Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If you're gonna keep the Simulor like this, we need a way to disable its effects.

(PSN)BenHeisennberg

I got a splitting headache on Hydron from one and couldn't continue.  No, it wasn't white energy color, I don't think they were trying to troll, but the effects on the Simulor are ridiculous.

If it's going to stay the way it is, those of us who can get nasty headaches need a way to turn it off under graphics settings.

Edited by (PS4)feuerhund99
Auto-correct fix
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Its in your graphics options

both effects intensity, and particle effects

Why should a player turn off those visual setting, when selected few weapons ruin the experience and other work fine? How does this justify a visual downgrade?

Edited by ShortCat
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, ShortCat said:

Why should a player turn off those visual setting, when selected few weapons ruin the experience and other work fine? How does this justify a visual downgrade?

I never said it was Justified

but lets face some reality here

DE probably won't ever get around to fixing the issue anytime soon, as is they're churning out new content faster than they can go back and fix the bugs and glitches introduced each prior update.

So if it bothers OP, that's his best recourse in the meantime.

Il y a 12 heures, (PS4)feuerhund99 a dit :

I don't think they were trying to troll

Some players are trolling with this weapon though (chose the brightest colour ever, keep spamming shots even when no enemies are around and from time to time some optional passive agressive disorder when you ask them anything politely).

This game is not idiotproof so tuning down such visuals and some gadgets such as Vauban mines too would be really nice.

Simulor, Staticor, Plasmor, Larkspur, Catchoom. All of these suffer from overly obnoxious visual effects that clutter the screen and can be a hindrance to the eyes. Really though the problem is exaggerated when heavily saturated tints are used.

Unfortunately, unless DE either retunes them directly or provides a manual adjustment option, the only solutions are to turn down/disable Effect Intensity in the menu screen or ask the users to not spam shots.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

DE probably won't ever get around to fixing the issue anytime soon, as is they're churning out new content faster than they can go back and fix the bugs and glitches introduced each prior update.

And this is the reason players should get vocal. How else would DE know there is a problem?

On 2019-03-28 at 12:48 AM, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Its in your graphics options

both effects intensity, and particle effects

I like to set my simulor energy to be super bright

then turn down my effects

so it looks normal to me, and everyone else's effects are really toned down for me

but from their point of view, my stuff is blinding

Offers Graphic solution to tone down VFX in Options, uses extremely bright energy color for those that want high VFX and inherently blind them in the process.

469.gif

4 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I use Staticor a fair amount.  What sorts of energy colors can I use to minimize the problem for other people? 

I always have my options set at Ludicrous GPU Particles with an adjusted Bloom Intensity and Brightness, but imho use dark colors and give it a test in Captura under different sets of lighting to see what might possibly work for PuG games.

Maybe have a friend assist you in the process who does use high graphocs settings to see which colors work in favor for yourself and for PuG peeps.

I personally use the dark blues in the Ice palette, and they work pretty well.

5 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I use Staticor a fair amount.  What sorts of energy colors can I use to minimize the problem for other people? 

Anything that isn't heavily saturated and tinted.

Dark violets/purples, indigo, wine red, grey tones, pure black. These are decent choices.

I would avoid the Halloween palette, since all of those are bright and saturated. Infested too.

11 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Offers Graphic solution to tone down VFX in Options, uses extremely bright energy color for those that want high VFX and inherently blind them in the process.

469.gif

I know, its Ironic isn't it?

in order to keep squad members from blinding me I turn the graphics options down super low.

But since this is a global effect it would tone down My Own weapon effects, which is really not good since effects are what make the weapons fun to use.

So I end up having to turn my own energy colors up super bright to compensate.

while this makes things work great from my perspective, it has the unfortunate effect of then blinding squadmates, who haven't followed the same strategy of turning down effects settings.

Really, DE needs to add in separate settings for Self vs Squadmate effects. That would really solve a lot of issues.

Le 30/03/2019 à 03:38, (PS4)haphazardlynamed a dit :

Maybe DE could look into improving the Lighting Physics Model?

Some kind of HDR system might help, so nothing ever becomes oversaturated to the point of blinding.

that might prevent future issues in General, not just for a specific weapon effect.

The game already processes light in HDR internally.

The problem is tone mapping : taking extremely varied light ranges that can be 0~100 lux for dark moody places all the way to 1000~100,000 lux for a bright sun-lit exterior, and cramming that into the minuscule range of an SDR monitor which only has 8bit (256 values) of greyscale.

It's a very hard problem that no amount of hardware will fix. All you'll get with an hdr monitor would be to be blinded even more strongly than today.
It's up to the art direction to step in and fix things. Until then, we'll just have to turn down the effects and reports broken things to DE.

Edited by BlackSharkfr