Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Livestream #14!

[DE]Rebecca

Question 1: There has been a lot of talk here recently about weapon balance. Part of the forum falls on to the side that they believe the game should have weapon tiers such that some weapons are direct upgrades from others. Others want all weapons to be viable and balanced for the higher level content. Meaning no weapon is better than any other in all situations. What is your stance on weapon balancing, tiered or sidegrades?

Question 2: Currently there are still major issues with several systems (Balance of weapons and Warframes, issues with UI, Drop rates still seem finicky, Et cetera Et cetera) and a lack of interesting variance/discrepancy (such as Venus being an ice world) with missions. Are there any plans to change the main focus development over from creating new content to fixing old content such as changing old boss fights, adding story reasons to missions, giving each planet there own tile sets, or improvements to the basic gameplay of Warframe?

Question 3: If Neurodes are only located on two planets, yet a large amount of the craftable items in Warframe require them in large amounts. Any plans to add new locations or ways to get currently limited resources such as neurodes?

Question 4: Is the void Warframe's Equivalent to dungeons in MMO's?

Edited by Malaheart

Q1 : There is a problem now with all this stuff (weapons, etc) some of them became kind of useless now or completely forgotten causes of their stats. Do they really are balanced in stats/cost ressource/ difficulty to get ?

Q2 : The content is quite rich now , will be come some Background Story ? maybe some info on Lotus or where do the Tennos come from, How the Grineers clone themselves stuff like that :) 

#1 Now that we have some kind of PVP, will you still balance the game for mainly PVE?

Or will it be switched to balance both? If you do, would it be possible to add two balance sets? one for PVE and one for PVP?

I have seen to many games going down because of shared balancing.

#2 What happened to the Grapling Hook?

#3 Weapon Tier balancing: currently it feels a little bit derped (example: Gorgon, Supra, Soma)

can we expect small changes here?

#4 Can we expect more "unique" weapons? like the new infested stuff?

#5 What can we expect with the Armor 2.0?

#6 What are your personal feelings about Nekros? Will he get tweaks, or do you leave him like he is?

One question from me

When can we expect to see more Two-Handed Swords?

Seriously I like Two-Handed Swords. I see that your focusing on your design on oriental type architect but you can still make the legendary two handed Muramasa, or Masamune. Those are the two blades that come into my mind when I imagine a Sapce Ninja Warframe wielding a Two-Handed Sword.

Well Muramasa was actually a person, but his swords were known for their beauty and strength to withstand countless battles.

Edited by Reddemon159

I had a question about Warframe's art team.

When I look at the older warframes, Mag and Nyx for example, and then compare them to more recent ones like Saryn and Nova, there seems to have been a shift or evolution in the art design, not only a, I think, higher standard of quality but also a veer towards a more "fantasy" approach to the "Space Ninjas" theme.

For example! The shapes of Saryn and Nova are MUCH more feminine than those of Mag and Nyx, and they include things like some sort of "diseased smoke skirt" on Saryn and her (awesome) tigh-high "boots", Nova having some similar "shoes" and a, ahem, very womanly lower back.

Even the males and the guns are following this trend, with Nekros being, even in his abilities, much less about dull, grey space suits and more about, well, art. The guns, too, are getting more and more about shapes, forms and colours than some sort of "must look like a gun" (Braton versus Soma anyone?) theme.

So, with all that said, my question is: does this trend of "more fantasy, less dullness" comes from the art team or is it a directive they have? Do they like these bolder designs or do they prefer the simpler, somewhat minimalist ones? In short, are the art people at DE all about making Somas, Nekrosies/ox/sisesiesgargl (Pardon?) or more about Excaliburs and Skanas?

Or is there some money problem behind it? Did they, at first, had less time and money to work on that?

In short, I'd really like to know how much passion goes in the art of Warframe compared to how much work goes into it, because it is something I am getting more and more passionate about myself :)

My primary question is just regarding what current dev thoughts are on how they plan to balance the mod system so that things like max-level serration AND multishot are not absolutely necessary for end-game content; or, what current plans are for the armor overhaul or a damage system overhaul to circumvent this. Granted, having these two as must-haves really limits the "options" on a weapon in regards to mod choices.

As many people consider this system problematic, what are current plans to rework the major issues seen in basing all weapons necessarily having %damage, %multishot mods?

{Questions}

1. Will Loki's Decoy receive a buff or rework sometime soon?

Decoy does not last but for a second or two against enemies around level 50, and dies as soon  as it spawns against enemies over level 80. This makes Loki unbelievably weak as his skill that's meant to take some of the heat off his team doesn't even do that. 

2. Will there be a change to the mod drops? Not so much the normal mods, but the warframe specific mods?

Warframe specific mods, such as Well of Life, Slash Dash and Energy Vampire, Pull, etc. are dropped very often and take away some of the chance in getting a more useful mod drop.

