Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Augment Changed Please?

(PSN)Loki-Torikkusuta

Ok so, I have a full list of other changes i would love to see for other frames. However, Saryn being my boo, she has priority and I still haven't finished the suggestions for some of the Frames, Vauban specifically. 

Anyway, Saryn. Yes she's a bit broken, but her saving grace is that she's usually only used for ESO. So, she's not popular enough to warrant a nerf. However, I would LOOOVE to see her Augment, Regenerative Molt, get a slight tweak. Most of the other heals are a per second version. However, Saryn's Aug is unique in that aspect, as it's the only one that works on a Health every second. Garuda works off of Health Per second as a percentage. Chroma is a straight up health increase. As well as Equinox. Inaros is damage dealt gets turned into health, which still seems like Health Per Second. Oberon and Nidus is health per second. Lastly, Nekros and Nezha as on a different level of heals. Why isn't Saryn's Aug that gives her health Health per second. Of course, this is purely my preference. Health Per Second just feel nicer. She's not particularly a tanky frame so she still can get one or two shot in some cases. Would a slight buff also be applied to it. I would prefer it if it were a duration increase, as her heals are good as they are, i just feel they're too short. 

Once I finish the suggestions for the other Frames, I will post it here as well

THANKS!!!

• Like 2

To explain what this nonsense mess of text means:
Regenerative molt has 1 heal tick per second, most other forms of regeneration have multiple ticks per second with value divided across them. Could regen molt work like Rejuven/Medi/Renewal/Nidus heal rate, etc.

• Like 12

Not popular enough? You've got to be joking, Saryn is one of the most overabused frames in the game. She's in almost every mission I ever run, to the point where I'm sick of seeing her mass deleting everything and making every mission boring.

Regenerative Molt is fine as-is. The only thing Saryn needs is nerfing to the ground.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wrennah said:

Not popular enough? You've got to be joking, Saryn is one of the most overabused frames in the game. She's in almost every mission I ever run, to the point where I'm sick of seeing her mass deleting everything and making every mission boring.

Regenerative Molt is fine as-is. The only thing Saryn needs is nerfing to the ground.

Start by modding your frames correctly. I have yet to see a Saryn that outdps me outside of ESO and when they do it's by a very small margin.

22 minutes ago, Shelusine said:

Start by modding your frames correctly. I have yet to see a Saryn that outdps me outside of ESO and when they do it's by a very small margin.

Well with my Chroma build and rivened Phantasma I can outdps every frame, but thats just dmg, the real thing is kps and that my friend I doubt that you can outkps a frame that already kills by the hundreds by just pressing one and waiting for a bit. Saryn is just broken, same as octavia and mesa.

Though Im not asking for a nerf, if I dont want to play with one of those frames, I'll just leave the mission. An enemy buff / rework though would be nice.

Edited by BlachWolf
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, BlachWolf said:

Well with my Chroma build and rivened Phantasma I can outdps every frame, but thats just dmg, the real thing is kps and that my friend I doubt that you can outkps a frame that already kills by the hundreds by just pressing one and waiting for a bit. Saryn is just broken, same as octavia and mesa.

How is Kps the real thing? The dps value of chroma literally lies in its single target dps that is fitted for things like boss hunting. You won't see a Saryn outdps you in these area the same way you won't out kps a Saryn in an area where enemies spawn in mass like ESO. Thats just how it works,  there's nothing broken in a frame being good at its own kind of dps. Split the enemies like in fortuna or the planes and she doesn't come close to frames like mag. You basically play her in defense kind of maps, anywhere else there's a better option and/Or most dps frame challenges her fairly.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Shelusine said:

How is Kps the real thing? The dps value of chroma literally lies in its single target dps that is fitted for things like boss hunting. You won't see a Saryn outdps you in these area the same way you won't out kps a Saryn in an area where enemies spawn in mass like ESO. Thats just how it works,  there's nothing broken in a frame being good at its own kind of dps. Split the enemies like in fortuna or the planes and she doesn't come close to frames like mag. You basically play her in defense kind of maps, anywhere else there's a better option and/Or most dps frame challenges her fairly.

