The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You've tuned in to Nora Night, Dreamers. Right here on WIFI 101.9 Your late night destination for only the best of the oldies.

BBaw

Nora Night sounds like she runs a 3AM radio program dedicated to the smooth sounds of the golden oldies..and murder.   Shes going on and on about stuff that doesn't make any sense, murders, beauty and love, all things that don't go together unless you're a psychopath.  I imagine this is a pretty appropriate time to blabber on about these things as the only people awake at that hour are actually half asleep.  I keep waiting for her to take a question from caller #1.

Whatever is coming might very well fit into all of this and I certainly hope it does but if it doesn't come quick its going to get a bit old and more than a bit creepy quick fast in a hurry.  It also, in the present, doesn't sound very much like warframe materiel.  It sounds like like I was playing warframe and accidentally tuned into some strange late night radio broadcast on my scanner.  I think Ordis has a screw loose again and I'm not real sure which module I need to craft in order to fix it.

I'm used to the familiar tone of Ordis and the Lotus.  There is always a sense of urgency without paranoia, more so with the Lotus.  Very fitting for the environment.  It helps keep me excited about things to come,  and gives the character a sense that they aren't alone to make all the decisions themselves as there is someone else there with a competence and control.  Its a matter of stability and reliance and has a necessary grounding effect before we blast off to tackle the great unknowns of space. 

This, Nora, has no sense of urgency, she sounds like shes bitter, been playing some sad game of life for far too long.  Shes mumbling on about shallow thoughts of beauty and love when its clear she definitely has none of that in her life from all the bitter overtones.   You don't talk about murders or betrayals or gasping a last breath and in the same thought bring it around to love and beauty without being a sociopath.   Sounds like shes lost her mind. Shes droning on and on.  I'm not really motivated to help her all that much whatever her plight may be,  doesn't sound like shes got very many redeeming qualities left in her.  I mean I like Ordis, hes got a bit of silliness in him despite his hard knocks life,  and the Lotus,  who doesn't love their mom, right?  Her sense of urgency rests strongly in her desire to keep the Tenno safe.  I'm sure she has motivations and aspirations about all kinds of things that we where not privy to over the last thousand years.  Shes got a lot on her plate.  Daddy issues, Mommy issues?, and most of the warframe universe is unaccepting of her children. That single mom definitely could use a little understanding and maybe a helping hand. (Still waiting for that one to come back around)

....but this lady... ehh,  I'm still trying to figure out how to change the station to something more upbeat,  I mean you think its easy to pilot this orbiter through the dark reaches of space listening to that drone on and on and onnnnnn.... Its already hard enough to keep my eyes open, what if I crash into a planet!  Have you thought about that?!

This is obviously premature and....it would be great if everything I wrote was misplaced.  Maybe she gets moved to a daytime slot, finds herself a little ray of sunshine and an ever so slight glimmer of hope back in her life?   That girl needs somethin, mhmm.

1 minute ago, DerGreif2 said:

How about the general section and not that one in feedback? Otherwise I also get radio vibes from it.

This is my feedback.   I'm not really sure if her tone was intended but that's what I'm getting from it.  It doesn't seem to fit the game for me,  and like I said, I'm definitely not very motivated to help her out or even discover what has her all terminally bitter.   That kinda bitterness isn't something that gets fixed by pandering.  Her tone is as if she is relishing in lifelong vengeance and bitterness.   Vengeance isn't a cure for anything and I don't wanna help the girl further on down that dark road she has chosen.

It just sounds a bit corny too, in a not so immersive way.

I don't see anything weird in that considering people all around the world in history have committed murder for what they considered beautiful or lovely and a realistic worldview is bound to make you somewhat bitter, if anything not being bitter would be a sign of being a socio/psychopath.

39 minutes ago, Castlefrost said:

Man i envy you guys, ive been playing for days now and i still dont hear a Nora in my scanner since its turned off, its a habit thats kinda hard to remove since turning off the scanner is the first thing i do after i log in 😞

You're not missing out on anything. It is basically just populist drivel and inane, pseudo-spiritual rambling. I'm already at a point, where I wish we get the opportunity to shoot her in the face. Turning the scanner off then on again switches it back to the usual grineer chatter, but I can't get bothered to do this every time, I get back to the liset.

