The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We need to talk, DE.

ObviousLee

Just now, Kai said:

So, any aircraft should be able to create tornadoes at will? In this fantasy game where you can slaughter everything with a sneeze. I initially looked at Zephyr as a flying frame when she first came out, but then as the game progressed, she became a wind-based warframe (which was her original concept, it wasn't a bird frame). Look at Garuda, named after a mythical bird and has talons, yet she can't fly, simply because she's blood-based with small elements similar to a bird. Zephyr looks like a bird, but her kit defines her as a wind-based warframe. That's pretty much it. You really can't argue with that, that's just how it is. Look, even the ancient concept of Zephyr's Deluxe Skin made her look like a horse-thing with wings. 

The anger I'm expressing in this post isn't necessarily aimed at you, as opposed to the umpteenth time I've had to point out that  I'm not making the damned comparison to her being a bird and therefore must fly so please stop with the damned strawman arguments!?

Tornadoes are a result of the control of wind. What does Zephyr control?  WIND. What is her body covered in?  FLIGHT SURFACES. How do flight surfaces(airfoils) work? Air flowing over the curved section of the surface creates low pressure zones thus creating lift.

This is literally a simple math solution of 1+1=2.

1: Control over air+2.Flight surfaces covering your body=3. controlled flight.

What is so difficult to grasp about this?

To the OP...

I will join your fight...eventhough Zephyr is my bottom used frame.

I admire your passion. 

I appreciate your logic.

Okay no really, 

I just want more flying and umm yeah Zephyr should fly. 

So come on DE lets get that augment mod that gives Zephyr flight. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Exia0321 said:

To the OP...

I will join your fight...eventhough Zephyr is my bottom used frame.

I admire your passion. 

I appreciate your logic.

Okay no really, 

I just want more flying and umm yeah Zephyr should fly. 

So come on DE lets get that augment mod that gives Zephyr flight. 

To be honest if tailwind gave sustained flight target fixation would likely be one of the more potent 1 slot auggies

4 minutes ago, ObviousLee said:

The anger I'm expressing in this post isn't necessarily aimed at you, as opposed to the umpteenth time I've had to point out that  I'm not making the damned comparison to her being a bird and therefore must fly so please stop with the damned strawman arguments!?

Tornadoes are a result of the control of wind. What does Zephyr control?  WIND. What is her body covered in?  FLIGHT SURFACES. How do flight surfaces(airfoils) work? Air flowing over the curved section of the surface creates low pressure zones thus creating lift.

This is literally a simple math solution of 1+1=2.

1: Control over air+2.Flight surfaces covering your body=3. controlled flight.

What is so difficult to grasp about this?

Can you provide a link that DE confirmed that Zephyr's body is covered in this thing you call Flight Surfaces. I may lack the knowledge you have in regards to this, but I'm pretty sure if DE wants to make a flying rock, they can do so and has no responsibility to explain how they can do it for a game they've created.

EDIT: While it might just be a theory, I believe Zephyr is made out of Oxium, hence her lighter density and ability to float slower than most.

Edited by Kai
  • Like 1

Just now, Kai said:

Can you provide a link that DE confirmed that Zephyr's body is covered in this thing you call Flight Surfaces. I may lack the knowledge you have in regards to this, but I'm pretty sure if DE wants to make a flying rock, they can do so and has no responsibility to explain how they can do it for a game they've created.

sure. Look at her body.

Also I appreciate that you at least  were willing to try to understand where I'm coming from, so for that thank you.

And yes, if they wanted to make a flying rock they can conjure any excuse to do so. My issue is two frames have a more reliable and controlled method of flight than the frame that has the thematics and visual representation of those thematics, when all the linkage to make tailwind into a fully functioning enjoyable flying skill are already present in the mechanic as it is.

https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/atoms/files/axes_control_surfaces_5-8.pdf

This should give you a decent look into what a flight surface is and how they function.

as far as a direct link from DE stating that it is indeed flight surfaces, is something I don't have. But to that I say it's plain as day to anyone with knowledge, and not so much to those who don't. That's not a jab, just an observation.. So, at the risk of sounding sarcastic without the intent of being sarcastic, I say this :do we have any links that indicate the legs of a warframe are in fact, legs?

dont mind me im here with another weird bird 

Image result for weird birds

so this thread has turned into why can hildryn fly and zephyr cant or is just now let zephyr fly please?

if so perhaps change your title so people can be more on point with the topic when they com in to say something

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, seprent said:

dont mind me im here with another weird bird 

Image result for weird birds

so this thread has turned into why can hildryn fly and zephyr cant or is just now let zephyr fly please?

if so perhaps change your title so people can be more on point with the topic when they com in to say something

oh it's still very much on the why can hyldrin and titania have controlled flight but not zephyr. We just got derailed a bit by someone who thought they were going to call me out on false declarations.

