Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr NEEDS your help DE!

Thulcandra

I've been playing for a long time and there is no another video game I've ever been connected that much and It's not only because the game is great, but the Warframe community and the relationship of Devlopers with the players impressed me. But for the first time I've had a situation that I'm uncomfortable and now takes me away from the game because I can't play with my main warfame like I knew. It's about the new melee system, when I'm playing with Valkyr and start using the Hysteria ability that auto defance disrupt her passive and effects to damage dealing and about the aiming when you still using Hysteria if you press the aim key It changes your claws to your rifle or bow whatever is your main weapon and you get vulnerable but you still waste your energy... (That means if you try to use aim for your first ability in air whlie using Hysteria they can hit you and gonna die and there is no more usefully somersault animation) so when you in a sortie mission or some where with high lvl enemies with Valkyr and you gonna try to dive in to them do not try to hanging in the air or any thing for combat control in air you will instantly die and sadly that means Valkyr's signature is destroyed. Maybe Developers are already know this and working on it but just adding more control options for enable/disable this auto weapon change can fix this gameplay problem.

Love you DE. 

Edited by Thulcandra

1 hour ago, NoLazyShadow said:

Ok...why do you even use hysterya in a first place? Useless ability. Better start demanding Valkyr rework, because she need it for years, but everyone ignore her

useless as in how?  if its being perceived as useless, than that simply means ppl are not building for it correctly. 

• Like 2

Nothing is useless about Valkyr's skills I was using all skills without a problem they're useful for combat control and high damage. But I'm talking about after this update her gameplay is just destroyed... Valkyr is a close combat goddess but her ultimate is totally useless now if you try to jump and aim while you're using hysteria your ultimate will close but you still losing energy... why I get vulnerable when I'm still using hysteria? Why I need to change my claws to a rifle when I'm using her ultimate? This new melee system's weapon change is totally pointless for Valkyr.

Edited by Thulcandra

I've just realized the same problem. It's probably worth noting that there is a similar issue with Baruuk,  Wukong and Excalibur where the exalted weapon is stowed in favor of the previously equipped primary/secondary weapon. The impact on Wukong and Excalibur isn't quite as bad as it doesn't change that much about the abilities function, however, the "wasted" energy is a problem, especially for Baruuk as you actually have to charge the exalted weapon. 

It also messes with the ability to aim glide with the warframe abilities active, which annoys me, and is a problem that I'm personally having with the new melee system all around. 

To offer what i think would be an easy and effective solution, exalted weapons lock the player in the respective weapon mode, just like how the used to (being able to melee with Ivara's bow and Hildryn's balefire is nice but i figure it would be easier to do across all exalted weapons). In the case of Valkyr the auto-deflect should also be disabled on her claws, for reasons OP stated. This solution would also make thematic sense, at least to me, as the exalted weapons are supposed to be a sort of signature weapon of their respective warframes; high powered and unique weapons only they are capable of wielding and that take energy and focus to do so.

6 hours ago, MuteJazz121 said:

To offer what i think would be an easy and effective solution, exalted weapons lock the player in the respective weapon mode, just like how the used to (being able to melee with Ivara's bow and Hildryn's balefire is nice but i figure it would be easier to do across all exalted weapons). In the case of Valkyr the auto-deflect should also be disabled on her claws, for reasons OP stated. This solution would also make thematic sense, at least to me, as the exalted weapons are supposed to be a sort of signature weapon of their respective warframes; high powered and unique weapons only they are capable of wielding and that take energy and focus to do so.

No. The current melee system is the only way exalted weapons, especially Baruuk's can be really effective in arbitrations and overall it just means more flexibility for all exalted weapons. The actual solution would be to stop energy drain while shooting.

Edited by Droopsie

It's probably just an oversight but this is a good time to bring up the fact that exalted melee weapons that aren't status kinda suck.

Valkyre and baruuk got lucky and have very high base crit at 50% but for wukong, titania, and excal (without chromatic blade) their weapons all suck since they can't benefit from acolyte mods which is what makes crit melee weapons so powerful. Status exalted weapons can benefit from conditioned overload which means they can still do tons of damage thankfully.

You can clear most trash with an exalted weapon since they have insanely high base damage but they're all outpaced by weapons like gram prime and atterax because of superior range or damage. Acolyte mods give crit melee weapons insane amounts of critchance easily hitting orange and red crits which will outpace the high base damage of the exalted weapons once slashprocs, armor etc is factored in.

You can make the argument that they would be OP but honestly it would be far from problematic considering so many melee weapons are already killing level 150 gunners in a few swings.

TLDR: exalted crit weapons are weaker than top tier melee weapons and that's a bit dumb considering you can get 2000+ base damage with them.

2 hours ago, frenzy64 said:

TLDR: exalted crit weapons are weaker than top tier melee weapons and that's a bit dumb considering you can get 2000+ base damage with them.

That's much more of a problem with Maiming Strike/Blood Rush, which is a combo that should have never been allowed into the game, than with exalted weapons themselves.

3 hours ago, frenzy64 said:

It's probably just an oversight but this is a good time to bring up the fact that exalted melee weapons that aren't status kinda suck.

Valkyre and baruuk got lucky and have very high base crit at 50% but for wukong, titania, and excal (without chromatic blade) their weapons all suck since they can't benefit from acolyte mods which is what makes crit melee weapons so powerful. Status exalted weapons can benefit from conditioned overload which means they can still do tons of damage thankfully.

You can clear most trash with an exalted weapon since they have insanely high base damage but they're all outpaced by weapons like gram prime and atterax because of superior range or damage. Acolyte mods give crit melee weapons insane amounts of critchance easily hitting orange and red crits which will outpace the high base damage of the exalted weapons once slashprocs, armor etc is factored in.

You can make the argument that they would be OP but honestly it would be far from problematic considering so many melee weapons are already killing level 150 gunners in a few swings.

When melee combo multiplier is changed to only applying to heavy attacks; isn't that the beat opportunity to allow all mods to effect exalted weapons and Weapon-Mod dependent Abilities?

(Landslide/WhipClaw/Slash Dash/Iron Jab/etcetera so that they don't just receive a massive Nerf when combo-multiplier is altered)

Valkyrs 4 has a gameloop issue (and invul should remain on swap), BUT just for note for you, toggle fire attack, spam lmb+e (or whatever your keybinds for fire and quick attack are) while pressing weapon swap a few times while still doing the melee attacks. That breaks the new keybind triggers and essentially reverts to melee 2.0 mechanics.

4 hours ago, KokoroWish said:

Valk and Baruuk really shouldn't be able to aim-swap out of their ults.

Have you tried using Hysteria in an Arbitration? Everything is immune.

Valkyr needed a rework before, now she feels even worse weirdly enough. I am pretty sure she will be reworked soon, at least I lost all remaining interest in playing her at the moment.

5 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Valkyr needed a rework before, now she feels even worse weirdly enough. I am pretty sure she will be reworked soon, at least I lost all remaining interest in playing her at the moment.

Yes, and no they're not. Only thing effected by the arbitration drones are, and there's lots of other targets. Let your team mates deal with the drones or it was easy enough to hop out of hysteria and in again.

Edited by KokoroWish

6 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

To be fair that and sometimes capture targets being immune is a bug. Arby drones are supposed to make stuff immune to ability part effects, not to the weapons themselves.