Warframe specific mods already come with the warframe when it is purchased or created, so why are those types of mods found in abundance on the field? 

3. When will you fix the hitbox on CorpusTech Heads? Pretty much no matter what weapon used, the head on the CorpusTechs cannot be shot, like it does not exist, as no damage pop-ups come when shooting their heads.

[extra]

4. Will the scarves be fixed so they don't bug into the body and spasm?

Edited by Phunkiecrux

- It's apparent that the Warhammer 40k universe has had some impact on the weapon design (Bolter, tyranid weapons), why on earth is Dakka a melee weapon? (name it Choppa, bring Dakka as a massive shoulder mounted machine gun, you know you want to)

- With the new Conclave point system, do you see it becoming a problem? Like written above, MMORPG's have this problem, "Gear score over 1000+ only". It's more of an issue when the vote-kick system is introduced.

- Is there anything planned on fixing the over saturated Void loot pool? As of U10 the old keys got multiple new items, meaning the already full loot table got even worse.

- What's the future of PvP? I'm personally all in for the new 2v2 Conclave and I think it's very well implemented. Having 500 max conclave means people have to think of what mods they bring there, I assume this was the plan too?

- How much focus will be given on PvP, or will it just stay as the current Conclave 2v2 for a long time? Any pvp dangly-bits, pvp scarves, pvp emblems, pvp alt helmets, pvp colours/patterns, pvp avatars? I'd love to see something that shows I've done my fair share of PvP, without having any actual impact on the game. The game needs to stay PvE oriented, but PvP needs some love too.

yeah it seems strange to call " dakka" a melee weapon because is if more fun to continuously say dakk when shooting or hitting something?

1) onto the idea of accessories, because you know, we all love accessories. is it possible to make scarfs craftable? if not, then is it possible to make clan scarf ones (you know for more bromances and guild community-ness).

2) is it possible to add other accessories or attachments to the warframe like maybe elbow/knee pads with maybe spikes or blades just for the looks.

3) now that you have released the new mods to make rifles and pistols silent (+1 to the stealth portion), how goes the stealth play overall? the AI still feels like it has a gps tracker on players when alert is sounded.

4) why can't it be possible to still ninja-kill enemies even if they are alerted? they might be too busy focusing their attention on another team mate, while you can go around and just slit their throats.

5) why can't we stealth kill instead of stealth attack? in higher levels, stealth play becomes pointless, seeing as how enemies have high armor and health and alot of them have strong shields. i don't mind not receiving any bonus rewards for stealth killing. it just feels better to know you can be a real ninja and perform kills in the dark.

6) is it possible to introduce lighting and so forth for cover while in stealth? i know you are working on being able to hack the ship's system to reset the alert levels back to normal. but what about other features to it like hiding in the shadows.

7) i know this is a "space-ninja" game with the hack and slash and shoot-em up style. but this is just all about parkour rushing. there is barely any stealth ninja play. Ninjas/Assassins/Spies they all are experts at espionage/intelligence gathering, assassination, stealing enemy weaponry and so forth but the way it is at the moment it just feels like a shoot-em up, go in, grab what you need, and get out. (defense and survival is different but i can't think of anything to say about it)

Edited by VoidWraith

Big list here for you guys ;9

-Due to Desecrate still having negative feedback, hao will it be changed and what will it be changed to?

-When and where are the Gas Corpus Tilesets being added?

-With all the new mods that are being released, Warframes barely have enough slots to fit the necessities; do you plan on ever increasing the amount of mod slots Warframes have?

-When will the black energy colors be "fixed", they still appear as invisible.

-Any plans on Volt being buffed? He really needs some love.

-Do you plan on increasing Terrify's range? What happened to the "Freeze in place" mechanic? Also will there be any small changes to Nekros' other skills besides Desecrate?

-Will there be anything else added to the J2K golem to give players who already have Nekros an incentive to kill the golem again?

-Why are Rebecca and Megan so beautiful?

-Next Prime Warframe?

-Since the number of frames is out of balance again (15), are you working on a 16th, female warframe? If so, any hints? ;9

-Since the Glaive has its own mods, and other weapon specific mods are coming, any info regarding which weapons those will be?

-ETA on the other Tenno weapons?

-Any plans on buffing Ash? Or any of the other frames?

-Do Tower 3 Survival keys actually drop from Defense rewards?

-Can normal, credit alerts be "buffed"? Like giving affinity, or something of the like?

-Can you make the chat box "solid" so I stop clicking on planets and nodes through the chat box?

-Are Tower Assassination keys going to be added anytime soon?

-Any plans on an official Alert App?

-Do all the DEvs watch RWBY?

-Are you going to add more types of scarves/cosmetics and rob me of my money ;P?

-Since you made a Nekros specific scarf, will there be some for other Warframes?

Good Job on U10, and keep up the hard work, DE.