Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 10 Made The Game Un-Fun

Zephro

So, everyone complains about how the game has gotten too easy and now that it's a little harder... everything is taking too long?

Comedy.

Except it's not 'a little harder'. It's not even harder at all. It's just that everything takes forever now because you're slower.

So, everyone complains about how the game has gotten too easy and now that it's a little harder... everything is taking too long?

Comedy.

How does moving slow make it harder? It just takes longer to play, which takes a lot of the fun out it. So, if you mean harder as in harder to want to play, then sir you hit the nail on the head.

3-4 minutes x10 runs = 30-40 minutes.

9-10 minutes x10 runs = 90-100 minutes. ( 1hr30min-1hr40min)

So you're basically adding an hour for ten minutes. Not a huge deal, huh? 

I've also heard stories of players who took 50+ runs to get a warframe's pieces.

3-4 minutes x50 runs = 150-200 minutes. (2hrs30min-3hrs20min)

9-10 minutes x50 runs = 450-500 minutes. (7hrs30min-8hrs20min) 

It still isn't a huge deal.

I'm sorry that you're upset the game wont give you everything you want merely for showing up. If you want instant gratification, go download angry birds on a tablet.

People that play this game are running it into the ground. By the time Digital Extremes is done pandering to everyone, it will be a bare bones casual experience where people speed run everything until there's nothing left to savor after 25 hours of gameplay. It will be similar to the disgusting mess that Diablo 3 is. 

Edited by Kontonno

I'm sorry that you're upset that the game wont give you everything you want merely for showing up. If you want instant gratification, go download angry birds on a tablet.

People that play this game are running it into the ground. By the time Digital Extremes is done pandering to everyone, it will be a bare bones casual experience where people speed run everything until there's nothing left to savor after 25 hours of gameplay.

Yeah don't listen to the beta testers testing the game saying "you're boring us to tears with endless, mindless grinding" Listen to the one guy that thinks it allows him to "savor" the experience. It is not wrong to ask for quality in this game, don't be affraid.

Edited by ZeroPhobic

3. DE didn't say anything at all about this. They had a vague 'we want to make Stamina useful', and because the forums are pretty cool dudes who don't think DE are incompetent morons, we expected them to make block awesome, make dodge awesome and use stamina, and make sprinting awesome. What we got is DE defining 'useful' as 'annoying'.

I think DE understood it not as to make it more "useful" but as to make it more "valuable"

Stamina has always been valuable and necessary to pull of some crazy acrobatic feats (esp. during combat)

DE instead made it valuable in terms of commodity and not utility

While not as rare, iron is hellova a lot more useful than gold (according to the bronze age anyway)

Please turn stamina back into iron DE

Too Long, Read Everything......

Anyway....   Update 10 is rather enjoyable, and like the new stam system.   Not that I really noticed anything given that I normally walk walks when alone, and only rush when i'm honestly trying to rush cause I just want a few credits a little bit of exp on a frame or weapon before i need to take care of stuff in my life that pulls me away from the game.    

If you want to rush a mission use the mods that are for that. otherwise those of us that prefer surivibility well mod that way.   I play to have fun, not rush to the end of things.   Heck I even have two planets untouched cause I just don't care to hit the end game yet @_@.  I'm taking my time, and enjoying the game.   If i am to grip about something its the new ammo pack system.   I'm iffy on it, but can also do clan research on them, so maybe those ones are cheaper then the market when done, just need to farm up the mats to do the search.   Oh well, its a change, might be bad in the end or good.   Can't tell after just a few hours, need to spend time to learn the new systems and understand the reasons for it.   

Heck I don't know if its the nerco frame that I bought with money cause... why not xD.   Or the new stam system, but @_@ finally beat the obsticule course in my dojo for hte first time ever.   Mostly cause I suck but still @_@ its an achivement in my book.

Lol I for one don't see much difference I still just walk/run right past enemies like nothing. I can understand the rushers and the take it easy people and both are right in a sense some missions you need the stam others you don't. Still it's pretty mean to rage at the developers just because they did something you don't like, after all their the ones putting the time and hard work into making this game to the way they feel they want it to be.

Im sorry, but i dont think crashing into an enemy base, slicing people with giant fists and spraying at tanky people with a giant space LMG is very ninja like.

This is a TEAM GAME.

The only people that are complaining about this are people that cba to put a Quick rest, or a Marathon Mod onto their warframe.
I myself have a speed farming warframe, loki, and il be honest ive noticed not much difference.

I personally love update 10. its making people work together more, and people that arnt willing to change are just complaining instead of doing simple fixes.

Im sorry, but i dont think crashing into an enemy base, slicing people with giant fists and spraying at tanky people with a giant space LMG is very ninja like.

I'm sorry, but it is infinitely more 'ninja like' than slowly lumbering towards things because you don't have any ability to be agile without wasting mod space on mods that don't actually help you in a fight.

This is a TEAM GAME.

The only people that are complaining about this are people that cba to put a Quick rest, or a Marathon Mod onto their warframe.

I myself have a speed farming warframe, loki, and il be honest ive noticed not much difference.

Yes, yes, not much of a difference. See, before, if you put one mod on your warframe (Rush), you could more or less keep up with rushers without issue. Now you need 3. If you are actually playing the game instead of being an awful rusher, you generally will be using those mod slots for other things, because that's effectively half of your mod capacity unless you're dropping abilities. So you run Rush/Quick Rest/Marathon, and then you have Redirection (it's practically mandatory for high-level content) and then you have what, 2 mods left?

A whopping 2 mods worth of customization. This is so much more fun than the previous system, especially now that you have a ton of pretty cool mods that nobody can use because you have no space for them and you need that space for necessities.

