Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Un-Achievable

VenomousValentine

I feel like the only person frustrated with this, but can we please remove the achievements on steam (And other applicable platforms) for MR 27-28-29-30 as they are literally impossible to get until more content comes out?

I feel like steam should have disallowed this or something. What is the point of an achievement if you CAN'T get it.

Just let me 100% this game please.

Just now, (XB1)Oussii said:

Not really a year

The achievements are there as a plan for the future, and why are you frustrated about it?

with warframe you can never have 100% achievements

That's why I'm mad... I like to get every achievement in the games I enjoy.
It's the principle, you simply SHOULD NOT be allowed to put achievements that can't be gotten.

Just add the achievements when they're available.

My question is 'Why does it irk you so much?'  It really doesn't matter and I'd rather have them there and know they will be achievable in future than not have them there and wait for them to be added after I've gotten the MR and risk an annoying bug where it doesn't properly back-check the requirements.

Edited by Starfreak911

Just now, Starfreak911 said:

Why question is 'Why does it irk you so much?'  It really doesn't matter and I'd rather have them there and know they will be achievable in future than not have them there and wait for them to be added after I've gotten the MR and risk an annoying bug where it doesn't properly back-check the requirements.

Just make them available with the update that it becomes possible with like they did with fortuna achievements. It makes my game completion percentage worse in my steam profile for one.

I get that it seems weird to a lot of people but it just really bothers me. Maybe it's just my autism.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VenomousValentine said:

Just make them available with the update that it becomes possible with like they did with fortuna achievements. It makes my game completion percentage worse in my steam profile for one.

I get that it seems weird to a lot of people but it just really bothers me. Maybe it's just my autism.

Except that the time at which the MR is obtainable is different for different people based on founders/legacy weapons.

And for context OCD and ADD are in my actual autistic diagnosis so it's prob not entirely because of that for you.

Just now, Starfreak911 said:

Except that the time at which the MR is obtainable is different for different people based on founders/legacy weapons.

And for context OCD and ADD are in my actual autistic diagnosis so it's prob not entirely because of that for you.

So add it as soon as it's possible for founders? It's achievable by SOME people, so it makes sense for the achievement to exist.

But at the current point in time, anyone with the MR27 achievement hacked their steam.

7 minutes ago, VenomousValentine said:

So add it as soon as it's possible for founders? It's achievable by SOME people, so it makes sense for the achievement to exist.

But at the current point in time, anyone with the MR27 achievement hacked their steam.

Possibly, but I think it would be easier to have a steam-side toggle that allows the currently unobtainable achievements to be hidden.  That way everything can be put in place to avoid annoying bugs as well as give people who care about their % to not be annoyed.

1 minute ago, Starfreak911 said:

Possibly, but I think it would be easier to have a steam-side toggle that allows the currently unobtainable achievements to be hidden.  That way everything can be put in place to avoid annoying bugs as well as give people who care about their % to not be annoyed.

I would be cool with that, but it's not the case.

37 minutes ago, VenomousValentine said:

It's the principle, you simply SHOULD NOT be allowed to put achievements that can't be gotten.

The thing is that you made up this principle.
Let's be real, what you are angry about is there since forever.
Why does it bug you NOW? You are a Founder. You started playing over 5 years ago. But NOW it is a problem? Get over it. Just as you did for 5 years.

2 hours ago, VenomousValentine said:

I feel like the only person frustrated with this

Oh no. There's probably five other players with acute completionist syndrome, like you.

But this sounds like a problem that DE is unlikely to address because, save a couple of OCD being triggered, it is not a problem for the game. DE put up those achievements when they didn't even know if the game would survive for two months: they're not going to remove them now that the goal looks like it might be almost in sight.

18 hours ago, Dhrekr said:

Oh no. There's probably five other players with acute completionist syndrome, like you.

But this sounds like a problem that DE is unlikely to address because, save a couple of OCD being triggered, it is not a problem for the game. DE put up those achievements when they didn't even know if the game would survive for two months: they're not going to remove them now that the goal looks like it might be almost in sight.

Out of 30 million registered losers, I think there's probably a few thousands more than what you're saying.

Either way, it's still S#&$ty to add achievements that you can't achieve. My only thought about that is, How about we DON'T have these in there for the time being? Is that just too much to ask for the people that care about 100% achievable, achievements, or do you just not care and are disparaging them for no real reason other than, Just because?

Let me put it this way.

I can live knowing I can't get 100% on hard or time consuming achievements, I've had those kinds of games that I've put on hold, but it's against the spirit of achieving to add things you cannot unlock in a game, even if it's only for the time being, someone obviously cares even if that's 1 in 20 people, that's why achievements exist. They wouldn't exist otherwise.

These things should only be added if they can be unlocked, it's the same for PoE or Fortuna, they added the content first and after that the achievements, not the other way around.

My question is. Why do you people feel this need to shoot the messenger who asked this valid question? Why can't people just ask this freely? It's a good question, from the standing of someone who obviously cares about completion and if you don't care about that, then what are you even doing here right now? Having an opinion is one thing, berating people because of your opinion despite their preferences of enjoyment, that flies in the face of having many different things in the game to enjoy for everyone.

This is even more strange when you consider how much of Warframe's model is similar to collect-a-thons, I say it in jest sometimes, but completion is nothing new to Warframe.

7 hours ago, toxicitzi said:

Let me put it this way.

I can live knowing I can't get 100% on hard or time consuming achievements, I've had those kinds of games that I've put on hold, but it's against the spirit of achieving to add things you cannot unlock in a game, even if it's only for the time being, someone obviously cares even if that's 1 in 20 people, that's why achievements exist. They wouldn't exist otherwise.

These things should only be added if they can be unlocked, it's the same for PoE or Fortuna, they added the content first and after that the achievements, not the other way around.

My question is. Why do you people feel this need to shoot the messenger who asked this valid question? Why can't people just ask this freely? It's a good question, from the standing of someone who obviously cares about completion and if you don't care about that, then what are you even doing here right now? Having an opinion is one thing, berating people because of your opinion despite their preferences of enjoyment, that flies in the face of having many different things in the game to enjoy for everyone.

This is even more strange when you consider how much of Warframe's model is similar to collect-a-thons, I say it in jest sometimes, but completion is nothing new to Warframe.

It's not an innocent question, they're not asking  why it was made this way, they want unachievable achievments to be removed