You were talking about dps not kps, thats why I made that comment, yes chromas dmg is really lying to you, but I chose that example for that, in terms of kps there is really no way to out kill a frame like saryn in any endless tileset based mission, which is 90% of the game. Saryn can kill so fast its just disgusting and boring to play with one, one of the reason why I dont play with her. Saryn is up there with the most broken frames because she trivialeses the game, same with Mesa and Octavia. But as said im not asking for a nerf, in the end of the day I can just leave the mission if I dont wish to play with one of those frames, but this doesnt mean that those frames arent broken.

Edited by BlachWolf
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Shelusine said:

Its because most people dont fight enemies above level 20 (maybe 40 if they bother doing bounties in PoE/OV) thus dont understand that spores alone have rampup time, they dont build corrosive nor viral in at least one loadout (or at least not the appropriate weapons) thus dont get how high value spore status and guaranteed miasma proc are thinking its raw damage.

TLDR: Because no matter the reality, some people will think wrong things like that Nova is squishy despite any correct build resulting in some minimum 11~19k EHP.

2 hours ago, BlachWolf said:

You were talking about dps not kps, thats why I made that comment, yes chromas dmg is really lying to you, but I chose that example for that, in terms of kps there is really no way to out kill a frame like saryn in any endless tileset based mission, which is 90% of the game. Saryn can kill so fast its just disgusting and boring to play with one, one of the reason why I dont play with her. Saryn is up there with the most broken frames because she trivialeses the game, same with Mesa and Octavia. But as said im not asking for a nerf, in the end of the day I can just leave the mission if I dont wish to play with one of those frames, but this doesnt mean that those frames arent broken.

Wow, no. If you mean by that that it's where you level your stuff and thus where you spend 90% of your time, yes. Anything else, no. There needs to be a high amount of enemy concentrated in an area for her dps to take off, any map where the enemy progressively spawn in different location will be a map where another frame outdps her. Void missions in general are maps where mag will usually outdps her for instance because of the invulnerability and predictability of spawned enemies have. Corridors maps where the enemy appears scattered like rescue, spy, sabotage, a lot exterminate,... are better cleaned by frames like Nezha who are faster and good slide attack users. Granted you would even consider mission types where the dps doesn't matter as any kind of dps comparator... Really, outside from tilesets where big rooms of enemies are common, which would mainly be survival and defense +eso, I can't think of places where a Saryn is going to outdps any other dps frame. 

I should've started this by saying I'm on console. Yeah she's not very popular there. PS4 to be exact. I only ever see her in ESO and the occasional Hydron. Not even sorties. To be fair i dont use her unless im going far in a survival as she makes everything else a joke. Though, I'm glad that there are a few people that agree with this change. 

Edited by (PS4)corvette_lover14

I should've started this by saying I'm on console. Yeah she's not very popular there. PS4 to be exact. I only ever see her in ESO. Not even sorties. To be fair i dont use her unless im going far in a survival as she makes everything else a joke. Though, I'm glad that there are a few people that agree with this change. 

8 hours ago, Shelusine said:

Clearly you're playing with bad Saryns. My Saryn with a long-range build completely wipes Arbitrations even up to the 1 hour mark or more, with most of my team only having the time to kill drones.

"There needs to be a high amount of enemy concentrated in an area for her dps to take off"
280% range would like a word with you. Even 250% is enough to completely eliminate this.
Saryn has needed an extreme nerf ever since her last rework.

And by the way, "boss hunting" is a very minor part of the game, pushed into its own very small corner. Warframe is a horde killing game. Saryn pretty much takes this away for the most part, since everything just dies way in the distance. All she needs is one target, and isn't even limited by line of sight.

2 hours ago, Lucaine said:

Clearly you're playing with bad Saryns. My Saryn with a long-range build completely wipes Arbitrations even up to the 1 hour mark or more, with most of my team only having the time to kill drones.

