Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please remove 2 player doors

DarkestOfBreads

These doors that require 2 players to open it are completly useless in all missions, they are rather for trolling than.... what even is their purpose? Prevent players from rushing mission in public? Bad idea to prevent that. Prevent a player beeing too fast for its teammates? Not my problem if they are too slow +it needs only 2 players so the other 2 may also be too slow then.

Its always the same, i get to one of those doors, wait 3 mins for a teammate to come or 2 players try to do the same console and start an not so epic fight between who can have this console until a player finally interacts with the other one or even worse, when the teammate doesnt open the console at all and youre stuck until you leave.

In all cases its just time consuming and in rescue its a better idea to have a door that requires at least 3 players to open or start a cooldown when not all players are at that spot same with extraction.

Just do everyone that favour DE and remove these doors.

It's there to keep players from simply racing through.  If you don't plan to actually engage the enemy and play with your team, go solo if these doors bother you so much.  I do not support removing these doors.  You join public, in any decent multiplayer game you're expected to play at your team's pace.

Now, what IS a stupid mechanic is lock down.   This serves no practical purpose besides giving the player a breather or throwing a mini boss at them, except it happens at random, not when the enemy is winning or spawns a mini boss/kill team.

Edited by Lost_Cartographer
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lost_Cartographer said:

It's there to keep players from simply racing through.  If you don't plan to actually engage the enemy and play with your team, go solo if these doors bother you so much.  I do not support removing these doors.  You join public, in any decent multiplayer game you're expected to play at your team's pace.

Now, what IS a stupid mechanic is lock down.   This serves no practical purpose besides giving the player a breather or throwing a mini boss at them, except it happens at random, not when the enemy is winning or spawns a mini boss/kill team.

This. Want to bumrush, go solo.

3 hours ago, Lost_Cartographer said:

It's there to keep players from simply racing through.

Not always true. Why random 2 player locked doors to... a dead end room? Other players race to extraction and not open it as this random locked doors are not in the path to extraction, missing Acolyte or syndicate medallions.

There is a recent topic about this as well.

Am 17.3.2019 um 13:01 schrieb Lost_Cartographer:

And what about relic missions? I dont want to waste relics knowing if i have public turned on i have better chances for better loot, there these doors just bother me completly. I want to get these done quick, but the 2 player doors are litteraly just wasting my time. I dont see how they require any teamplay at all exept reviving, its just kill some enemies while running to extraction, missions like survival, defense and so on require some teamplay but these are missions you cant really rush that much. Solo exterminate i dont mind these doors but theres no point at all when you do it solo.... but they are still there. Theres more contra than actual pro at these doors.

I agree with the lockdown mechanic but these dont bother me that much as they dont require me waiting hours for my teammembers, are pretty much your own fault if you trigger it and can be easily unlocked by simply hacking a console.

Edited by fin344

On 2019-03-16 at 4:17 AM, fin344 said:

These doors that require 2 players to open it are completly useless in all missions, they are rather for trolling than.... what even is their purpose? Prevent players from rushing mission in public? Bad idea to prevent that. Prevent a player beeing too fast for its teammates? Not my problem if they are too slow +it needs only 2 players so the other 2 may also be too slow then.

Its always the same, i get to one of those doors, wait 3 mins for a teammate to come or 2 players try to do the same console and start an not so epic fight between who can have this console until a player finally interacts with the other one or even worse, when the teammate doesnt open the console at all and youre stuck until you leave.

In all cases its just time consuming and in rescue its a better idea to have a door that requires at least 3 players to open or start a cooldown when not all players are at that spot same with extraction.

Just do everyone that favour DE and remove these doors.

If the new doorway system is good enough we can throw that mechanism out of have it where we don’t have to get a teammate if the request is spammed multiple times alone to get Ordis to open it.