10 minutes ago, ObviousLee said:

sure. Look at her body.

Also I appreciate that you at least  were willing to try to understand where I'm coming from, so for that thank you.

And yes, if they wanted to make a flying rock they can conjure any excuse to do so. My issue is two frames have a more reliable and controlled method of flight than the frame that has the thematics and visual representation of those thematics, when all the linkage to make tailwind into a fully functioning enjoyable flying skill are already present in the mechanic as it is.

https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/atoms/files/axes_control_surfaces_5-8.pdf

This should give you a decent look into what a flight surface is and how they function.

as far as a direct link from DE stating that it is indeed flight surfaces, is something I don't have. But to that I say it's plain as day to anyone with knowledge, and not so much to those who don't. That's not a jab, just an observation.. So, at the risk of sounding sarcastic without the intent of being sarcastic, I say this :do we have any links that indicate the legs of a warframe are in fact, legs?

With the recent discussion in Devstream where they showed Wisp and her new sprint animation, I'm pretty sure they referred it as legs (or the lack of it, maybe it was called feet, but you get the point). This knowledge while accessible to anyone, isn't necessarily important to the creation of the warframe, nor will it interest players who doesn't share the same passion as you do - that is to say, while it may be common for you and anyone who has experience and knowledge in the same field to know this facts, it doesn't apply to this game.

While I know your reasoning is that Zephyr has this features that should allow her for finer aerial maneuvers, even to the point of bringing up facts and subjects that can support it. It wasn't necessary, simply stating that Zephyr needs better aerial controls and maneuvers is enough. Players and DE (probably) knows that Zephyr's aerial maneuver is really bad in tight spaces (a.k.a, anything that is not PoE or Orb Vallis). 

Edited by Kai

Just now, Kai said:

With the recent discussion in Devstream where they showed Wisp and her new sprint animation, I'm pretty sure they referred it as legs. This knowledge while accessible to anyone, isn't necessarily important to the creation of the warframe, nor will it interest players who doesn't share the same passion as you do - that is to say, while it may be common for you and anyone who has experience and knowledge in the same field to know this facts, it doesn't apply to this game.

While I know your reasoning is that Zephyr has this features that should allow her to finer aerial maneuvers, even to the point of bringing up facts and subjects that can support it. It wasn't necessary, simply stating that Zephyr needs better aerial controls and maneuvers is enough. Players and DE (probably) knows that Zephyr's aerial maneuver is really bad in tight spaces (a.k.a, anything that is not PoE or Orb Vallis). 

You raise a very valid point. So my question is then what is someone to do when they've done as you and several others have suggested, but the request gets ignored for one frame, but the ideas and suggestions for said frame are super imposed onto another? That's why I've made this thread.

My flight mechanic (not sure if you had the chance to read it yet) actually rectifies those flight issues, with some fine tuning in the "on paper" department it would be a fully functioning skill with no hallway deteriments.

1 minute ago, ObviousLee said:

You raise a very valid point. So my question is then what is someone to do when they've done as you and several others have suggested, but the request gets ignored for one frame, but the ideas and suggestions for said frame are super imposed onto another? That's why I've made this thread.

My flight mechanic (not sure if you had the chance to read it yet) actually rectifies those flight issues, with some fine tuning in the "on paper" department it would be a fully functioning skill with no hallway deteriments.

The Feedback Forums is certainly the right spot, while it might not garner attention from other players like this one in GD, DE certainly takes their time to read them (unproven, but hey, they made that for a reason!). Reddit is also a hot place, but the link is certainly the only place to provide an appropriate feedback without having unwanted discussions that would potentially pull the main topic away.

Another thing to hope, usually when they release Deluxe Skins or Prime Versions (in which case Zephyr already has her Prime), they would fine tune some stuff on the warframe. So we still have hope for Zephyr by the time her Deluxe Skin comes out.

3 minutes ago, Kai said:

The Feedback Forums is certainly the right spot, while it might not garner attention from other players like this one in GD, DE certainly takes their time to read them (unproven, but hey, they made that for a reason!). Reddit is also a hot place, but the link is certainly the only place to provide an appropriate feedback without having unwanted discussions that would potentially pull the main topic away.

