Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemy Radar

SECURATYYY

Would it be possible for it to reveal enemies through walls? Perhaps see an outline of them, up to a certain distance determined by +radar mods.

Right now I'm always looking at my minimap, instead of the middle of my screen where the action is.

Thoughts? I feel that if we made a change like this, players would have more incentive to use something other than CP. Plus we are op space ninjas, and it wouldn't be op imo. More of a quality of life change more than anything.

Edit: Perhaps something like the Argonak, with the outline color determined by suit energy color?

Edited by SECURATYYY

Almost everyone has access to a certain range of enemy radar due to animal instinct or one of the other radar mods. So the aura isn't that important as other ones, like vigilante pursuit or enemy sense. I would only use the aura for a form of minmaxing radar range for stuff like exploiter coolant spider spotting.

It would be absurdly effective with punch-through weapons, especially rifles with primed shred. 

Edited by Deadoon

I've always felt if you had all the enemy radar mods on from Animal Instincts, Enemy Sense, and Enemy Radar..you should be able to see through walls....I mean we are so far into this game with it being a perk in the operator focus tree..why not just reward a player for using all three mods by now...It would make spy vault solo runs a little more interesting with non invisible frames so they could use timing and cover with it...let alone giving a reason for a lot of punch through on certain weapon builds...

16 minutes ago, SECURATYYY said:

Would it be possible for it to reveal enemies through walls? Perhaps see an outline of them, up to a certain distance determined by +radar mods.

Right now I'm always looking at my minimap, instead of the middle of my screen where the action is.

That won't cure the issue, you'll only be able to see enemies in front of you. You'll still end up looking at the minimap to keep an eye on the three quarters of your surroundings that are not in your FoV.

10 minutes ago, Deadoon said:

Almost everyone has access to a certain range of enemy radar due to animal instinct or one of the other radar mods. So the aura isn't that important as other ones, like vigilante pursuit or enemy sense. I would only use the aura for a form of minmaxing radar range for stuff like exploiter coolant spider spotting.

It would be absurdly effective with punch-through weapons, especially rifles with primed shred. 

Yeah I wasn't really trying to push the Aura thing too much. Vigilante Pursuit and animal instinct are best imo. However it would give more reason to use the enemy radar aura, as it would apply to team mates.

11 minutes ago, Deadoon said:

Punch through would be fantastic. Wouldn't be that broken either. You may be able to see the dude on the other side, but may not have enough punch through to hit him.

• 3 weeks later...

Also wanted to add that I have a friend I play with that's visually impaired. Sometimes its difficult for him to see enemies with everything going on in warframe missions. If he had something like this, it would really him and others out.