Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I see posts are getting deleted / Hidden again

Sibernetika

Posts and threads are only removed if they violate the code of conduct (or the EULA/Terms of Use Agreement), or if they are quoting or responding to another post which is removed for violating the rules.

If you think a post was removed by a moderator in error (that the post did not violate the rules, wasn't quoting or responding to a post that was violating the rules, etc), you should contact a moderator to raise your concerns, or contact support with a support ticket.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

Rage posts, specially one calling out moderators by name would be edited out for naming and shaming and at that point, whats the point making the OP look like a fool on the stocks in a locked thread. Its best for the angry one just to disappear

I completely agree with this.  Nicely said.  

6 minutes ago, Sibernetika said:

Instead of getting locked to sink down to the bottom I have never liked this practice of the team considering DE is all about transparency. 

Some threads have no reason to exist.  The one attacking one of the moderators is a prime example. Other threads that are in blatant violation of the rules and guidelines are other examples. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Posts and threads are only removed if they violate the code of conduct (or the EULA/Terms of Use Agreement), or if they are quoting or responding to another post which is removed for violating the rules.

If you think a post was removed by a moderator in error (that the post did not violate the rules, wasn't quoting or responding to a post that was violating the rules, etc), you should contact a moderator to raise your concerns, or contact support with a support ticket.

There was a time moderation teams would clean posts / edit the OP but never delete the post unless it was just really going off the track but I have noticed a lot of posts some of them really not violating the guidelines just disappearing over the years. 

1 minute ago, Sibernetika said:

There was a time moderation teams would clean posts / edit the OP but never delete the post unless it was just really going off the track but I have noticed a lot of posts some of them really not violating the guidelines just disappearing over the years. 

Sure that the ones not breaking rules and "just disappearing" are not ones being consolidated into mega-threads? Because thats what I personally see ALL the time.

2 minutes ago, Sibernetika said:

Trust me when I say that the one that got removed recently needed to be removed badly.  There was no amount of cleaning that one that could be done without having huge gaps of blank space in both the opening post and the topic title. Deleting it completely was the best option.  

11 minutes ago, Sibernetika said:

considering DE is all about transparency.

Since when is DE transparent? They show us many things, true that, but there is sooo much I would like to get feedback on. Like "yes we are aware of this issue/bug and are trying to reproduce and fix it and is going well or it may take a while". I don't even want dates or periods when this happen, but more than enough threads of myself which include many many issues/bugs were all archived and none were fixed.

Same goes to Devstream answers. I am aware that they just can't quote all the questions, but I have the feeling they pick one or two convenient ones and that's it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sibernetika said:

We still do those things very frequently, cleaning posts and editing thread titles to make them relevant to the thread's content. If something is salvageable we do so. We also merge threads that are similar (discussing the same topic), and many times users think their posts were deleted when they were just merged (checking your own post history in your profile will let you see if the post has been merged, and if so, which thread it's now located in).

But if it's laced with so many rule violations (i.e. profanity every second word, lots of caps lock, nonstop raging) or the thread or post itself was made with the intent to violate the rules (such as naming and shaming, insulting or attacking others, spamming, etc) then we will simply remove it from public view; the moderators (and DE forum staff) can still view it if necessary. All of our actions are logged, and we do not have the ability to delete posts, only hide them from public view.

8 minutes ago, Sibernetika said:

A lot of those posts get lost in megathreads or are removed at the posters request. 

4 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Since when is DE transparent? They show us many things, true that, but there is sooo much I would like to get feedback on. Like "yes we are aware of this issue/bug and are trying to reproduce and fix it and is going well or it may take a while". I don't even want dates or periods when this happen, but more than enough threads of myself which include many many issues/bugs were all archived and none were fixed.

Same goes to Devstream answers. I am aware that they just can't quote all the questions, but I have the feeling they pick one or two convenient ones and that's it.

Warframe devs adapted a transparent way of working years ago, in their own words "to keep them honest" 

2 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

checking your own post history in your profile will let you see...

...that even existing posts don't show up there sometimes.

