Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr's mobility.

(XBOX)Architect Prime

So she can awkwardly fly as more or less intended if spam that jetty ability. She can mobile turret decently with lenz. Her sprint is slick with the augment for her good (not great) passive ability. That's the point the point of Zephyr right? To be a top tier mobility frame. I mean she has the tornados that can help in combat (but only help). So we're basically using zephyr for capture and rescue missions. Why? Because if you simply hop in your archwing, you can do zephyr's strong suit better than Zephyr. And you can summon your archwing with any warframe in and out. It would seem that, like a certain engineer, zephyr has gotten outclassed in every way over the years. I haven't seen a single zephyr use aside from myself in many months. 

• Make her a superior choice to the basic mobility advantage of archwings. 
  • Make her do more damage while in the air through whatever means. 
  • Let her flap or something. Mobility frames should have the best mobility.
  • IN MY OPINION, the ultimate needs a rework. 

I'm not mentioning volt since he has more uses beyond mobility.

• Like 1

You... you're joking right? She makes literally anything within range of her 3 immune to anything but melee, her 2 knocks things away from places you don't want them, her 4 can be a bit chaotic, but it's great for status and minor CC, building for her 3 gives you some ridiculous travel ability with her 1 which also has an accompanying knockdown inducing slam to anything in it's range.

I have a fairly subpar zephyr build I'm sure and she still is one of my go to frames for just about any content that isn't against infested on a defense tile. imo she has far more uses than volt. Mobility isn't her strong suit in closed maps, strictly because of her floaty gravity mechanics and how her abilities work. Basically look to zephyr and speed volts if you wanna see why k-drive in regular missions is a garbage idea.

The problem isn't that zephyr isn't useful, it's that so many people get told she isn't that they never give her a proper shot, primarily because everyone expects meta frames like umbral inaros/chroma/shield volt/trin/saryn. She will really shine for the gas city rework, given how much focus on aerial traversal they seem to have put into it, which hopefully will show people how great she can be at other things too.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Xaelroa said:

You... you're joking

Don't think he is. Sorry, but by no means do you even adress the mobility issues with Tail Wind, which in my eyes and in eyes of quite a bit of people is literally the worst thing to have ever existed in Warframe.

Yeah, her 3 makes her virtually immortal, something always loved by everyone, but if she didn't have it, nobody would even know Zephyr exists, lots of people just like being immune to everything, reason why some players choose Rhino and insta-Iron skin at start of missions.

58 minutes ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

Mobility frames should have the best mobility.

Should, the "rework" destroyed that unfortunately, I wish for one day to see an actual Rework of Zephyr, but here's some advice: if you are in tilesets or are using anything above 100% duration, never use Tail wind to lift off, only to land, works amazing for me.

I kind of agree that her 4 could be something entirely different and nice, while she can boost a lot of DPS through Tornadoes, it just feels like a Set and Forget ability.

5 hours ago, ScytodiDaedalus said:

Sorry, but by no means do you even adress the mobility issues with Tail Wind

And this is why we will never get any substantial and meaningful changes to Zephyr. Players like above see turbulence and all of a sudden have Rose tinted glasses to Zephyr as a whole. 

But oh well, let them stay delusional and let Zephyr remain trash.

PS, can't believe dive bomb was included as a plus to Zephyrs kit in that response, especially with the inclusion of aimed melee slams now.

Oh have we seen it all 😂

• Like 1

Hi. I'm Birdframe Prime, and I do not approve this message. ^^

My new friend, thanks for wanting Zephyr to be better, but you're stepping a toe into water that goes quite a lot deeper. As in, 'debated since before 2017' deeper. There are literally so many threads that anyone who hasn't read at least some of them is going to make exactly the same mistakes that everyone else already did.

If you want to hear the word of the Prophet of Zephyr, I am here to educate, not discourage. If you do not, I have said my piece and will leave.

• Like 1

Like zephyr alot but have to say shes poopy inside missions you can build her for less duration so you can actually fly just few meters and not get stuck in walls, but then you nerfing duration on her 3. 

Only way to make her fast is stack her with lots of power str and use Jet Stream aug and just run, yeah you read right RUN not FLY... 

Aside from her 3, I feel Zephyr overall is subpar. All her abilities are functional and do what they're advertised, but there's no real point in using them.

Admittantly I have a max duration build (isn't that the standard for Zephyr?), but as I see it, 1 is useless outside of open maps because it carries momentum even when you hit a wall. So if you use 1 in a corridor, you get stuck on a wall for 5 seconds while Zeph "slows down." Why.

2 is nice utility for knocking back enemies, but why does it cost 50 energy? That's double the cost of Banshee's sonic boom for basically the same effect. I can't justify using Airburst because it costs too much for its limited utility. In fact, the reason why it has such weak utility is because it isn't spammable.

4... is okay. Honestly I just want changes to 1 and 2 to make them more useful.

And her passive. I think she should have more in air mobility as in archwing levels of agility. Right now, she turns like a #*!%ing battleship and it's only slightly more noticeable compared to other warframes. Honestly I stay on the ground 90% as Zephyr because there isn't enough incentive to aimglide or jump around. She may as well be a penguin.