"There needs to be a high amount of enemy concentrated in an area for her dps to take off"
280% range would like a word with you. Even 250% is enough to completely eliminate this.

And by the way, "boss hunting" is a very minor part of the game, pushed into its own very small corner. Warframe is a horde killing game. Saryn pretty much takes this away for the most part, since everything just dies way in the distance. All she needs is one target, and isn't even limited by line of sight.

Sure, wanna do a run ? 

You think I don't possess a max range Saryn or ? 280% isn't covering scattered enemies. You can try against me all you want.

"Boss hunting is a very minor part of the game." If you mean in term of density yes, if you mean in term of importance you are trolling so hard it makes my eyes bleed. 

9 hours ago, Shelusine said:

Sure, wanna do a run ? 

You think I don't possess a max range Saryn or ? 280% isn't covering scattered enemies. You can try against me all you want.

"Boss hunting is a very minor part of the game." If you mean in term of density yes, if you mean in term of importance you are trolling so hard it makes my eyes bleed. 

You're calling Arcanes the most important thing in a game entirely focused around collecting things for mastery? No.

Also checked your profile:

Eidolon Hydrolyst Kills/Captures: 1

You speak about boss hunting being the most relevant thing in the game, and yet you haven't even touched it much at all.

You're obviously wrong if you've done almost no Hydrolyst runs in the 1,022 hours you've played. Come back when you actually know what you're talking about.

Edited by Wrennah

2 hours ago, Wrennah said:

You're calling Arcanes the most important thing in a game entirely focused around collecting things for mastery? No.

Also checked your profile:

Eidolon Hydrolyst Kills/Captures: 1

You speak about boss hunting being the most relevant thing in the game, and yet you haven't even touched it much at all.

You're obviously wrong if you've done almost no Hydrolyst runs in the 1,022 hours you've played. Come back when you actually know what you're talking about.

A game entirely focused around collecting things for mastery ? Excuse me what kind of reasoning are you having there ? Because I am pretty sure that the 2 open world map we got 2 years in a row weren't there to give you mastery but to give you more things to play with in many aspects because there's no "goal" nor "designed goal" in warframe. That is why the community is full of very different people looking for very different things but looking at your post count I can understand that you are oblivious to that fact.

That hydrolyst stats looks weird to me, pretty sure I had much more than that. That being said I don't really see your point... 1) I never claimed to be boss hunting. 2) I just prefer to farm plats and buy things

FpXyfOr.jpg

That doesn't remove the importance of that content in any ways.

Also you'll have to quote where I say that boss hunting is the most relevant thing in the game.

And now that I see the amount of hours, I can confirm that these stats are weird or that warframe stats are weird. I played much more than that even accounting the amount of time I was AFK.

ggVZ5yw.jpg

Looking at my profile it even puts garuda as my most played frame. Clearly, something is amiss there  but that doesn't really matter. 

16 hours ago, Lucaine said:

Been trying to say this for a while, a saryn can wipe out a map in seconds, MOT with her is nothing but a cake walk. Though even if I never use her, I dont want her to get nerfed, but adjusted.

3 hours ago, Shelusine said:

A game entirely focused around collecting things for mastery ? Excuse me what kind of reasoning are you having there ? Because I am pretty sure that the 2 open world map we got 2 years in a row weren't there to give you mastery but to give you more things to play with in many aspects because there's no "goal" nor "designed goal" in warframe. That is why the community is full of very different people looking for very different things but looking at your post count I can understand that you are oblivious to that fact.

This game is a collectathon. That is the point. You play to collect everything, and that's the end goal. DE's revenue heavily relies on you getting and wanting more things, because with that, formas/potatoes sell, cosmetics for individual Warframes sell, and people buy plat in order to buy more weapons/frames/mods/arcanes. Nobody in this game plays the same piece of content several times in a row because it's 'fun' on its own, but because they're grinding to get that new shiny thing they want. New and exclusive things are what get people logging in every day just to get their daily tribute up, so they can get that login weapon they've been wanting for months.