Another thing to hope, usually when they release Deluxe Skins or Prime Versions (in which case Zephyr already has her Prime), they would fine tune some stuff on the warframe. So we still have hope for Zephyr by the time her Deluxe Skin comes out.

Thing is, This thread was originally posted in feedback. Why it was moved here and remains here is beyond my comprehension, but I do agree that it should be in feedback.

See, the thing that has me frustrated is the lack of understanding on my part as to the decisions made regarding zephyr titania and hyldrin in relation to aviation. Garuda was used as an example earlier, and she does have a form of temporary levitation, but cannot command a descent or ascent, So I'm not trippin on that.

Edited by ObviousLee

42 minutes ago, Kai said:

With the recent discussion in Devstream where they showed Wisp and her new sprint animation, I'm pretty sure they referred it as legs (or the lack of it, maybe it was called feet, but you get the point). This knowledge while accessible to anyone, isn't necessarily important to the creation of the warframe, nor will it interest players who doesn't share the same passion as you do - that is to say, while it may be common for you and anyone who has experience and knowledge in the same field to know this facts, it doesn't apply to this game.

While I know your reasoning is that Zephyr has this features that should allow her for finer aerial maneuvers, even to the point of bringing up facts and subjects that can support it. It wasn't necessary, simply stating that Zephyr needs better aerial controls and maneuvers is enough. Players and DE (probably) knows that Zephyr's aerial maneuver is really bad in tight spaces (a.k.a, anything that is not PoE or Orb Vallis). 

Yes Zephyr has nice aerial control... The problem is is fkn pretty useless  during the whole game. Yes you can fly in the valley stop, OMG so nice, i m crying.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

It's something called common sense. Read your own posts and try to reflect on them.

I have. And the overwhelming majority of my responses are towards strawmen arguments and people who do not possess enough reading comprehension skills to understand what "this is the situation as I see it and I hope I'm wrong but this is what it looks like to me" means.

3 minutes ago, ObviousLee said:

I have. And the overwhelming majority of my responses are towards strawmen arguments and people who do not possess enough reading comprehension skills to understand what "this is the situation as I see it and I hope I'm wrong but this is what it looks like to me" means.

Man i understand you. Please be strong, DE said the next frame, Fartis,  can fly using his own farts you have only to wait few months and buy 1000$ kit full optional with his pink tutu, fairy wings and sexy pants.

Edited by bibmobello

Just now, bibmobello said:

Man i understand you. Please be strong, DE said the next frame, Fartis,  can fly using his own farts you have only to wait few months and buy 1000$ kit full optional with his pink tutu, fairy wings and sexy pants.

You do realize you're not doing anything but make yourself look foolish right? You're not contributing to an opposition or support. You're effectively standing int he middle and twiddling your thumbs.

I wouldnt mind flight on Zephyr, though I really want a toggleable 3, and lower innate energy on 4 first.

I like how the 1 functions, but it would be nice if it could be used longer for the energy.  Like the first use starts an X second duration ability and any additional uses of 1 are free during those X seconds.

But yeah, fill flight could be fun with her.

6 minutes ago, ObviousLee said:

Probably cause there's not much care towards the issue you presented. 

Hence the lack of serious replies. 

• Like 1

Just now, simplygnome said:

I wouldnt mind flight on Zephyr, though I really want a toggleable 3, and lower innate energy on 4 first.

I like how the 1 functions, but it would be nice if it could be used longer for the energy.  Like the first use starts an X second duration ability and any additional uses of 1 are free during those X seconds.

But yeah, fill flight could be fun with her.

It would also make target fixation worth using since it resets the instant you touch the ground...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ObviousLee said:

Im on your side, but your feedback come off as more of a rant than it did solid arguments.  Especially when you started arguing semantics.

If its meant for DE to see, drop it for DE to see, with respectable language, and ignore trolls or others trying to get you off topic.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ObviousLee said:

You do realize you're not doing anything but make yourself look foolish right? You're not contributing to an opposition or support. You're effectively standing int he middle and twiddling your thumbs.

What do you mean? i am serious. My friend Pinky told me that!

Just now, sleepychewbacca said:

Probably cause there's not much care towards the issue you presented. 

Hence the lack of serious replies. 

So because the majority doesn't care the minority shouldn't either? Is that your logic? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm genuinely asking.

Just now, bibmobello said:

What do you mean? i am serious. My friend Pinky told me that!

If you're going to continue posting in this thread please at least contribute something meaningful, even if it's disagreement. Otherwise please stop.