Volt sprints better (gets whole squad to extraction faster rather than just one person). And volt has other uses too!

mesa is a superior range-tank. Simply surviving isn't good enough. You need to also have some form of offense. 

Titania has better air superiority (and that's saying something). Despite her issues, she has the damage output that compliments her form of mobility. 

In the open world, zephyr is easily replaced by archwing. Point a to b, exit archwing, wreck with whatever frame, point b to point c. 

The tornados are simply impractical most of the time

We're not going to bring Nova into this, because that would be cruel. 

Is there any situation where Zephyr is the first logical choice?

Edited by (XB1)Architect Prime

16 hours ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

So she can awkwardly fly as more or less intended if spam that jetty ability. She can mobile turret decently with lenz. Her sprint is slick with the augment for her good (not great) passive ability. That's the point the point of Zephyr right? To be a top tier mobility frame. I mean she has the tornados that can help in combat (but only help). So we're basically using zephyr for capture and rescue missions. Why? Because if you simply hop in your archwing, you can do zephyr's strong suit better than Zephyr. And you can summon your archwing with any warframe in and out. It would seem that, like a certain engineer, zephyr has gotten outclassed in every way over the years. I haven't seen a single zephyr use aside from myself in many months. 

• Make her a superior choice to the basic mobility advantage of archwings. 
  • Make her do more damage while in the air through whatever means. 
  • Let her flap or something. Mobility frames should have the best mobility.
  • IN MY OPINION, the ultimate needs a rework. 

I'm not mentioning volt since he has more uses beyond mobility.

Hi an actual zephyr main here, idk what build your running but ive outraced some archwings in plains and fortuna, i regularly use her 1 in missions with no issues, her 3 also gives projectiles a boost and makes you go godmode vs everything ranged her 2 keeps melee enemies out of range of me, her 4 lets me deal with groups quickly as the damage of a single shot into it is dealt to everything in it as well as procs, noticing your on console and im on pc so maybe she isnt as popular there but i see other zephyrs fairly often in missions since her prime and rework, why even today i joined a mission and saw DE[connor] playing as her. personally i use her everywhere since shes kind of my general use frame, done well with her in arbitrations, done 2hr+ solo survivals (before and after her rework though i dont have the time to do these anymore sadly), used her regularly for ESO, sorties, fissures ,even fractures and profit taker, no issues at all i recommend trying her with strong weapons like arca plasmor or long range melees like zaws. Warframe0266.jpg

2 hours ago, YandereWaifu said:

Hi an actual zephyr main here, idk what build your running but ive outraced some archwings in plains and fortuna, i regularly use her 1 in missions with no issues, her 3 also gives projectiles a boost and makes you go godmode vs everything ranged her 2 keeps melee enemies out of range of me, her 4 lets me deal with groups quickly as the damage of a single shot into it is dealt to everything in it as well as procs, noticing your on console and im on pc so maybe she isnt as popular there but i see other zephyrs fairly often in missions since her prime and rework, why even today i joined a mission and saw DE[connor] playing as her. personally i use her everywhere since shes kind of my general use frame, done well with her in arbitrations, done 2hr+ solo survivals (before and after her rework though i dont have the time to do these anymore sadly), used her regularly for ESO, sorties, fissures ,even fractures and profit taker, no issues at all i recommend trying her with strong weapons like arca plasmor or long range melees like zaws. Warframe0266.jpg

I completely agree with you about most of this. She's not absolute trash or anything like that. But even modern embers can go 3 hours solo.

42 minutes ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

I completely agree with you about most of this. She's not absolute trash or anything like that. But even modern embers can go 3 hours solo.

but my other points still stand, only thing i think she needs is a way to slow down her 1 in mid flight or to stop it completely so people with his strength dont have so much momentum to deal with though i wouldnt have minded if they let her fly but i guess the tank of a frame hidryn gets it while the bird zephyr has to remain flightless 😞  

6 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

By the by, it only costs 25 if you jump.

I'd rather have a stronger ability that cost 50 energy.

Something like:

Implosion: creates a vacuum area that pulls nearby enemies as an alternative to Tornadoes if you don't want to make the situation too chaotic.

Edited by yles9056

4 hours ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

Bottom line is that Zephyr tends to fall behind.

Check my profile, check my threads I authored, look for the most recent of my few dozen Zephyr ones, tell me what you think.

Zephyr's mobility is based around the concept of Launch, Dash and Land. It's not flying, and it shouldn't ever be flying. But Mobility is key to it. One of those incredibly key points to mobility is pin-point control on where you stop, not just how fast you get from one place to another.

I also go into quite a bit more, so please, enjoy. It may give you some ideas for the future.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think they should change her passive to something make her can stay(stop) in the air.
make her can stay better place to chose how to use her first skill move or strike 
her 3rd skill also can make her perfectly save in the air.   

18 minutes ago, Vu06 said:

I think they should change her passive to something make her can stay(stop) in the air.

You're on the right track, but she actually has an option to stop in the air, what she doesn't have is the ability to use it in the air. Zephyr has a Hover, but it's currently only available if you crouch down on the floor, vulnerable, not moving, for three seconds while you charge it up. And that's what's stupid about it.

If you could use that Hover at any time, in the air, while walking around, and it stopped you in the air as a brake? Fixed.

• Like 2