That hydrolyst stats looks weird to me, pretty sure I had much more than that. That being said I don't really see your point... 1) I never claimed to be boss hunting. 2) I just prefer to farm plats and buy things

That doesn't remove the importance of that content in any ways.

They never said you claimed to be a boss hunter. They said it was wrong for you to comment on it in such a way if you've done so little of that content.

Are you going to explain why it's important, or are you going to continue sounding like a broken record? The only important thing is that it gives new things. If it gave nothing new, people would play that content once at best, and then never go near it again.

And now that I see the amount of hours, I can confirm that these stats are weird or that warframe stats are weird. I played much more than that even accounting the amount of time I was AFK.

Looking at my profile it even puts garuda as my most played frame. Clearly, something is amiss there  but that doesn't really matter. 

The stat Wrennah is basing your hours on is the mission timer in your stats page on your profile. It doesn't count time in the orbiter, relays, etc.

I can definitely say something is wrong with the usage time, my profile says Volt is my most used (36.7%) but I signed up for Warframe back in 2015, then a month later, I bought platinum so I could buy Volt Prime. Volt Prime has 24.2% usage, There's no way I played more with base Volt than I did with Prime in less than a month.

Edited by Espilon
put spoilers instead of quotes, big oops

7 hours ago, Espilon said:

This game is a collectathon. That is the point. You play to collect everything, and that's the end goal. DE's revenue heavily relies on you getting and wanting more things, because with that, formas/potatoes sell, cosmetics for individual Warframes sell, and people buy plat in order to buy more weapons/frames/mods/arcanes. Nobody in this game plays the same piece of content several times in a row because it's 'fun' on its own, but because they're grinding to get that new shiny thing they want. New and exclusive things are what get people logging in every day just to get their daily tribute up, so they can get that login weapon they've been wanting for months.

Wow, no.

1) The previous person was talking about collecting for mastery rank, if we are talking about pure looting mechanic where most kind of collection logic are included, you are just confirming my point, if you are not your own argument counters itself for obvious reasons.

2) I am on the high end when it comes to spending money in this game, me and several friends with similar habits do not buy to collect everything, just to collect what we want. 

3) I am playing the piece of content that I want because I have fun and many people are the same. That's why I prefer to earn plat in a place that is "fun" instead of a place that is profitable. I don't really understand why you try to give a reasoning to players in this game tho, it's very obvious from the beginning that everyone is playing for their own end goal and that the game is designed to give you that liberty. I don't see how anyone can be blind to it.

They never said you claimed to be a boss hunter. They said it was wrong for you to comment on it in such a way if you've done so little of that content.

Are you going to explain why it's important, or are you going to continue sounding like a broken record? The only important thing is that it gives new things. If it gave nothing new, people would play that content once at best, and then never go near it again.

I... am very puzzled by people logic here. The content is the gameplay and the reward. I don't like the gameplay and buy the reward instead as such I am aware of the before and after of having a max arcane energize and double magus elevate as displayed in my screenshot. As such, since I bought it from people who do that gameplay, I am fully aware of its importance in a player everyday gameplay. Your reasoning is like "because you accessed to focus schools without doing the quest you don't know how important focus is to the game.", I didn't even know such obvious thing had to be explained. 

The stat Wrennah is basing your hours on is the mission timer in your stats page on your profile. It doesn't count time in the orbiter, relays, etc.

I can definitely say something is wrong with the usage time, my profile says Volt is my most used (36.7%) but I signed up for Warframe back in 2015, then a month later, I bought platinum so I could buy Volt Prime. Volt Prime has 24.2% usage, There's no way I played more with base Volt than I did with Prime in less than a month.

That's even more weird, if it's in mission it should be a lot less, I am a fashion specialist, I spend most of my time testing new colors and thinking about new loadouts or maybe I underrate my farming time? That being said, it really doesn't matter.