I was searching for an Ember Rework Thread in which I was theorycrafting with another guy. After an hour or so I gave up checking my profile and just used google out of desperation...and guess what. Google showed the thread and my post was there. Iirc it was August 2018 so I went back to my profile and 100% wasn't there...I posted about 3 or 4 times ITT and none of them showed up in my profile.

Do you know why that is?

Just now, Sibernetika said:

Warframe devs adapted a transparent way of working years ago, in their own words "to keep them honest" 

Trust me when I say you do not want the forums and all of the posts we've moderated/removed to be transparent and view-able to the public. You might say you want it, but you really, really don't. 

There are things, vile things, that are much, much better off being hidden and never to be seen. And I mean vile in every sense of the word. There have been things posted that will make you regret having eaten anything in the past 24 hours.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

We still do those things very frequently, cleaning posts and editing thread titles to make them relevant to the thread's content. If something is salvageable we do so. We also merge threads that are similar (discussing the same topic), and many times users think their posts were deleted when they were just merged (checking your own post history in your profile will let you see if the post has been merged, and if so, which thread it's now located in).

But if it's laced with so many rule violations (i.e. profanity every second word, lots of caps lock, nonstop raging) or the thread or post itself was made with the intent to violate the rules (such as naming and shaming, insulting or attacking others, spamming, etc) then we will simply remove it from public view; the moderators (and DE forum staff) can still view it if necessary. All of our actions are logged, and we do not have the ability to delete posts, only hide them from public view.

As long as it's viewable by DE staff for them to take action on it them I'm fine with it in a sense, the posts I'm talking about is non mega thread posts and would point out certain community problems or website bugs 

Just now, GnarlsDarkley said:

...that even existing posts don't show up there sometimes.

I was searching for an Ember Rework Thread in which I was theorycrafting with another guy. After an hour or so I gave up checking my profile and just used google out of desperation...and guess what. Google showed the thread and my post was there. Iirc it was August 2018 so I went back to my profile and 100% wasn't there...I posted about 3 or 4 times ITT and none of them showed up in my profile.

Do you know why that is?

Yup. Your post history in your profile will only go back so far; if your post is in a thread that has become 'archived' (the forum's way of auto-locking a thread and 'storing' it long term) then it's no longer considered an active post and won't show up in your profile. I also believe there's a certain amount of time that, once elapsed, a post will no longer show up in your post history (this is usually on the scale of years, however).

2 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Trust me when I say you do not want the forums and all of the posts we've moderated/removed to be transparent and view-able to the public. You might say you want it, but you really, really don't. 

There are things, vile things, that are much, much better off being hidden and never to be seen. And I mean vile in every sense of the word. There have been things posted that will make you regret having eaten anything in the past 24 hours.

Yeah, like a certain fan fic involving myself and a MOA. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sibernetika said:

As long as it's viewable by DE staff for them to take action on it them I'm fine with it in a sense, the posts I'm talking about is non mega thread posts and would point out certain community problems or website bugs 

Yeah, DE can view everything, even stuff that we (the moderators) hide. If a thread is reporting a bug (and again, isn't a rage post, filled with insults, profanity, etc) then we wouldn't hide or remove it--we might merge it though, if there's another thread describing the same bug.

2 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Yeah, like a certain fan fic involving myself and a MOA. 

5sxkxfw.jpg

5 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Yeah, DE can view everything, even stuff that we (the moderators) hide. If a thread is reporting a bug (and again, isn't a rage post, filled with insults, profanity, etc) then we wouldn't hide or remove it--we might merge it though, if there's another thread describing the same bug.

5sxkxfw.jpg

Oh good, I'm the only one who remembers that horror show.

1 minute ago, Sibernetika said:

Oh yeah I saw the gif on another site 

Oh dear, I didn't know there was a .gif

22 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

Why would anyone want to go back and look at a locked thread anyway?  That's the equivalent of visiting an abandoned building.

Are you kidding me, when you see locked topic with lots of comments then you know it's time to heat up some popcorn.