12 hours ago, BBaw said:

This is my feedback.   I'm not really sure if her tone was intended but that's what I'm getting from it.  It doesn't seem to fit the game for me,  and like I said, I'm definitely not very motivated to help her out or even discover what has her all terminally bitter.  

It feels like the propaganda radio from WWII. I figure that she's one of Natah's cousins or something, creating what's supposed to be a welcoming voice from somewhere in that outer darkness. 

I dunno what she wants from us, but I am not particularly inclined to trust anyone. Not even if she offers to send over 5 crates of goods for inspection, that I wouldn't need to return. 😒

9 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Not even if she offers to send over 5 crates of goods for inspection, that I wouldn't need to return. 😒

Would, ah... Whould there by any chance be a few bottles of Sedna Dark Rum in said crates?

• Like 1

Her entire conversation is just strange to me.  Are we meant to kill this person or help her?

"Help! My kavat is stuck in a tree!"

"Help! My orbiter is on fire!"

"Help!  My race/culture/planet/way of life is in eminent peril!"

These are all things that I would careen my orbiter towards a planets surface to address.  After I grabbed a ladder, a pail of water, and possibly some duct tape.

and then we have...

"Hey, I've wasted my entire life plotting revenge and finally carrying it out, can you relate to that?  I think you and I will make beautiful music together."

"Uhhh...No?"  "I think you and I ended up in the same zip code by mistake..."   is the general direction my response is heading. 

I mean why would I want to get mixed up in someone else's paranoid depravity.   The Man?  The System?  Those are all battles she's gotta fight in her own mind,  not something I wanna get mixed up in.  I'm not gonna suit up Mag and go wave a banner saying "heeck no, we won't go,  heeck no, we won't go"   Or just go murder somebody cuz shes angry about her situation,  I mean its not like all the revenge in the universe will ever fix anything.

So, is the truth really nothing like this at all?  I'm really interested to see where they go with it cuz if that was supposed to be a cry for help, well, shes got a funny way of asking.   There is definitely no intensity in her voice.  Shes trying to sell me stale bread is what shes doing,  toasting it and putting a little butter on it to make it appear to be something it ain't, a little grape jelly on the side so it don't taste........WOMAN I GOT FRESH BREAD AT THE HOUSE! Getthatoffamyplate!

13 hours ago, Yrkul said:

Would, ah... Whould there by any chance be a few bottles of Sedna Dark Rum in said crates?

I'm from the Caribbean, there's always rum. There's always been rum. There will always be rum. Much of the population has been exposed to the point of near immunity. We are as Mithridates, often unable to use it to produce the effects we desire. It holds little allure. 

Cider on the other hand, is made from apples. These exotic, and mysterious fruits don't grow in our warm climate. We often have no natural immunity to it's debilitating effects. 🍻

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Cider on the other hand, is made from apples. These exotic, and mysterious fruits don't grow in our warm climate. We often have no natural immunity to it's debilitating effects. 🍻

Scumble is made from apples... Well, mostly apples.

But even a bottle of Nanny Ogg's strongest will make me trust this Nora character. I'll be thoroughly hammered, but I still won't trust her.

3 hours ago, Yrkul said:

Scumble is made from apples... Well, mostly apples.

But even a bottle of Nanny Ogg's strongest will make me trust this Nora character. I'll be thoroughly hammered, but I still won't trust her.

A bottle of scumble would hammer you about 6 feet into the ground¹, my friend. At that point you would probably only be able to trust someone WHO SPEAKS IN ALL CAPITALS. 

¹ If the ground were frozen, and solid diamond. 

44 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

A bottle of scumble would hammer you about 6 feet into the ground¹, my friend. At that point you would probably only be able to trust someone WHO SPEAKS IN ALL CAPITALS. 

¹ If the ground were frozen, and solid diamond. 

Welcome to danish drinking culture.

deathatparty.jpg

1 hour ago, Yrkul said:

Welcome to danish drinking culture.

deathatparty.jpg

I know that guy. His name is Bill... Bill Sky, no wait Door, Bill Door. Good fellow but mostly sticks to himself. Shows up for the sugar cane harvest, works really hard. For such a skinny guy he sure can drink. 

I'd trust him much further than this Nora Night person. 

• Like 1