The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Event is broken

jmthebigman

@jmthebigman at least you got some results, 95% of the pug groups i enter, its just revolving players as nearly every1 enters then quits within 10 seconds, or they dont know whats going on, ask whats going on....then drop.

Had a few canisters instantly explode when placed with no mobs around, as usual nothing is really shown on your hud to show cumulative canister uses, your blind until a tiny reward comes your way on round 4.

It's the usual cluster fudge from DE with regards to events, letting people blindly fumble their way around with DE slapping the requirements on the forum and assuming 100% of the playerbase has read, digested and understands everything, again longer playing people get to team up and read the forums whereas every1 else gets lost, doesnt know whats going on and make the public teams a nightmare due to players constantly dropping out... and in... and out.. and....

Also doesnt help that duplicate canisters appear for god knows what reason, saw a teammate get killed getting into his archwing, he fell to the floor, i revived him, he took his dropped can.....and proceeded to leave a canister copy at the spot he died on, or was that the original?, so we then had 2 cans?....   then later we had 3-4 cans.... for some reason.  (and nope the locations did not have the mobs that drop the cans).

Even with bugs fixed the biggest issue (for joe public/casual) is still players dropping in and out en mass, even mid way thru defending cans, worse yet if you did 1 and 1-2 ppl bail, you have to quit and get 1 measley point as no1 new can join after that.

I did almost all of them in solo, not a single problem. Helping my brother now with his, and the only problem we've encountered is that the canister can disappear if you try to pick it up too quickly, which is a known bug. 

Pubs in Fortuna is chaotic, and I would just never recommend that unless you really need to be carried and have no friends to back you up. 

14 minutes ago, SirTobe said:

I did almost all of them in solo, not a single problem. Helping my brother now with his, and the only problem we've encountered is that the canister can disappear if you try to pick it up too quickly, which is a known bug. 

Pubs in Fortuna is chaotic, and I would just never recommend that unless you really need to be carried and have no friends to back you up. 

Totally agreed, I did the same.

Host migrations and abandoning to the orbiter cause the mission to not count fractures sealed because for whatever reason DE didn't set it up to update the (whatever server tracks events) at the time each fracture is sealed. At least not like the loot server is updated at the end of each and every bounty to prevent progression loss. 

That compounded with the issue that there is no way to jump into a random plains Valis group and know that they are there to do fissures. 

I think the most frustrating series of events was one instance where I got into a group and was almost immediately thrown into two host migrations back to back, until the game made me the host, which thankfully stopped the cycle. The strangest thing to happen was getting shot to an "Updating Account" screen, loaded back to my orbiter, host migrated twice and then being slingshotted back to Fortuna. All without me pressing anything.......

That said as long as you don't get host migrated or leave via "abandon mission" (which is counter intuitive given how abandon mission keeps track of bounties) you should be fine. You need to slog to the elevator and load back to Fortuna if you want the event to track your progress. You can leave your group at any time (just try to make sure you aren't the host before doing it) by hitting escape selecting your name and choosing "Leave Group" which will toss you out to your own instance that still retains the status info for your completed fissures. At which point you need to slog to the elevator and load back to Fortuna. Else it will not save/record your progress. 

45 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

Also doesnt help that duplicate canisters appear for god knows what reason, saw a teammate get killed getting into his archwing, he fell to the floor, i revived him, he took his dropped can.....and proceeded to leave a canister copy at the spot he died on, or was that the original?, so we then had 2 cans?....   then later we had 3-4 cans.... for some reason.  (and nope the locations did not have the mobs that drop the cans).

I've had them vanish (tho that was supposedly hotfixed out last night but who knows with bugs) never had them duplicate. The first one with your teammate downing sounds like it could definitely be a bug. However the mysterious appearing canisters later on in the mission are something I would most likely attribute to other teammates not realizing that you only need 1 per four fissures so they all rush in and grab one. Realize that they don't need them later on and one by one start discarding them semi randomly as the mission progresses. 

Or I guess it could be some freaky duplication bug in all instances, I mean I've never actually watched someone discard a can. I've just seen them carrying them around for a small forever.

2 hours ago, Oreades said:

I've had them vanish (tho that was supposedly hotfixed out last night but who knows with bugs) never had them duplicate. The first one with your teammate downing sounds like it could definitely be a bug. However the mysterious appearing canisters later on in the mission are something I would most likely attribute to other teammates not realizing that you only need 1 per four fissures so they all rush in and grab one. Realize that they don't need them later on and one by one start discarding them semi randomly as the mission progresses. 

Or I guess it could be some freaky duplication bug in all instances, I mean I've never actually watched someone discard a can. I've just seen them carrying them around for a small forever.

i would think so too, but in a few of my games, only 1 person zipped away for a canister and 3 of us went to locate the first fissure and stayed there.  *shrug, who knows*