Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe missions should have a hard mode

(XBOX)Pugs Xbox

And how would things be made "harder"/"more difficult"?
Just turning every enemy in a mission into a bullet sponge that can one-shot isn't really making things "harder", just more annoying and still cheesable.

Warframe isn't really in a state where you can just make things "harder" in any meaningful way.
Even arbitrations aren't hard, just annoying.

• Like 2

Hard mode? So... No power use allowed, no pets, all mods, arcanes and gear disabled, and all frame stats normalized?  Really the only way you can force the game to be hard is to take away all the things that players can use to make the game....not hard.  Just cranking up the enemy level to 200 or 300 doesn't make the game harder, only more limited in what frames and builds are viable.

People keep asking for harder combat, but nobody asks for player invulnerability to be removed, effectively infinite energy to be removed...  😄  A true and honest question: What does difficult combat look like when no enemies can see through invisibility or attack through the rift or break out of hard CC or survive more than 1 shot from a rivened sniper rifle?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (XB1)Pugs Xbox said:

Sort of like how Destiny 1 did it where any mission had a easy normal hard mode.

I wanted the same, but it's really pointless in this game.
Warframe have what I call "broken damage scaling"
The game is not balanced with damage.

CC frames are good because they can stop enemies shooting you. But there are more more and more enemies that ignore CC
Tank frames have overpowered damage reduction or ways to avoid damage.
Without these abilities ALL warframes except INAROS cannot survive in high leveled content. They need to SPAM THEM and use over and over again.
Our weapons do insane high damage like 20K+ damage while our Warframes have only 1200 shield and 1200 health for example, just wtf. Like in Final fantasy games your character max stats are 9999 health but they are able to do 99k999 damage. Well making PVP out of it would be fantastic xD don't you think.

We are super Overpowered, one man army. Rising enemies level is kind of pointless.
Thats why I now have a break from Warframe because game just bored me, and I don't want to deal with all these K-Drives, mining and fishing in new Venus open world.... Just waiting for MELEE 3.0 to have fun.

• Like 1

#Bansheemasterrace #Harrowmasterrace

1 hour ago, (XB1)Pugs Xbox said:

easy normal hard mode.

That would be good, but higher levels needs additions on top of their scaling.

23 minutes ago, Momaw said:

Hard mode? So... No power use allowed, no pets, all mods, arcanes and gear disabled, and all frame stats normalized?  Really the only way you can force the game to be hard is to take away all the things that players can use to make the game....not hard.  Just cranking up the enemy level to 200 or 300 doesn't make the game harder, only more limited in what frames and builds are viable.

People keep asking for harder combat, but nobody asks for player invulnerability to be removed, effectively infinite energy to be removed...  😄  A true and honest question: What does difficult combat look like when no enemies can see through invisibility or attack through the rift or break out of hard CC

Doesn't have to disallow ability usage to make it challenging, maybe they should just center some content around balanced frames and remove only the cheesy methods.

Yeah, that's the problem, there is too much cheese in the game currently and the community or at least the vocal minority in the forum is allergic to anything that resembles anything related to challenge.

32 minutes ago, Momaw said:

or survive more than 1 shot from a rivened sniper rifle?

That's a balance point of the weapon class though, low RoF-high damage, more difficult at close quarters.

The only real way to add some challenge without DE adding a new mode is to gimp your equipment, I have a Zephyr loadout specifically for this with only vitality and flow on. I pair it with middle of the road weapons (braton/burston etc) that have only a few mods like serration, point strike, two single stats for a combo like corrosive maybe a rate of fire mod or something else and boom suddenly theres a small bit of challenge. Not that I think that would work with damage frames like Saryn or Mesa or frames that can buff damage and tank like Chroma and Rhino but at least for me using Zephyr it works.

Its really hard to make challenging content for us, as IfritKajiTora said each of us are super overpowered one man armies. Now take that and multiply it by four and try to design content around it. The only slightly challenging fight I can think of is the orb fight and thats because its swimming with aggressive mobs and knockdowns and what do most people do? complain about it because they think knockdowns are cheap and the mobs annoying. I cant personally think of any other way to make a fight hard for the type of equipment people can bring to a fight. Literally the only reason the fights that dont end in one shot dont end in one shot is because of the invincibility stages.

Taking a lot of inspiration from Destiny here again but a huge focus on elemental damage would make things harder and make players not just pick their best weapon, but choose according to certain buffs, debuffs and special modifiers. Certain warframes will take a lot more damage and some will do more damage. The debuffs that change every week will include things like rivens have no effect, no arcanes, things like that. Certain weapons will not be allowed which also obviously cycles each week. Just laying out some ideas that no doubt a lot of players have had. I would like to see this because I've only been playing for 2 months and I don't see a challenge (unless I were to sit in 1 mission for hours, which is not my thing). 

Edit: Just thought of something crazy for a hardcore mode. No bullet jumping. Also, limited mod slots and you must make your build before you get into the mission.

Not everyone will like the last ones but my point is to make things harder they must implement things that make people change up what they are using. Not just always use the same old gun, same old build, sitting in one spot.

Edited by (XB1)Pugs Xbox

On 2019-01-10 at 1:04 PM, Ksaero said:

I think you need to suggest Destiny's damage system first.

I would but it would never happen. Also, what I said before would make it so Destiny's damage system would not be needed.

12 minutes ago, (XB1)Pugs Xbox said:

Taking a lot of inspiration from Destiny here again but a huge focus on elemental damage would make things harder and make players not just pick their best weapon, but choose according to certain buffs, debuffs and special modifiers. Certain warframes will take a lot more damage and some will do more damage. The debuffs that change every week will include things like rivens have no effect, no arcanes, things like that. Certain weapons will not be allowed which also obviously cycles each week. Just laying out some ideas that no doubt a lot of players have had. I would like to see this because I've only been playing for 2 months and I don't see a challenge (unless I were to sit in 1 mission for hours, which is not my thing). 

Edit: Just thought of something crazy for a hardcore mode. No bullet jumping. Also, limited mod slots and you must make your build before you get into the mission.

Not everyone will like the last ones but my point is to make things harder they must implement things that make people change up what they are using. Not just always use the same old gun, same old build, sitting in one spot.