The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave could be a good way to encourage PvP gameplay

Remy_Lacroix

And it could even be done with no need of stepping on the toes of PvE focused players by simply putting some conclave related challenges additional to the already existing 12 PvE ones, this way, players who enjoy conclave more than PvE (like me) can progress through the syndicate without going out of our way for it; Players who enjoy both PvE and PvP in a similar way see their progress sped up by playing the game as a whole; while PvE only players can still progress at the intended pace since the PvP related challenges wouldn't affect the existing PvE ones.

Some of the challenges i think would be neat to have are:
Play 10 minutes of conclave: It says 10 minutes since that's what a match lasts, however, it's stated like that simply because a match can finish way too early when no enemies are left in the lobby, and I'm pretty sure that such mechanic would be exploited to death in order to get an easy challenge done.

Get 5 kills in a match: I know some players able to get nearly 10 times that amount of kills in a single match, but this one is intended for help those who struggle a bit without being neither "too easy" nor "too grindy"

• Daily - 1000 Standing
    • Play 10 minutes of conclave: It says 10 minutes since that's what a match lasts, however, it's stated like that simply because a match can finish way too early when no enemies are left in the lobby, and I'm pretty sure that such mechanic would be exploited to death in order to get an easy challenge done.
    • Get 5 kills or score 3 points in a match: I know some players able to get nearly 10 times that amount of kills in a single match, but this one is intended for help those who struggle a bit without being neither "too easy" nor "too grindy". Also, I don't like Lunaro, but i think its playerbase deseres some love too.
  • Weekly - 3000 Standing
    • Play 60 minutes of conclave.
    • Get 20 conclave kills or Score 9 points in Lunaro.
    • Complete 4 daily challenges.
  • Elite Weekly - 5000 Standing
    • Complete all 3 conclave weekly tasks.
    • Get 50 conclave kills or score 15 points in Lunaro.
    • Play 90 minutes of conclave.

Challenges and numbers are just there for reference, DE could tweak them or create some different ones as they want in order to achieve the same purpose.

I know the system isn't perfect and needs many improvements and so does conclave, however, i think that integrating it with the nightwave challenges as an optional way to get standing would be a neat way to attract players to it and increase the amount of feedback related to it so DE finally starts working on some much needed improvements. Also, leaving conclave to stagnate until even its dedicated playerbase gets tired of it and goes away won't fix anything while DE would be losing the small chunk of its playerbase that has actually managed to master all of the systems they have developed for this amazing game.

PS: I hope people can be reasonable about this topic, read completely instead of going "REEEEEEEEEEE"  after only reading the title.

For anyone who has made it this far after reading the whole topic: Thanks for your time.

• Like 9

A good way to make people play PvP is to make PvP good. Trying to encourage people to farm it for Nightwave standing isn't going to make them enjoy it, it's going to make them hate it more, assuming they don't simply exploit the system to grind it out as fast as possible.

• Like 14

Just now, Remy_Lacroix said:

You should at least learn how to comprehend what you read (assuming you actually read the topic, which you most likely didn't) before replying.

I don't need to even bother with reading, your title says everything. You're talking about PvP being encouraged in a PvE system. Oh yeah, I can ignore it, but then guess what, I lose out on standing, which means I may not get the high rank rewards. And this system is already grindy enough, not to mention time locked, so any standing I lose is a serious blow to my chances to get what I want. So, NO!

hace 1 minuto, AdunSaveMe dijo:

A good way to make people play PvP is to make PvP good. Trying to encourage people to farm it for Nightwave standing isn't going to make them enjoy it, it's going to make them hate it more, assuming they don't simply exploit the system to grind it out as fast as possible.

hace 4 minutos, SutomuDrgn dijo:

id say they would atleast need to fix pvp as a whole first or atleast completely revamp it entirely

The idea is to give players who are on the edge of trying it a reason to finally do it. however, DE's current approach of letting conclave stagnate by not addressing any of the feedback given in the proper subsection even if it's stuff that has been going on for years is much worse than at least trying to attract new players who could make some more noise until they finally notice it and go back to work on it.

