Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tatsu should have holster style and nikana/skijati skin options.

(PSN)Ahayah_My_Power

No, that's illogical.

Your tags are also entirely ridiculous. This is not a megathread, this is not a PSA, this doesn't involve Conclave exclusively, and this topic includes all platforms and players by default.

The Tatsu is not a nikana, such that the Galatine isn't a longsword. The size difference is apparent, and the limiting factor.

Edited by ShichiseitenYasha
  • Like 1

Ok I got rid of the tags that don't apply.  But speaking of the galatine not being a longsword, it can still wear longsword skins. Also the Zenistar can wear long sword skins including the "Heavey Blade Dominion Skin" which makes the Zenistar look massively bigger. 

In other words it doesn't have to be logical. I want fashion frame. I want the massively big Sephiroth two handed katana look. 

Edited by (PS4)Ahayah_My_Power

1 hour ago, ShichiseitenYasha said:

No, that's illogical.

Your tags are also entirely ridiculous. This is not a megathread, this is not a PSA, this doesn't involve Conclave exclusively, and this topic includes all platforms and players by default.

The Tatsu is not a nikana, such that the Galatine isn't a longsword. The size difference is apparent, and the limiting factor.

You realize heavy blades have a holster style that puts it on the Warframes hip. 

• 4 weeks later...

I wish the Tatsu will get the Shingami Nikana skin. I really love the skin and I really love the Tatsu. I don't like the Tatsu look, but like the Tatsu playstyle. I like the Nikana look but don't like the Nikana playstyle, so it would be a nice combination of the Tatsu and the Shingami skin or other skins. I really hope the Tatsu will get Nikana skins because it is an Nikana so it only would fit that way.

For those who say Tatsu isn't an Nikana. First, look the description. It says it is an Two-handed Nikana. So it is an Nikana. Second, type in the close combat menu Nikana and you will see all ingame Nikanas and there is also the Tatsu.

Here you will see what I mean, it is one of the Nikanas: https://ibb.co/sRJdx4y

Edit: But the standard holster style is the style of the heavy blades so it's weird. But I think it's mostly an Nikana because more speaks for it.

Edited by -EGT-Nova

1 hour ago, -EGT-Nova said:

I wish the Tatsu will get the Shingami Nikana skin. I really love the skin and I really love the Tatsu. I don't like the Tatsu look, but like the Tatsu playstyle. I like the Nikana look but don't like the Nikana playstyle, so it would be a nice combination of the Tatsu and the Shingami skin or other skins. I really hope the Tatsu will get Nikana skins because it is an Nikana so it only would fit that way.

For those who say Tatsu isn't an Nikana. First, look the description. It says it is an Two-handed Nikana. So it is an Nikana. Second, type in the close combat menu Nikana and you will see all ingame Nikanas and there is also the Tatsu.

Here you will see what I mean, it is one of the Nikanas: https://ibb.co/sRJdx4y

Edit: But the standard holster style is the style of the heavy blades so it's weird. But I think it's mostly an Nikana because more speaks for it.

The tatsu is a nikana in the same sense that a galatine is a sword.(if you search sword, you will see it pop up)

Technically it is true, in the broad sense, but it is in it's own class. You aren't going to wield a tatsu in one hand, just like you won't wield a galatine in one hand.

Also the standard holster style is actually normal for what it is,a (n)odachi based weapon. A weapon type so large it is impractical if not impossible to draw from the hip for the simple problem of your arm is simply not long enough. You would need to remove the scabbard/saya with your opposite hand. Binding it in your belt like a katana type weapon would cause many issues with this; length makes movement difficult in crowded situations, removal would require it and the scabbard to be pulled completely free out the front then stowed again or simply dropped, and above all else you can't even draw it from the stored position anyways. Having a back holster for a weapon of that scale is actually faster and more practical.

Edited by Deadoon

On 2019-03-23 at 7:21 PM, (PS4)Ahayah_My_Power said:

Ok I got rid of the tags that don't apply.  But speaking of the galatine not being a longsword, it can still wear longsword skins. Also the Zenistar can wear long sword skins including the "Heavey Blade Dominion Skin" which makes the Zenistar look massively bigger.

By “long swords”, he meant one-handed swords, not the two-handed heavy blades. Galatine cannot use the Dero Longsword Tennogen skin or the Kopesh longsword Deluxe skin for example. Similarly, the Skana cannot use the Heavy Blade Dominion skin, as it is a heavy blade skin - not a longsword skin. Zenistar is a heavy blade, so of course it would be able to use heavy blade skins.

So yeah Tatsu would be the same, as it is a separate new weapon type, not a heavy blade or nikana. 

Edited by OmegaZero