Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Singel PLayer + Nightwave = Great Dissapointment

DragonsBaneVP

As the title suggests; I am a single player, and find the reward structure for overall accumulated  points for Nightwave missions to be disheartening as a single player. I figure I would have gotten all the rewards offered for the Nightwave missions by now if I were in a clan and/or have friends to Play Warframe with. I may be mistaken, but it is my understanding the Nightwave mission run for 10 weeks and ends, and this leaves me to believe I will have no chance as a single player to get the last 5 or 6 rewards offered because there is not way for me to earn the 5,000 to 10,000 points given in a week for the clan/friend mission offered in the Nightwave missions.

I understand that Warframe is a MMO, and is geared towards multiplayer clans and such; howerver, everyone starts playing Warframe as a single player and some may choose, like myself, to continue playing Warframe as a single player. I also have a clan Dojo to include one member; me. So having rewards for in game play tied to a multiplayer scheme is a disappointment to me as a single player.

Well, enough of my rant. Let me get back into playing the game because it will no play itself. Just as a side note, I do enjoy playing Warframe, and do a lot of missions with public play, but this does not mean I want to change my single player ways to obtain rewards in game. Take care and play on everyone.

I'll just go ahead and say that this game is not fully targeted at all to "single-players". Yes, you may do 95% of your game solo, and Devs try their best to make content available for such players, but you are still expected to partner up with someone at all at some point. Join a clan, fight for that hard mode, etc. There's an effort to include players who like to experience the game by themselves, but not 100% solo.

And I'm a guy who usually soloes everything unless it's a hard/truly annoying objective or I'm plain bored out of myself. Wolf is partly one of those instances in which you really should just send that friend request or team up to fight him. Really, no one'll eat you in a public squad, and people only chat for mission purposes most of the time. It's closer to playing with realistic npc's than to actual humans.

And I only say this because it's just how the game is built, not that I agree or not.

Edited by (PS4)Pauloluisx

I feel like if you Solo only through it, you can still get lvl 30 before it ends hands down.

Nightwave in itself has a problem but it's not about Solo or such. It's between Veteran players, and New Players, not being able to complete most challenges.

For these players, getting to lvl 30 will be really hard, if not impossible depending on that.

• Like 1

Eh, Ive just skipped all the challenges that involved friends or clanmates, as depending on them to be online isn't something I'm willing to do. That being said, I'm slowly making my way through the reward ranks. Just got to the rank where they give you a catalyst. I'm just glad that the majority of the challenges don't involve having to play with friends and clanmates.

Edited by (XB1)GameNerd300
Gramar and spelling.

......and what's stopping you from adding a random player as a friend to finish "X" friend/clan challenge? He needs(most of the time) to finish the challenge and you need it so...Win/Win 

I did most of those friend/clan challenges the same way, I really don't understand why so many people are having problems with that.

• Like 1

Looking at forum posts, most of the friend/clan-based challenges were bugged anyway.  Certainly the survival one didn't work when I ran it wasted sixty minutes on it with a friend.  For what it's worth, I skipped most those friend/clan bounties and I will make level 30 next week.  Still only seen the Wolf twice though.

Being solo player in coop game... GENIUS!

Seriously, why don't you at least find some helpful soul and start play with him/her. Maybe even create a clan for both of you.

I really don't get people sometimes. If you like to play solo, why the hek you started play multiplayer game? 

43 minutes ago, DragonsBaneVP said:

As the title suggests; I am a single player, and find the reward structure for overall accumulated  points for Nightwave missions to be disheartening as a single player.

I made this exact comment on the first week of Nightwave, given that we had no further data at the time it could be assumed that there would be a similar 10K deficit for the solo player each week, which put the solo player on the razor's edge of not having enough to complete Nightwave. Without confirmation that DE were planning the challenges with the solo player in mind I had to assume that this would continue.

However,

Since then have been weeks where I completed all of the challenges, and there have been weeks where only 1 challenge was locked behind an additional warm body check. Overall I am notably ahead of the minimum without nonsense activities like pleading for fake internet friends.

As a result I can only conclude that DE are structuring Nightwave to be completable by the a solo player.

You only need to complete around 60% of the challenges to reach max rank and that doesn't take into account the standing you get from killing the refugees. I'm currently rank 15 or 16 and I have skipped a lot of the challenges because I couldn't be bothered.