• Like 5

hace 1 minuto, Gabbynaru dijo:

I don't need to even bother with reading, your title says everything. You're talking about PvP being encouraged in a PvE system. Oh yeah, I can ignore it, but then guess what, I lose out on standing, which means I may not get the high rank rewards. And this system is already grindy enough, not to mention time locked, so any standing I lose is a serious blow to my chances to get what I want. So, NO!

you clearly didn't read how the pvp related challenges would be "OPTIONAL" to the current system, allowing anyone to get everything either through PvE, PvP or a mixed grind. how is that "forcing you" to play pvp?

• Like 4

you would still be able to have nothing to do with conclave if you don't want to.

adding nightwave standing to coclave will make players feel forced to do it so no.

same with the old trials and arcanes.

its not "optional." if it affects content outside of conclave. 

Edited by hazerddex
  • Like 1

you clearly didn't read how the pvp related challenges would be "OPTIONAL" to the current system, allowing anyone to get everything either through PvE, PvP or a mixed grind. how is that "forcing you" to play pvp?

How is that NOT forcing me? The standing is still there, standing that goes primarily towards PvE related rewards in a primarily PvE related system. The desire to get all the standing is always there, especially with the system geared the way it is. There are no conclave-only rewards that would dissuade me from ignoring the PvP side of things, the rewards are the same, and so making PvP challenges is basically forcing me to play PvP to get PvE content.

Justo ahora, hazerddex dijo:

adding nightwave standing to coclave will make players feel forced to do it so no.

so you'd feel forced to do something even tough you aren't actually required in any way to do it?  at that point it's just a personal issue tbh.

same with the old trials and arcanes.

trials had a lot of issues aside from low player engagement and arcanes tied to them

its not "optional." if it affects content outside of conclave. 

Formas and Catalysts are useful in conclave too, so i wouldn't say that these are "content outside of conclave", however, these challenges would provide an alternative progression route for players who don't care about PvE at all, are a bit behind on some other stuff such as eidolons, or could even work as a catch up mechanic for someone after losing a few weekly cycles. There's nothing wrong with adding choices in an already varied game.

hace 4 minutos, Gabbynaru dijo:

How is that NOT forcing me? The standing is still there, standing that goes primarily towards PvE related rewards in a primarily PvE related system. The desire to get all the standing is always there, especially with the system geared the way it is. There are no conclave-only rewards that would dissuade me from ignoring the PvP side of things, the rewards are the same, and so making PvP challenges is basically forcing me to play PvP to get PvE content.

you aren't forced, DE won't holding you hostage threatening your family with awful things if you don't complete said tasks. The system is just another grind for standing which could, as pointed above, have a mixture of both PvP and PvE tasks to encourage varied gameplay. it already shows that DE is trying to diversify gameplay by adding stuff such as the scans, eiolons, cetus bounties, etc to the challenges, so adding an "OPTIONAL" task for PvP shouldn't be such a big deal. they could even add a toggle to hide it so you don't have to see it if you don't want to.

• Like 4

hace 1 minuto, ToaMimrik dijo:

Allowing PvP tasks to speed up game progression? Something tells me there's going to be an unprecedented surge of activity in Oceania :clem:

Those players would end up having a hardfer time filling the challenges since they usually quit as soon as someone they don't know joins the lobby, that's because they know they are exploiting game mechanics and can be reported for disruptive gameplay and perhaps even for harassing if they go out of their way to flame anyone willing to actually play as intended.

6 minutes ago, Remy_Lacroix said:

you aren't forced, DE won't holding you hostage threatening your family with awful things if you don't complete said tasks. The system is just another grind for standing which could, as pointed above, have a mixture of both PvP and PvE tasks to encourage varied gameplay. it already shows that DE is trying to diversify gameplay by adding stuff such as the scans, eiolons, cetus bounties, etc to the challenges, so adding an "OPTIONAL" task for PvP shouldn't be such a big deal. they could even add a toggle to hide it so you don't have to see it if you don't want to.

Well, you decided to go for the worst example to support your point, didn't you? No, DE isn't physically forcing me to play PvP. But the content is still time limited, so, psychologically, they'd be doing the absolute worst physical pummeling they could do in this game. Read about the fear of missing out, will ya?

LUNARO!

