bought with platinum on the market. That's one way how you can get people to actually play the raid for the content they want. Just pray RNG wall is in your favor. That's part of the fun of it too!

And then once they got everything they need from the raids they never get back to it because if there isn't anything to gain that is interesting and can be traded for platinums, they won't stick for long.

Except if it's rewards like 10 000 Endo. And/or 20 000 kuva BY reward. Then there would be a reason to do them again.

If it's something a player always needs, and in big quantity, then the rewards might works. But if these rewards are a one time needed and then can't be traded, it's probably not going to be worth it.

Let's not lie to ourselves. End game player aren't ONLY playing for the challenge. They want reward and profit.

2 minutes ago, mikakor said:

And then once they got everything they need from the raids they never get back to it because if there isn't anything to gain that is interesting and can be traded for platinums, they won't stick for long.

Except if it's rewards like 10 000 Endo. And/or 20 000 kuva BY reward. Then there would be a reason to do them again.

If it's something a player always needs, and in big quantity, then the rewards might works. But if these rewards are a one time needed and then can't be traded, it's probably not going to be worth it.

Let's not lie to ourselves. End game player aren't ONLY playing for the challenge. They want reward and profit.

Or tokens to use towards a special store, a store that only currency it accepts is that token for completing. And they just keep adding new shop items. Some items would cost more or less. Could sell 30k endo for 30 tokens. Have the raid boss drop something only specific to it, but have a store where you are encouraged to play to get a resouce you need/want. I imagine it can be hard to come up with creative new ways to keep players wanting to play over and over again, even after they got the main reward that they want. But thats a roll of the dice sometimes.

• Like 1

I thought of even for sorties having a token or currency as reward rather than randomly (more often than not getting a sculpture) getting something you may or may not want. But being able to save your currency each day to buy something from a store. Id personally feel more inclined towards saving up towards say a riven etc. It would have to be balanced, but its just a thought i hads once. Would keep me at playing sorties daily rather than skipping them every so often because I did not want another sculpture. But sometimes I like the RNG sometimes I dont

Edited by (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK

I hope DE will bring some great epic raids into the game - of course done absolute perfectly - with so awesome loot that it's still worth doing for the 50th.time - loot like; railjack components, new cool mounts, new orbiters, 50K Kuva, 1mill credits, 100 platinum, new cool decorations, new cool fully built warframes including slots, riven mods etc. 😉

14 hours ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

I hope DE will bring some great epic raids into the game - of course done absolute perfectly - with so awesome loot that it's still worth doing for the 50th.time - loot like; railjack components, new cool mounts, new orbiters, 50K Kuva, 1mill credits, 100 platinum, new cool decorations, new cool fully built warframes including slots, riven mods etc. 😉

I don't think they would ever add plat to the rewards, the closest would be something you could trade for plats due to DE's business model in Wf.

If they added plats to the circulation, there would be less incentives for players to play and trade (to add to DE's statistics and players in matchmaking) or buy plats hurting the business model as a result.

They are constantly adding plat sinks and the tax exists exactly to counter plat hoarding and inflation.

would rather they bring in something new then bring back raids considering hardly anyone was doing them. 

however if they do bring it back it should be a 4 player version with some new things. ( i never did raids but my clan did it infrequently)

along with some changes to our current mission types. 

2 hours ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

I'm pretty sure that'll be the case tbh..

Man, I hope this time they make them playable solo.. heck, make it freaking hard, but give us the opportunity to do so..

This.

Especially if was a special version or something. That way co-operation focused gameplay and single-player with a handful of allowances in place to make it doable could co-exist, alongside some alternate dialogue referencing the solo run. Maybe even a unique reward for doing so. The allowances shouldn't make it too easy though: for example, if something requires two hard activities to be done simultaneously in a time limit, maybe cause the time limit to be doubled or be refreshed upon starting the second activity. The objectives are still difficult and you still have time constraints, but you're not expected to be in two places at once. If this is done the reward could wind up being a genuine prestige item, unlike "I logged in X number of times or on X date" rewards. Maybe something like a weapon that lets you summon spectres wielding it, referencing how you've got 'the power of a whole Tenno team inside of you'. Something that's powerful, but also impressive so that a player who doesn't have it wants it, and is thus pushed to challenge themselves further to get it.

• Like 1