I personally love update 10. its making people work together more, and people that arnt willing to change are just complaining instead of doing simple fixes.

Yes, I'm sure making rushers and non-rushers even more imbalanced makes people 'work together more'.

This stamina change has:

1. Made rushing worse

2. Made gameplay worse

3. Made modding worse

4. Made movement worse

And that's it. All it's done is make the game worse. There are no redeeming qualities to it. It means that the people who mod their frames for rushing win at everything forever and now someone who's relatively skilled but doesn't mod for rushing can't keep up with those guys. It means that the people who want to fight in the open by using dodging and acrobatics and melee are even weaker now than the guys who sit their butts behind a crate and shoot things forever. It takes problems that people have recognized for ages and makes them worse.

There is nothing redeeming about Update 10's stamina changes. If they wanted to stop people from using sliding to get infinite sprint, they should have just removed sprint period (and made all warframes move that fast) or given all warframes infinite sprint by default. That would have been easier, would have been empowering, and wouldn't have broken the game.

Edited by MJ12

If anything these Stamina changes have kind of poured gas into the Rusher/no rusher thing. I play a tank rhino and it is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to keep up. 

I honestly don't know how you would balance fast and slow frames. Maybe so that slow frames move slow but their stamina last longer. While as fast frames can bounce about but their stamina drains faster. So the heavies can last longer but they go slower while as the squishies can go faster but only for short bursts. 

I don't know. I doubt there's a solution that makes all parties happy here. 

I'm actually fine with this. Yeah, it seems a bit tedious at the moment, but thats because we were accustomed to previous system. I feel the game makes you be a bit more calculated rather than diving headlong all over the place like before.

I'll play for a while, try to see where it takes me.

In case this system remains, we definitely need some stamina-related auras, though.

Welp, guess some people are never truly satisfied with anything really. I can't say anything for myself, haven't tried the game yet, still updating. But even so, to all those complaining and ragefesting:

Take it easy fellas. Whining and nitpicking at every little thing in U10 like this just makes you look like spoilt children. Just calm the hek down and wait for a hotfix or an announcement from DE.

You know why people are mad?

1. "Being able to move fast" wasn't even close to a problem. Rushers are going to exist in this game even if you nerf all Warframes to moving at the speed of Master Chief in Halo 1, because enemy drops are generally not very rewarding (compare to say, Diablo II where loot drops all the time even if most of it is basically trash), the rewards for mission completion are all frontloaded for completing the mission rather than doing things in it,

2. This game is a game which was advertised as 'an awesome space ninja game where you're this super agile guy/chick that moves super fast'. Anything that changes this leaves a sour taste in people's mouths. Imagine if you bought a videogame because it was super-realistic modern warfare. And then suddenly, a year in, the developers add characters made out of magical animated candy, magic wands, and laser guns. This is the exact equivalent of what's happening.

3. DE didn't say anything at all about this. They had a vague 'we want to make Stamina useful', and because the forums are pretty cool dudes who don't think DE are incompetent morons, we expected them to make block awesome, make dodge awesome and use stamina, and make sprinting awesome. What we got is DE defining 'useful' as 'annoying'.

I agree 100% with all of this.  Thank you for articulating these ideas so well.  Here's a novel idea: if DE wants to discourage rushers, why not give bonuses based on total team kills.  For instance, make the credit reward at the end based on number of kills.  Hobbling our frames so we move like Dr. House was not the answer.

Welp, guess some people are never truly satisfied with anything really. I can't say anything for myself, haven't tried the game yet, still updating. But even so, to all those complaining and ragefesting:

Take it easy fellas. Whining and nitpicking at every little thing in U10 like this just makes you look like spoilt children. Just calm the hek down and wait for a hotfix or an announcement from DE.

I'm a very patient person, and I usually have a lot of faith in DE.  This is the first time I've ever been angry over a change and really felt the need to complain.  The stamina nerf really killed the whole feel of the game.  I hope you'll agree when you play it.

I'm a very patient person, and I usually have a lot of faith in DE.  This is the first time I've ever been angry over a change and really felt the need to complain.  The stamina nerf really killed the whole feel of the game.  I hope you'll agree when you play it.

That depends, still patching. 234MBs to go...

I'm sorry that you're upset the game wont give you everything you want merely for showing up. If you want instant gratification, go download angry birds on a tablet.

People that play this game are running it into the ground. By the time Digital Extremes is done pandering to everyone, it will be a bare bones casual experience where people speed run everything until there's nothing left to savor after 25 hours of gameplay. It will be similar to the disgusting mess that Diablo 3 is. 

LOLz, n00b. This game has NEVER had 'instant-gratification' as a feature. WTF are you even on about? We hate this change because there is NO gratification to be found in it - because this change has introduced a limitation that was unnecessary and is causing grief for the majority.

DE, please learn that you CANNOT iron out toxic behavior in an online community, only discourage it by rewarding those who do not partake. As someone has already stated - if rushing is such a problem, make total enemy kills for the team give out an obvious bonus rather than trying, once again (ahem, EMBER nerfs) to FORCE your playerbase into a certain style i.e. SLOW. Only the plebs cannot keep up - don't force us down to their level - make us WANT to change things up, kill more baddies and break more loot chests. We don't do that already because IT IS BORING AND UNREWARDING.

Please, DE - find another way to implement what is is that you are trying to do. This is not going to cut it for most of us, as you can no doubt gather from the majority of the feedback here.  

Make it so that The Lotus, at the end of say, a prisoner rescue, goes "HOLY GAWWD! You guys killed 500 doodz? Now THAT will teach those Grineer not to screw with our people! Have an extra Neurode!"     

Edited by psyanide