As for @Gabbynaru's worry about "Oh yeah, I can ignore it, but then guess what, I lose out on standing, which means I may not get the high rank rewards"
I add to this suggestion that a daily/weekly can have two completion possibilities when including Conclave opportunities.
Example: You gain 3,000 standing for 15 Lunaro Scores OR 8 Bounties on Orb Vallis. Make it one reward with two paths to complete it.

Edited by NoLife
  • Like 3

hace 8 minutos, Gabbynaru dijo:

Well, you decided to go for the worst example to support your point, didn't you? No, DE isn't physically forcing me to play PvP. But the content is still time limited, so, psychologically, they'd be doing the absolute worst physical pummeling they could do in this game. Read about the fear of missing out, will ya?

FOMO is just a personal issue, and even then, DE is already exploiting it with the current system. An additional way to get these things without taking away from the already existing one shouldn't be a negative thing for you, while it could also be a positive one for others by allowing them to catch up on weeks missing because of whatever reason. The intention of this post is to give an alternative route to get standing, not to take away from the existing one as you seem to assume.

Also, i love how you quote fomo without even thinking of the players who are actually missing out on this system.

Edited by Remy_Lacroix
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Remy_Lacroix said:

The intention of this post is to give an alternative route to get standing, not to take away from the existing one as you seem to assume.

It's still extra standing I could gain in a day/week. Besides, others have brought up a good point: by doing conclave missions you'd be gaining standing for PVE content. That's a no-no.

3 minutes ago, Remy_Lacroix said:

FOMO is just a personal issue, and even then, DE is already exploiting it with the current system. An additional way to get these things without taking away from the already existing one shouldn't be a negative thing for you, while it could also be a positive one for others by allowing them to catch up on weeks missing because of whatever reason. The intention of this post is to give an alternative route to get standing, not to take away from the existing one as you seem to assume.

IF it's an alternative route (as in, when you clear an act in PvP, an equivalent PvE one disappears), then fine, you can have it. But when has DE ever done that? You'd think I'd have been annoyed at the valentines and christmas PvP alerts if I could have gained their rewards in PvE? Nope. But DE didn't do that, and I fear a suggestion like yours will just make it so that there's double the amount of affinity that can be gained, but half of it will be locked to PvP. And that's a best case scenario, cause DE could just halve the gain-able affinity in PvE just so that they can give the removed half to the PvP crowd. So I hope you understand where my apprehension is coming from.

• Like 1

hace 1 minuto, (XB1)Skippy575 dijo:

It's still extra standing I could gain in a day/week. Besides, others have brought up a good point: by doing conclave missions you'd be gaining standing for PVE content. That's a no-no.

it's still standing, sure, but if the issue is the "additional" part of it, DE could cap the amount of daily and weekly challenges, so someone who completes a PvP weekly Elite + 2 PvE Weekly elites becomes unable to complete the remaining weekly elites regardless of the mode these are for.

about people progressing in PvE through PvP care to elaborate in why is that a no-no? as pointed above, the rewards are either useless cosmetics or stuff that is actually useful in the game as a whole such as weapon/warframe slots, forma bundle, catalyst, etc. you can be sure that PvP players aren't free of needing those, and i don't think "buy them with plat" is a proper response to this segment of the playerbase.

• Like 4

hace 3 minutos, Gabbynaru dijo:

IF it's an alternative route (as in, when you clear an act in PvP, an equivalent PvE one disappears), then fine, you can have it. But when has DE ever done that? You'd think I'd have been annoyed at the valentines and christmas PvP alerts if I could have gained their rewards in PvE? Nope. But DE didn't do that, and I fear a suggestion like yours will just make it so that there's double the amount of affinity that can be gained, but half of it will be locked to PvP. And that's a best case scenario, cause DE could just halve the gain-able affinity in PvE just so that they can give the removed half to the PvP crowd. So I hope you understand where my apprehension is coming from.

Skippy's post made me think about it, and i agree with the underlined nbolded part of your post. If the issue is other progressing faster, then i think that an ideal fix would be allowing players to always get a fixed amount of dailies, weeklies, and elite weeklies before the remaining challenges in the same category becomes unable to be completed. That sounds much more reasonable than your initial reply to this topic while also being a decent middle ground imo since it doesn't alienate those few players who enjoy PvP more than PvE (like me) but doesn't give those who enjoy the game as a whole any kind of advantage over those who enjoy a single side of it.

• Like 4